Mostly the Mospeada

EXO

I don't know why most of you are so keen on coming Beagle Ride Armor

I have just got my 2nd MH ride armor - Lancer or Yellow Dancer, and I think it is perfect,

especially the ratio quality / price. Aslo, they definitely made some improvements to the toy.

From what I have read, Genius position is that the best model is the most realisitic one.

"Count me out on a Mega House Legioss... the last thing I want is a parts-forming Legioss....

I already have one made by Gakken and that's enough. Now, if Beagle wants to take a stab biggrin.gif"

It might be right if the model is based on real vehicle, but with mospeada and macross - it is not.

And, if you look closely on animes, the creators cheated a lot when showed us transformation sequences.

Another way to prove that, I would advise people try to create animated cg models of the toys

(that's what I am going for my game project), and understand better what I mean .

So, I don't demand realistic toys, because with all skills like Yamato ones, sometimes it is almost impossible to do them.

Edited by SeminNV

Over-Drive has new official pictures of Beagle`s Ride Armor, and release details.

Blog posts

They will start taking orders for the item on August 20. The price will be around $200.

Thanks for the info Save. :)

I'm still curious to know weather the final product will be able to stand in ride armour mode under its own weight. I'll be ordering at least 2 regardless tho.

SeminNV -

Yeah, the MH Blowsperior is really nice, my favourite variation of the bikes too. I don't really mind parts swapping if it results in a more anime accurate representation of the toy. "Perfect transformation" is an over-rated concept for me, but I understnd othersare turned off by large amounts of parts swapping.

I'm keen on the Beagle because it looks great in all modes, even tho it possibly least resembles the line art out of the current batch of available RAs. The bike is alot more streamlined and thinner whilst the armour is alot smaller on the rider, but only death itself will stop me from owning that toy. :unsure:

So in short - the different companies have approached the hurdle of 'anime magic' by taking different approaches. CMs went for PT with averaged proportions, Megahouse focused on the Ride Armour mode while making the bike and wheels smaller, Beagle reinterperated the design itself.

And yeah, I do the CG thing too :)

Reasons why I am hesitant on buying a Beagle:

1. Low Budget Cloth Material Cop out. I think it's too loose. Japanese Mech/Robots should be made out of anything but clothy material. They could have at least tightened it up and maybe used different material. Yeah, I know it's all in the cost of making the toy, but still, this is $200! Do it right. That's a lot of money for a low budget filipino guy like myself.

2. No Crotch Guard Okay, there obviously is one, but it's so high that it looks more like a belt than a crotch guard. Yes, all this, so he can sit on the bike right -- that's fine, but they could have come to a better conclusion!

3. I'm broke I tell ya... having your own house, with no roommates, car payments, beer money.... a $200 purchase really puts a dent in the budget. =( I guess I could have went to medical school, but that's besides the point! I gotta stop ordering mail order bridges and find me a rich wife. Besides, I gotta save my money for the 1/60 Destroids!

Anyways, look how much better it would look if the bottom cloth was at least white; and if the crotch armor covered more of this manhood:

mosstam-8.jpg

And, is it just me, or that head really big?

Edited by fifbeat

1. Low Budget Cloth Material Cop out. I think it's too loose. Japanese Mech/Robots should be made out of anything but clothy material. They could have at least tightened it up and maybe used different material. Yeah, I know it's all in the cost of making the toy, but still, this is $200! Do it right. That's a lot of money for a low budget filipino guy like myself.

2. No Crotch Guard Okay, there obviously is one, but it's so high that it looks more like a belt than a crotch guard. Yes, all this, so he can sit on the bike right -- that's fine, but they could have come to a better conclusion!

3. I'm broke I tell ya... having your own house, with no roommates, car payments, beer money.... a $200 purchase really puts a dent in the budget. =( I guess I could have went to medical school, but that's besides the point! I gotta stop ordering mail order bridges and find me a rich wife. Besides, I gotta save my money for the 1/60 Destroids!

Anyways, look how much better it would look if the bottom cloth was at least white; and if the crotch armor covered more of this manhood:

mosstam-8.jpg

agreed, pic to the left looks funny

what is the red thing? pyjamas? Invids came unexpectedly during night?)) :lol:

BTW, any news on 1/15 MH Rook Bartley ride armor?

Edited by SeminNV

This isn't a robot or a mech, it's a dude wearing powered armor. The cloth represents his clothes. I'm not sure about you low budget filipino guys, but my clothes are mostly cloth. :lol:

This isn't a robot or a mech, it's a dude wearing powered armor. The cloth represents his clothes. I'm not sure about you low budget filipino guys, but my clothes are mostly cloth.

Come on, man. You know what I mean. =)

Robots. Mechs. Armor. Suit. Japanese.

Whatever the heck it is, whether it's a valkyrie, voltron, ride armor.... it's still part of your Japanese Robot/Mech Toy collection.

