New pics of Hirohawa's customs from Solscud

EXO

wow I remember those. we were waiting on the Thunderhammer to be finalized and put together. the armor with the valk. so in the meantime, as a preamble and for practice, I shot some of Hirohawa's customs. no we didnt transform any of them.

Hirohawa beat yamato to the punch when it came to weathering the Roy 1S. Check out the visor detail.

I like mine more hehe j/k. Hirohawa did a great job on the visor.

Edited by Solscud007

These 3 are hands down better than Yamato's weathered customs!

The TV Max with the preshading (or is it post) and SUBTLE, not overdone panelining is just awesome.

That Low Vis 2 custom really would sell more of the LV2 if it had matching fast packs and weathering!

More hires pictures without the fast packs and some gerwalk mode!

You guys do great work! West Side...................! ;)

The visor was quite a bit of work I had to dremel out a cavity in the head and then used some Kotobukiya verniers cut and glue them in place and paint them silver.

But the most difficult part was dremeling out the original visor from a wedge shape to just a paper thin piece that had to be glued over all the details I added and painted with transparent green.

The visor was quite a bit of work I had to dremel out a cavity in the head and then used some Kotobukiya verniers cut and glue them in place and paint them silver.

But the most difficult part was dremeling out the original visor from a wedge shape to just a paper thin piece that had to be glued over all the details I added and painted with transparent green.

Damn.....I was thinking about trying that but it seems a bit too hard.

:ph34r:

boohoo.gif

wouldnt it be easier to get a thin sheet of clear styrene and cut it and curve it?

I don't know....would it? :huh:

:ph34r:

I thought about that. But I think the clear styrene would have a tendecy to want to pop out of it's curved shape, plus be hard to glue down.

Probably vacu forming would be a viable option. I actually never thought that dremeling down the visor would work but figured I'd give it a shot, and the reslurms where pretty good.

wouldnt it be easier to get a thin sheet of clear styrene and cut it and curve it?

• 1 month later...