Mostly the Mospeada

EXO

It seems he agrees that the CMs toys are of a similar level of build quality but disagrees that the CMs are on par with Yamato in terms of overall product (ie. they look like children's toys instead of the true-to-form adult collectibles you would expect for their price tag). I'm with him but almost everyone already has lamented that we still don't have the killer app Legioss toy yet.

EDIT - did you guys see that the Beta MPC weighs two pounds? How much does a chunky monkey weigh? Also, it's 9.5" tall in Battloid and 9" wide... something seems odd about that.

Edited by jenius

Okay, so if the Blue Beta is gonna be limited to 10000 pieces, does anyone actually think they'll be able to sell that many? I think the price tag is so high that anyone who actually might have been on the fence (given the QC nightmare the Alpha is) will probably be put off. And if I recall correctly, there were only 10000-ish blue toynami Alphas made, so I doubt every single person will buy one and Aoshima's doesn't match color wise from what I understand so I just don't see them selling out. So I honestly think the price will drop quickly after release.

CMs look like toys for 5-6 years old kids + they too expensive for this "level" of quality.

Just ask your mom or your gf - show her 1/60 VF-1S v2 and CM legioss and thread, which one they will like?

I tried this many times with people who have not prefernces to mospeada or macross

All of them liked yamato toys more :p

I skipped on the CMs' for that reason: Way overpriced for what they are. If they only got some basic things right like the Legioss' shoulders, the linkup with the Beta or the wonky legs, I would've bought it regardless of the price. Also if the toy was a lot cheaper I could've overseen those flaws, but as it is I'd feel gypped buying them.

With the current Mospeada revival, and all the feedback from fans around the world about Toynami/Aoshima and CMs, it's a matter of time until another company picks up the globe. Right now we have three companies producing Ridearmors simultaneously, so there's hope.

With CMs you're actually paying a high premium for rarity even if CMs doesn't tell you that. From what I understand, there were very few Legioss/Tread sets actually made.

EDIT - Of course, since CMs hasn't made that a selling point it also leaves the door open for reissues and such, or deals with other companies to produce more and sell in different markets, etc.

Edited by jenius

CMs look like toys for 5-6 years old kids + they too expensive for this "level" of quality.

Just ask your mom or your gf - show her 1/60 VF-1S v2 and CM legioss and thread, which one they will like?

I tried this many times with people who have not prefernces to mospeada or macross

All of them liked yamato toys more :p

I tend to view my toys on the level of how much I like them and I could care less what my friends and family think of them, especially someone like my mom who would wonder why the hell I was asking her to choose in the first place.

A lot of people don't like the CMs Legioss & Tlead. That's fine.

A lot of people DO like the set. That's fine, too. I don't think either side really needs to have their preference or taste called into question.

I tend to view my toys on the level of how much I like them and I could care less what my friends and family think of them, especially someone like my mom who would wonder why the hell I was asking her to choose in the first place.

A lot of people DO like the set. That's fine, too. I don't think either side really needs to have their preference or taste called into question.

couldn't agree with you more

I may disagree with eriku about liking the CMs set, but I totally agree with the above statement.

The CM looks great to me just not $250 great. If that set was $150 I would have cracked by now I think. ;)

That's just it, CMs has priced a lot of fans right out of this toy. Just like how I've always wanted to check out some of their other toys, like GaoGaiGar, but have never been willing or able to pay the premium.

That said, I just noticed the shadow Legioss on HLJ for about $110 USD. Still not cheap, especially for just the Legioss, but it's a more affordable option for those who really want to check out the toy but not spend $250 on the set.

Man, I am really tempted to pre-order the Crapnami Beta ... if only to finally own a beta ...

:mellow:

If you don't mind the price of the CMs give the Legioss-Tread set a try. The CMs tread is THE awesome. It's very poseable, full of clicky joints and perfect in the QC department.

