Who is going to die in Macross Frontier???

taksraven

No point for a poll on this since there are too many characters.

Who is going to die in this series? Who will survive?

Leon is going to die for being bad.

Grace will die if she is not dead already.

Ozma will die before he gets to the Pineapple Salad.

Luca is probably going to die and miss out on his steak.

Cathy Glass is dancing with the devil and it may cost her her life.

Brera is going to turn away from the dark side and sacrifice his own life to redeem himself and save Ranka.

AND (this one is going to get me hate mail)

I think that there is a strong chance that Klan is not going to survive this conflict. I can hear her confessing her feelings for Mikhail before she buys the farm.

Ok, I don't necessarily think that all of these characters will be killed. BUT, I think that there is a strong chance that this Macross series could have the highest bodycount of main characters.

Taksraven

Brera is going to turn away from the dark side and sacrifice his own life to redeem himself and save Ranka.

I think that there is a strong chance that Klan is not going to survive this conflict. I can hear her confessing her feelings for Mikhail before she buys the farm.

Ok, I don't necessarily think that all of these characters will be killed. BUT, I think that there is a strong chance that this Macross series could have the highest bodycount of main characters.

Taksraven

Tomino??? ^_^

Hehehe... Just kidding.

Well... I agree with all of the above, except Klan. And I would add either Ranka or Sheryl... And only if the series have a bad/Evangelion type ending.

If we get a good ending I believe that maybe Ozma, Luca and Cathy will survive... B))

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Just to show my support the defunct KLANKLAN fan club....

B.O.I.N.G.

She'll get eaten by green cute vajra....Luca goes into rage mode and swears death upon all Vajra and dies trying.

;)

*runs*

And if TOMINO was directing:

The whole crew of the Macross Quarter including Bobby, Captain whatshisname and bridgebunnies. They will ram the Quarter into the rogue Macross Galaxy in a bout of GAR. :D

Edited by wolfx

I don't think that they would be "brave" enough to kill Ranka.

I wouldn't like to see that happen anyway and I doubt others would.

Taksraven

Taksraven

klanklan hater!! booooo! :angry:

hehe. :p

grace (or eventually her mother brain, wherever it is) is my sure bet.

too late for ozma to die by this time (too little exposure, so his death wouldn't be that much of a big deal anymore), so i'm betting he'll survive.

brera's a good bet to die, and in exactly the way you mentioned. predictable, yes, but most likely.

i hate to admit it, but if klan klan does die, it will have the most significant impact by this time. so i can't discount the possibility. :(

You have seen Kawamori's last two shows in Macross Zero and Aquarion haven't you? If the trend continues bye bye Ranka since she is starting to catch up to Ozma in regards to Death Flags. And more popular characters than Ranka have been killed off before..

I'm going to go with Ozma, Luca, and finally Berea. I don't think the body count will be too high because Macross doesn't

typically go "kill crazy" when it comes to it's main characters. In Macross we had 2(I'm not counting the villians). In Macross 2 we had 1,Macross Plus there was 3, Macross 7 had 2, and Macross Zero had 0 (providing Shin did not die).

I believe that Brera will probably kill Ozma and that Luca will die either just before or after he confesses his feelings for Nanase, while Brera will most likely sacrifice his life to save Ranka and Alto. One thought that just crossed my mind is that perhaps Luca's death would cause Nanase to join the SMS or NUNS; I can just see her in a military uniform. :ph34r:

You have seen Kawamori's last two shows in Macross Zero and Aquarion haven't you? If the trend continues bye bye Ranka since she is starting to catch up to Ozma in regards to Death Flags. And more popular characters than Ranka have been killed off before..

No, I haven't seen Aquarion so its useless to me for comparison purposes. I will admit that the further this series goes the more Ranka is reminding me of Rei Ayanami, a victim of events completely beyond her control. I don't think that Ranka will die but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of her "rising to a higher plane", maybe in the same way as Sara and Shin.

