If Yamato made a 1/60 VF-4 would you buy it?

UN Spacy

390 members have voted

1. 1. If Yamato made a 1/60 VF-4 would you buy it?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Probaby I will be banished for this but I will come clean: I voted NO, because honestly, I don't like the looks of the VF-4 at all :ph34r:

no one's going to banish you. Now if you could just give us your address we'll get our pitchforks and torches and be right over.

Truthfully, I don't see Yamato making the VF-4. I think it has more to do with iconic status. While the VF-4 is a pretty sweet looking craft, the iconic planes in Macross are the VF-1s, the YF-19 and 21, and VF-11, and the planes from Zero (although I wonder about that sometimes). Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a VF-4, but I just don't think that it is in the cards outside of a resin kit.

no one's going to banish you. Now if you could just give us your address we'll get our pitchforks and torches and be right over.

Pitchforks and torches are standard party instruments. They are in no way threatening. :)

Actually, we had a long discussion about what I'd recommend for future projects. The VF-4 was on the list, but not at the top.

Expect some exciting stuff from Yamato in the next few years.

Graham

That's what Graham said... And as you can see, it doesn't mean that the VF-4 is at the top or even on Yamato's list. It was only on the list of recommendations that Graham suggested to them. Different story all together.

I hope what he meant by exciting stuff werent more repaints of VF-1s. We know the HWRMKII is on its way... and I doubt Graham would have to 'recommend' things that Yamato was already planning to work on, so we shouldn't expect the VF-4 in the next few years. Hopefully they'll release easy to manufacture, but refreshing items, like the 1/60 M+ Ghost (easy to manufacture, small number of moving parts). Still praying for a VF-17 though.

78% percent say yes eh?

Iconic status? IMHO the VF-4 is ONLY remaining VF with iconic status.

-It's the LAST time we see Hikaru Ichijo.

-It's accompanying the Megaroad into space.

The only other new mold I see it giving competition is the VF-0D which is hardly iconic.

VF-3000? NOPE.

VF-5000? NOPE.

VF-14? NOPE.

I hope what he meant by exciting stuff werent more repaints of VF-1s. We know the HWRMKII is on its way...

we definitely don't know that the MKII monster is coming. it would be cool but I wonder about it coming out. also I wonder if yamato will actually do a MKII or instead do a revamped VB-6.

there's all kind's of slim possiblities but I'm dubious that a MkII will come out, especially in 1/60. if it does then it will be one of the slowest developments I've ever seen. (weren't those old resin prototypes for a 1/60 monster shown back when the 1/60 v.1 line were just hitting stores?)

• 4 months later...
I would definitely need two because I love the fighter and Battroid modes on this bird...

Battroid is FTW!!!!

med_gallery_4840_100_115680.jpg

I want a VF-4 but I hope it doesn't look like this one. The guy's who made this did some nice work but it Just doesn't look like the VF-4.

STICK TO THE LINE ART YAMATO!!!

vf-4-styled-battroid.png

I personally love battroid mode, bring it Yamato in 1/60, not Bandai, they can bring it in 1/100 though (as stated by them in that 1/100 list poster) i'll happily take one from them.

Gerwalk mode is SUPER sexy.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

There's no doubt that I'd buy the VF-4 if Yamato came out with one, FAST Packs included or not.

I do doubt that we'll see one for the price that the VF-1 goes for, as there's only a few schemes that the Lightning III has been shown to wear that Yamato could produce to offset development costs.

I don't quite get the fast pack talk considering the VF-4 was never even shown to have one.

as for paint schemes; there's the FB2012 skull scheme, the Max and milia schemes frm M3, and the VAT-127 scheme from TISA Mac+ http://www.new-un-spacy.com/forfansonly/vf...127-fighter.gif

and it's not official and have no idea where it came from but the black version of the FB2012 skull scheme needs to be made http://www.new-un-spacy.com/forfansonly/vf...ean-fighter.gif

and if they need inspiration for plenty of non-cannon schemes, we can always send them a link to Talos' Photobucket/imageshack account. :D

Yep, all the naysayers piss off imo. VF-4 rules, Hikaru must have had some good fun in his VF-4 before he went down in 2016..