I got the CMs Wonderfest toys and the MH Dark in. The MH Dark is now my favorite Mega House ride armror and it does feature improved arms. Very nice. The CMs Blow Superior (metalic/clear edition) didn't come with a head!! It does come with the Ley, Stig, and Yellow helmetless heads but no helmeted head! Kind of a bummer but it looks like it comes with a mail away card so that they can send you a head when they make one... I dunno, I have to have a Japanese friend translate it for me. It also comes with instructions printed on regular paper so I'm thinking that they hit some snags on a tight deadline but decided to sell the toy at WonderFest anyway. Oddly enough, the standard Green Stig type comes with 2 helmted heads... haven't had a chance to open any of the plastic trays yet, I just checked for content. One cool thing about the Blow Superior I noticed, also could be construed as lame, they made the clear metallic one have a sparkly finish on all the blue pieces. Definitely not the most appealing ride armor for the diehards but it's pretty cool for what it is.

Nice! So u posting up pics on ur site or here in reviews ? Be cool to see if you are !

( sorry if this is stupid question, but how they fix the arms? )

yuck, still hate those MH figure proportions. Yellow doesn't have a chin strap??? The bike is a vast improvement though. Cleaner lines, not so boxy and the thicker tires are a real improvement.

I find this amusing. First, the pessimism:

I skipped on the CMs' for that reason: Way overpriced for what they are. If they only got some basic things right like the Legioss' shoulders, the linkup with the Beta or the wonky legs, I would've bought it regardless of the price. Also if the toy was a lot cheaper I could've overseen those flaws, but as it is I'd feel gypped buying them.

Then, immediately after that, a burst of optimism:

With the current Mospeada revival, and all the feedback from fans around the world about Toynami/Aoshima and CMs, it's a matter of time until another company picks up the globe. Right now we have three companies producing Ridearmors simultaneously, so there's hope.

So basically what you're saying is, "I think the MOSPEADA toys that are out there are overpriced, so I'm not buying them, but I know that other companies are encouraged enough to make more MOSPEADA toys." Does this make any sense?

In Japan MOSPEADA is seen as a show with very limited appeal. Thankfully, there's a company there crazy or stupid enough to make a Tread, but unfortunately the costs of each piece are high because the production runs are low. There's only so much risk you can take with a license like that.

So even if CM's toys sell okay, I think it's unlikely that a lot of other companies are going to start jockeying for the license. If there was that much interest in MOSPEADA, we would have been seeing toys for years before the 25th anniversary, like VOTOMS.

If most Japanese collectors are like you, and consistently skip on buying the MOSPEADA toys that are being put out there, then there will definitely be no more MOSPEADA toys from anyone. That's a guarantee. I like to think that the people who are as crazy/stupid as the people at CM's spent the cash, and are happy with what they got. I am.

Also:

Yeah that's right i almost forgot, i HATE the weight of my MPC red Alpha, it's far too heavy, no way would i consider getting the Beta!

Since when was having a heavier robot toy a bad thing?

The world's turned upside town.

And:

That's just it, CMs has priced a lot of fans right out of this toy.

Macrossworld griping aside, what makes you think that collectors in Japan aren't buying this toy as a result of the price point?

Edited by Roger

Yeah Eriku, you're stupid, just because it's exhorbidantly expensive doesn't mean some people won't be able to afford it! That logic is re-tart-ed.

And Lonely Soldier Boy, your stuped too! Sure, there are now FOUR or FIVE companies making Mospeada products compared to the one of a couple years ago. It doesn't make any sense to say that more companies are making Mospeada products and some day you'll get one you like! See, because of you not buying the Mega House Ride Armor or the CMs Ride Armor now we're never going to get a better one!

C'mon Ruski, since when does making a toy so heavy it's joints can't support the weight equal a lame toy? That's the way things are supposed to be!

Good work Roger.

Anyway, Sam, yes everything will be going up on my site. Unfortunately, there have been a bunch of toys released all right on the heels of each other that I'm having a very hard time keeping up. I spend all my free time these days taking pictures of toys and don't end up with any time left over to edit the pictures or make a write-up (the six days a week I'm working don't help either). Soon enough though... and the pictures are Suhweet.

They (MH) improved the arm by adding a little swivel area just below the elbow.

Yuck, still hate those MH figure proportions. Yellow doesn't have a chin strap??? The bike is a vast improvement though. Cleaner lines, not so boxy and the thicker tires are a real improvement.

Yeah, the front views of the figures look a little crude. But at certain angles -- basically any angle except the front, it looks pretty sweet. (I realize that's a cheap thing to say, since any toy could look cool at certain angles).

But just like all the other toys, SOMETHING has gotta give in order to better other aspects. In this case, the full transformation of the ride armor still looks like a million bucks.