Dilemma #1 - If they don't enlarge the crotch guard, I will be forced to accidently see his camel toe every time.

Dilemma #2 - If they do enlarge the crotch guard, he will have a hard time sitting properly on his bike.

What to do? What to do? ^_^

Dilemma #1 - If they don't enlarge the crotch guard, I will be forced to accidently see his camel toe every time.

Dilemma #2 - If they do enlarge the crotch guard, he will have a hard time sitting properly on his bike.

What to do? What to do? ^_^

Stick just doesn't have it going on down there. :ph34r:

I think you guys are being more bothered by the cloth in the pictures then you would be in person. Chances are Beagle went this route because they gave the figure some burly articulation and thus the cloth covers up some pretty garrish joints. After all, it's supposed to be a guy in there, seeing joints is a bit of a turn off. Now, look at the Mega House figures. Those things are absolutely hideous before you put the armor on them or put them on the bike and look at them at some angle that helps hide how un-human-like they are.

As to perfect transformation, if the anime doesn't show things flying off and then being magically reapplied I don't want to have to do that with my toys. If the anime uses magic then toy designers need to figure out ways to emulate that magic. Good example: the CMs Tread. The cockpit for the Tread just goes down in the anime and then it is magically gone. CMs figured out a way of making it work (Toynami apparently didn't). Look at what Yamato did with the legs on the YF-19. Yamato made parts that collapse into the leg to accomodate fighter mode. Heck, look at the CMs vs MH Ride Armors. The CMs version is as close to perfect transformation as I've seen. The Mega House version doesn't even try. A legioss toy ought to be of sufficient size where no anime magic is made. Between the CMs Legioss and the Toynami Alpha I think we've all seen there's no need for parts-forming in a Legioss.

So I wonder what the price will be from Toynami when they import it here as their Masterpiece? Also, I thought the Scott Bernard head was to be a Toynami exclusive add-in, but there it is in these Japan promo shots.

Nope, as I said before. It's not a Toynami add-on but Toynami is replacing the sculpt of the head with their own sculpt.

1. Low Budget Cloth Material

2. No Crotch Guard

3. I'm broke

the head is not only big, the sculpt is a very very poor attempt. i'm surprised this isn't in your list of reasons, but i'm more surprised that no one else brings out the problem of the head sculpt accuracy. Stick looks more like Clark Kent if his hair is black. For the price and scale, i expect a much better sculpt than that. So yeah, i definitely agree with your point #3 - toy is too expensive. I'm expecting a lower street price, and not the recommended price, so there's still some hope ^_^.

As for point #1 using cloth in action figures is actually quite rare, and they serve to cover up the joints so why not? How many action figures take care of the joints problem? Very few. So i agree with jenius on this, i actually liked the idea and have always been hoping for action figures with covered/hidden joints for a long time. The Megahouse figures are horrible when un-armored especially the shoulder to arm joint where you can actually see a stick holding the arms to the body. I'd expected a much better design than that - Megahouse being subsidiary of Bandai, they have tons of experience in making action figures.

Let me guess... is it the Lansey Tread?

Carl

sigh....

can't believe it... being born where it was produced, yet not having a chance to own one of these. So close yet so far... need a time machine :angry:

PS > regarding the Toynami Beta, can anyone tell me for sure that the ugly cockpit is gonna be sticking out on the chest in battroid mode? will there be an option to remove the cockpit (a loose part during Battroid which can be attached in fighter mode)? Coz the early pics didn't show the cockpit in the chest, and i'm considering if i should do a pre-order on the Beta... :mellow:

Edited by Shun

I don't think anyone can give a definitive answer regarding the Toynami cockpit because Toynami isn't exactly careful about what prototype pictures they use to show off their upcoming release (and stores are even less careful). If Toynami's most recent show is indicative of what the release will look like then the cockpit will simply fold down and be visible in battloid mode. It doesn't appear that it's removeable and a lot of confusion comes from Toynami's early prototypes which weren't 100% transformable (they didn't know what to do about the cockpit back then so they simply excluded it from their battloid prototype).

I need to correct myself, I do not have a Lansey Tread or a Seven Ride Armor. Both are vintage and hard to come by, the Lansay Tread being the much harder of the two. If anyone has either for sale, PM me. I've been patiently waiting for the Toynami release in the hope of hammering the price on the Lansay down a bit lower.

Edited by jenius

The imperfections are not enough to keep me from getting the Beagle. I'm so drooling. I like the head sculpt on that and I don't feel it's too big.

Can't wait to get it. If the QC is good, I'll pick up the toynami version and start messing around with crap I want fixed. I love the stand and all the extras.

The imperfections are not enough to keep me from getting the Beagle. I'm so drooling. I like the head sculpt on that and I don't feel it's too big.

Can't wait to get it. If the QC is good, I'll pick up the toynami version and start messing around with crap I want fixed. I love the stand and all the extras.

