If Yamato made a 1/60 VF-4 would you buy it?

UN Spacy

390 members have voted

1. 1. If Yamato made a 1/60 VF-4 would you buy it?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I really don't see the point of

"If Yamato made [insert relatively cool Macross fighter jet] would you buy it?"

threads...

I mean - have we ever had a thread on ANYTHING in the Macross Universe where the majority of people were like "THIS SUCKS! NO WAY!" ?

So far, I haven't noticed any fandom rebellion as was the case - for example - when preview images of the TFs from Bayformers got out - people really had an "OH DEAR LORD WHAT ARE THOSE!?" moment...

But in Macross - never happened.

I'd buy the thing - even though I don't know what it even looks like - but given what Yamato has done up to now, I trust 'em :)

VFTF1

I just decided that I have to change my vote from HELL YES to HELL YES x 2 because I would need two of them at least.

It is one of my favorite designs in terms of Fighter mode AND in terms of Battroid mode and I would need at least two to display.

With the way Yamato has managed to engineer a perfect transformation SV-51 and a PT YF-21, I'm absolutely certain they'd manage to work out a transformation method for the VF-4. :) To this day I'm still stumped on how the nose becomes the crotchpiece in battroid mode. I just don't understand the mechanics of it, despite the diagram in the Design Works book...

They don't need to work to hard, It's been figured out on the 1/72 SHE transforming VF-4

I still want to see this in a 1/48.

Edited by robodragon

I mean - have we ever had a thread on ANYTHING in the Macross Universe where the majority of people were like "THIS SUCKS! NO WAY!" ?

VFTF1

Yes, there was a rebellion against the 1/100 VF-0 prototype which required interchangeable parts for the transformation :lol:

Yamato had to bomb that release because of the hatred!!!

They don't need to work to hard, It's been figured out on the 1/72 SHE transforming VF-4

I still want to see this in a 1/48.

Exactly! SHE did it and people have done the VF-4 in legos.

Yamato needs to borrow from SHE's catalog. VF-11, VF-4, VF-5000. Just remember for the longest time SHE was the only YF-19 with fast packs and now look at the beautiful 1/60 Yamato made.

Rainbow canopy or not, I will definitely get one ^_^

What is this rainbow canopy you guys are referring to? :o

I've noticed it pop up in the new 1/60 VF-1 thread. Judging by the latest pictures it looks fine to me.

Max and Miria M3 versions.

These schemes are stunning to me. If someone has good pictures of these, please post them for those who haven't played M3. Here's one of my Max/Miria favorites (where they remain flying canopy-to-canopy while killing everything in sight) and a Max in cockpit shot:

bg25if8.jpg

bg01be4.jpg

Edited by Wicked Ace

These schemes are stunning to me. If someone has good pictures of these, please post them for those who haven't played M3. Here's one of my Max/Miria favorites (where they remain flying canopy-to-canopy while killing everything in sight) and a Max in cockpit shot:

plane on top looks like a vf-5000...

I can so visualize how great a VF-4 would be with the stuff that we've see coming out of Yamato the past year or two. To me a VF-4 would be my centerpiece. My YF-19 and 21, kicked to the side. My Legions / Tread, kicked to the back. My 25 different lightsabers collection, Into storage. Well maybe I would just us the lightsabers for accent lighting for my VF-4. I don't want to go to far off the deep end.

Please Yamato, please make a 1/48 or 1/60 VF-4. I'll be your best friend.

Voted maybe.

Beautiful fighter mode. No doubt.

But just ain't feelin' the battroid mode at all.

Also, I think 1/48 would be a nicer sized scale for these, would it not?

Absolutely would buy. Love the look in all forms. If they make it, I hope the shoulders rotate at the wings like TFA Lugnut. One of Kawamori's coolest designs, IMHO.

Let's face it. You guys want it cause it's different. Not cause it's beautiful. :p

Yamato, prioritise a VF-9 or 14. The 4 can be last.

You are joking right?

The VF-4 is a gorgeous design in all modes. Some art is subjective but this is Absolutely and objectively aesthetically pleasing OK? So there! Yes I am absurd.