Is it just me? Or does Lance's neck look even longer? Maybe it's the colors? Or maybe his head is smaller?

Also:

Since when was having a heavier robot toy a bad thing?

The world's turned upside town.

I can see it getting real floppy over time, perhaps i'm spoilt with light weight big scale Yamatos (21/51), it's just the way i feel about it. Too much diecast sucks.

I HATE my toynami Rook Alpha. Floppy, fragile, parts prone to snapping mess that i regret buying. I can't trust the Beta.

yuck, still hate those MH figure proportions. Yellow doesn't have a chin strap??? The bike is a vast improvement though. Cleaner lines, not so boxy and the thicker tires are a real improvement.

The figure proportions are a little funny, yes, but it all makes up for it in armor mode, IMHO. Can't wait to get mine in from VE.

The figure proportions are a little funny, yes, but it all makes up for it in armor mode, IMHO. Can't wait to get mine in from VE.

This one will deffinently be getting armour mode treatment! :D The non-chin guard doesn't matter, the visor down looks slick!

http://www.hlj.com/product/MEG80910 - still shown order stoppage. Anyone that gets their payment required e-mail let us know ok!

I find this amusing. First, the pessimism:

Then, immediately after that, a burst of optimism:

So basically what you're saying is, "I think the MOSPEADA toys that are out there are overpriced, so I'm not buying them, but I know that other companies are encouraged enough to make more MOSPEADA toys." Does this make any sense?

In Japan MOSPEADA is seen as a show with very limited appeal. Thankfully, there's a company there crazy or stupid enough to make a Tread, but unfortunately the costs of each piece are high because the production runs are low. There's only so much risk you can take with a license like that.

So even if CM's toys sell okay, I think it's unlikely that a lot of other companies are going to start jockeying for the license. If there was that much interest in MOSPEADA, we would have been seeing toys for years before the 25th anniversary, like VOTOMS.

If most Japanese collectors are like you, and consistently skip on buying the MOSPEADA toys that are being put out there, then there will definitely be no more MOSPEADA toys from anyone. That's a guarantee. I like to think that the people who are as crazy/stupid as the people at CM's spent the cash, and are happy with what they got. I am.

Why would anyone twist people's words just to make them look stupid? Just so other people can see your point of view? Of course any weak minded fool would flock to agree.

What he said made perfect sense on it's own. He felt the price tag was high for something that didn't look good, but he was willing to to pay for something if it pleased his eye. If anything it's the people that settle for what's available, even if it didn't suit their taste that are stupid. Hey just buy it! That's all we're getting! Roger quit being such a cheerleader for anyone that'll give you any Mospeada toy and then turning around trolling people that didn't. Should I just flop down money for the MH, which I clearly dont like when I know that the Beagle is around the corner? Even though I know it's more expensive? Yes, I'm willing to pay extra for what pleases me even though I feel the MH doesn't deserve to be the price it is for something that unappealing to me.

And:

Macrossworld griping aside, what makes you think that collectors in Japan aren't buying this toy as a result of the price point?

Are you saying there's absolutely no one in Japan griping abut the price? Way to go, another way to try to skew people into your way of thinking.

And:

I hope collectors in Japan are buying the CMs set and enjoying it. I don't know enough Japanese fans to say or guess if they are buying it or what they think of the price. I was basing what I said on things I've read here and other toy collecting forums where a large sentiment seems to be "I'd buy it if it were cheaper".

Just so there's no confusion I'm not saying it should be cheaper because to be honest I think that it's as cheap as they were able to offer it at this level of quality and still make a profit.

Edited by eriku

This one will deffinently be getting armour mode treatment! :D The non-chin guard doesn't matter, the visor down looks slick!

http://www.hlj.com/product/MEG80910 - still shown order stoppage. Anyone that gets their payment required e-mail let us know ok!

Still listed as future release also. Order has yet to be processed. Wonder if HLJ is about to do some website maintenance? :lol:

Geez, I'm so glad Roger is here to tell us how amusing we are. You know, I'd like to enumerate the ways Roger contributes around here:

1) Telling us how dumb we are

2) Telling stores not to honor our preorder prices

3) Illegally copying anime art for himself and holding it ransom instead of sharing it with the fan community. Asking others to take down pictures of said artwork when it surfaces.

What an upstanding member of our community. I'm so glad we amuse him.