Oh, I still think the VF-4 looks half assed in any mode but fighter but those FPs really work well it.

I wonder how it would work in battroid though. I'm not a fan of the Mac 7 style FPs that are those huge ponderous things that just hang off the shoulders.

gallery_3118_347_2987.jpg

http://rapidshare.com/users/4EJDD5

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=244

go go Frontier FP/Super style origins.

Gotta love it.

oh, the Heavy weapon version. I don't really consider those FAST packs. FAST packs imply extra bits that add weapons and fuel that can be jettisoned. Those completely replace the arms and shoulders, and if you Jettisoned them you'd have an amputee battroid.

Oh, I'd nab a VF-4 in a heartbeat. Several, even. One of my favourites, in all modes. Never understood the complaints about battroid. The VF-4 battroid is bad ass.

oh, the Heavy weapon version. I don't really consider those FAST packs. FAST packs imply extra bits that add weapons and fuel that can be jettisoned. Those completely replace the arms and shoulders, and if you Jettisoned them you'd have an amputee battroid.

That's all the pics i got of legit optional hardware, wanna show us these FP's your talking about? And why would they replace the arms and shoulders?

Did you translate it or something? I can't see how the addtions are replacing, just slopped on top roughly.

This is a rough sketch of his yes but i can't fathom a genius like Shoji to create such a stupid notion of ruining the variable aspect of the VF-4.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

This is the other pic i have, but i don't regard this as legit, looks like fan made(?), if this is what your talking about i agree it looks silly and no where

near as cool as the "heavy weapons" add on.

gallery_3118_347_15257.jpg

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

That's all the pics i got of legit optional hardware, wanna show us these FP's your talking about? And why would they replace the arms and shoulders?

Did you translate it or something? I can't see how the addtions are replacing, just slopped on top roughly.

This is a rough sketch of his yes but i can't fathom a genius like Shoji to create such a stupid notion of ruining the variable aspect of the VF-4.

First I mentioned fast packs in the first place because two other people posted mentioning fast packs. then I just explained how I didn't consider what you posted to be true fast packs.

second, that's the only illustration of the heavy weapons unit that I'm aware of, it was originally published in the instructions for a resin kit if I remember correctly.

post-4286-1246518079_thumb.jpg

this page shows how the top part of the nacelle (i.e. the arms/shoulders) are removed, and the tail fin is folded down. the top sketch of the VF-4 in the pic you posted shows this configuration. It's generally assumed that the heavy weapons unit parts are placed over the folded down fins as evidenced by the way the tail fin's stick out the side in the same way.

also, I never said that it couldn't transform, I just said that it couldn't jettison the extra parts (and that I consider FAST packs to be something that could be jettisoned readily, like every other set shown). although we don't know for sure how it would transform (I have my own theories though).

This is the other pic i have, but i don't regard this as legit, looks like fan made(?), if this is what your talking about i agree it looks silly and no where

near as cool as the "heavy weapons" add on.

>snip<

This one here is a fan drawing of the VF-4 as it appears in the SDF Macross: Eternal Love Song video game for the PC engine. ELS was one of the games made without input from Studio Nue and SK (along with Macross 2036), and was made at a time when the only info available about the VF-4 was what's animated in FB2012. The creators of the game made up their own battroid/Gerwalk modes and threw on the boosters.

Would love Shoji to draw up a better description for us, sucks that we have only a little to go on by with the VF-4.

I would like to think there was a way for the 4 to change modes though with the H/Weapons package.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

After the VF-11B Yamato's options for new VF molds are kind of running thin.

Yes. I expect them to focus mostly on the new VF-1's but that doens't mean there's room for more.

Let's say it retailed for the same price as the upcoming VF-1's and also included Fast Packs.

Sorry if this has been done before but I really think this could be another best seller.

how come when i asked this people didn't listen/where rude to me and said oh VF-4 is part of robotech yada yada yada.