Im with EXO.

That Beagle looks so much better then the CM or MH ones.

I am dyin over here!

I wont nab it till they do Yellow though!

I'm still rather puzzled if Toynami could actually release this thing for $50-$70 cheaper. Possibly it doesn't have all of those nice accessories or maybe their cutting costs by borrowing the mold and taking it to their own factory!

Edited by SuperHobo

I'm still rather puzzled if Toynami could actually release this thing for $50-$70 cheaper. Possibly it doesn't have all of those nice accessories or maybe their cutting costs by borrowing the mold and taking it to their own factory!

Those are some of the reasons why Toynami has earned the nickname "Crapnami".

Those are some of the reasons why Toynami has earned the nickname "Crapnami".

except for the fact that....IIRC....Toynami is simply distributing this for the US not making them.

:ph34r:

I agree with the comment about how companies should try to find ways to make something work if the anime or lineart is vague on how it is done.

Perfect Transformation is what makes me like these toys the most otherwise I would just buy the kits which offer superior sculpt and detail to the toys. If they transformed in the show, having a toy which won't fall apart when you transform it is a big plus for paying a high price to get one of these vs a kit.

If CMs could only redo the ride armor at larger size with more details that would be awesome. Are these becoming rarer and harder to get now? I bet the price of these on ebay will go up in time.

So are there any pics showing the beagle ride armor transforming? I was wondering will it be as close as CMs RA transformation?

And yes although the toynami legioss has the best sculpt, for years I resisted buying them due to the QC. I really want something that LASTS. CMs although overpriced at least got theirs (legioss + tread) out quickly and I think that's why we don't pick on them so much here. Look how long it took toynami to get the beta out finally! And the Fast packs for the 1/100 vf-1.

If toynami ever takes a second shot at trying to release an alpha and beta, then I hope they attempt to make it less fragile.

What would be good is to see yamato take a shot at legioss and tread. What are the chances of that happening? The transformation of the alpha is very simple, so I doubt it would be much problem for them to pull off. The key is getting that link up thing to work. The search for the perfect legioss and tread continues..

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

You know what? Toynami is already partnered with Tamashii(Bandai), I hope the US market is big enough for them to convince Tamashii to make DX Mospeada toys under the Robotech banner. All Toynami has to do is distribute them, and Aoshima can distribute them under the Mospeada banner in Japan. It can be called MPC Alpha v2.0. Hell I would buy it. Since its Tamashii, certainly the price would be cheaper than CMs, and its good for us because it gives us another option, and variety.

In fact, Toynami can delay the Shadow Chronicles MPCs and Betas, if Tamashii makes a Legioss/Tread from scratch, then I can wait!

I'm not sure about you low budget filipino guys, but my clothes are mostly cloth. laugh.gif

I have toys, who said anything about clot-.......LOL

A legioss toy ought to be of sufficient size where no anime magic is made. Between the CMs Legioss and the Toynami Alpha I think we've all seen there's no need for parts-forming in a Legioss.

True...I am all for Tamashii making a 1/32 DX and calling it a day. THAT would be freaking awesome.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Honestly, the way things are going with the VF-25 so far, I'd rather have Yamato do it. I know they don't have the license, but every 80's mech they've done after the 1/48 are so aesthetically right and the transformations have been ingenius and the way FPs, ghost and boosters fit on have been pretty good that I'm sure they can do a Alpha/Beta link with no problems. QC is probably the only question, but at least we know they fix theirs in subsequent releases. Another thing is that they're so custom friendly. So 4.5 out 5 reasons why a Yamato Legioss/Tread is a dream toy for me.

QC is probably the only question, but at least we know they fix theirs in subsequent releases. Another thing is that they're so custom friendly. So 4.5 out 5 reasons why a Yamato Legioss/Tread is a dream toy for me.

If they can cut a deal with Toynami, like Toynami distributing them here, its a win/win situation for all of us, because we could get them for cheaper than usual.

It sucks to be a Mospeada fan in a way, seems like in Japan it's not very popular, therefore outside of the anniversary, there aren't many chances for products to be released/even made. Its a shame really, its a great anime.

some news on 1/15 MH ride armor Rook Bartley type))

This is what I wrote yesterday to hlj.com

Dear hlj.com,

I am impatient fan of macross/mospeada/southern cross = (there goes a words, that some people might hate))))

Could you give me any news on megahouse 1/15 ride armor Rook Bartley type

(now you have Stick, Ray, Yellow)?

When will the last one be available?

And the answer:

Hi

Thanks for writing.

Sorry, we do not have any information on the item at this time. Please watch our site regularly for updates.

Thanks for shopping with HobbyLink Japan!

Joseph Tsai

HobbyLink Japan

(www.hlj.com)

I bet the release gonna be by Christmas.

Does anybody have any pics of the toy?

Edited by SeminNV