Taksraven

But she's also arguably the main female character of the show. Can't say I saw all of Aquarion, but Sara didn't die in Zero... (well interpretations of the wonky end aside) and neither did Mao.

Just to show my support the defunct KLANKLAN fan club....

B.O.I.N.G.

We're not defunct and we're not a Klan Klan fan club. Quit spreading your lies! :angry:

Anyway, yeah. Um, Gilliam. I'm pretty sure Gilliam's gonna die, if he hasn't already.

I'm never any good at predicting deaths. Love affairs, yes - because that's fun - deaths no :(

I hope none of the main characters die.

We'll have a rainbow like M7 ending with love and happiness for all.

VFTF1

I'm never any good at predicting deaths. Love affairs, yes - because that's fun - deaths no :(

I hope none of the main characters die.

We'll have a rainbow like M7 ending with love and happiness for all.

VFTF1

Tell that to Gigil, Physica, and Captain Kinryu!

I predict 3 out comes

Lots of characters (the one's already listed here will die).

or

Some many characters will go away like Shin & Sara. Essentially they are "dead" but they aren't killed.

or

Everyone sings a happy song together like in the end of Macross 7.

Tell that to Gigil, Physica, and Captain Kinryu!

Yeah, but Gigil died singing and in love, Kinryu died singing, and Physica died in love. All three of them died happier than they lived.

SDF M was so sad precisely because Roy was taken - much like Nora in Zero - in a way that was...what were the words used by Ivanov? "Worthless?" "Senseless?" Something to that token - without honor, just gone :(

And I still can't venture a prediction.

I think it's bad luck to predict people's deaths - even anime characters :)

VFTF1

Leon (jail is too good, and he seems to be a traitor (at least a spy) after all)

Ozma (they gotta push Ranka to her limit)

Brera (he must admit he's Ranka's brother before dying saving her... pushing Ranka OVER her limit)

Grace (IF she's not dead yet, which she shouldn't, we still need to now what pushed her the way she chose)

Alto (IF he picks Ranka over Sheryl.... in fact, I'd kill him myself ¬¬ ... and keep Sheryl!! :D)

Edited by Garou Kuroryuu

Base on Klan's face in the preview, I expect one or both of her Pixie teammate buying the farm in ep14.

i thought too that would be most likely. but preview also showed a shot of a shocked alto, so it might be someone dearer.

all we know for now is that there will be two.

post-6173-1215530832_thumb.jpg

edit: actually if you squint hard enough, there might be three. gasp! klan?!

Edited by Major Focker

I don't think that they would be "brave" enough to kill Ranka.

I wouldn't like to see that happen anyway and I doubt others would.

Taksraven

You need to visit some other forums. There are lynch mobs in seance for Ranka's death :)

Ozma - pineapple salad connoisseur, fits the big brother archetype who is most likely to take one for the team

Brera - will most likely sacrifice himself for Ranka's sake if they are not united happily as siblings

Nanase - most likely dies shielding Ranka from some kind of danger

One from the Pixie Squadron - I think the story can use more Zentradi deaths :D

Grace - most likely to die multiple times (but actually invincible, with her AI will rising from the ashes like the Terminator-keikaku doori...)

Edited by Realist_Classic

You need to visit some other forums. There are lynch mobs in seance for Ranka's death :)

Which other forums? Why do they want Ranka to die? I think I will stay loyal to this forum. I had a bit of a lurk at Robotech.com (gasp!) and was not impressed. B)) B))

Taksraven

Well they can be just Luca's 3 ghost. :p

Poor, poor Isaiah, Ezekiel, and Jeremiah...

Which other forums? Why do they want Ranka to die? I think I will stay loyal to this forum. I had a bit of a lurk at Robotech.com (gasp!) and was not impressed. B)) B))

Taksraven

I did as well and relaized that if I joined I would be tearing my freakin' hair out over the n00bishness in the "Southern Macrosspeada" (terrible name!) forum.

But hey, it's better than this one, on which at least 90% of the members not only hate Ranka, but Frontier in general and the VF-25 in particular.