Mostly the Mospeada

EXO

"Look at these heads Tommy designed? Aren't they awesome? They're sculpted exclusively out of win! They're so perfect it hurts." :rolleyes:

Screw this "exclusive" head BS. I want something that looks like the cartoon I watched, not this "updated" Yune-ified garbage. Can't HG and all ancillary licencees learn to just leave well enough alone?

Can you post some screen caps of how the green, red, and Shadow Beta battloid heads looked in the anime?

Can you post some screen caps of how the green, red, and Shadow Beta battloid heads looked in the anime?

try again... he was talking about the Beagle Mospeada head. The Robotech Version is based on the updated look according to the video.

I don't get it? What's this Tommy Tune head everyone is talking about? I don't want to see a Korean guy, who writes back Robotech sequels, with wavy hair in my ride armor.

And the Beagle Ride armor IS the Masterpiece from Toynami?

Someone fill me in. I'm getting mixed signals here. I can't tell if it's a joke or not.

There's no joke here. Tommy Yune is the guy who does most the art for Harmony Gold these days in relation to Robotech. He has his own style. Toynami said a long time ago that they may scrap doing their own Masterpiece Cyclone in favor of bringing another company's version (from Japan) to the states instead. Toynami has announced that is exactly what's going to happen, they're going to repackage the Beagle Ride Armor as a Masterpiece Ride Armor here in the states. Rather than simply repackaging it though, they're also going to include an exclusive head. Look at the pictures on the previous page, you can see the heads are slightly different.

There's no joke here. Tommy Yune is the guy who does most the art for Harmony Gold these days in relation to Robotech. He has his own style. Toynami said a long time ago that they may scrap doing their own Masterpiece Cyclone in favor of bringing another company's version (from Japan) to the states instead. Toynami has announced that is exactly what's going to happen, they're going to repackage the Beagle Ride Armor as a Masterpiece Ride Armor here in the states. Rather than simply repackaging it though, they're also going to include an exclusive head. Look at the pictures on the previous page, you can see the heads are slightly different.

I'm down with whatever Tommy is involved with. I met this guy only once...but I must say....he is TOP NOTCH!

:ph34r:

EDIT----> I understand that this may have nothing to do with what has been said recently...but you know me....I'm a postaholic.

Edited by misterryno

Jenius,

Thanks for the info. I did see that picture on the previous page, but I didn't even notice they were slightly different. Hmmm.... the heads don't look too different to warrant me to buy the Beagle over Toynami's version of the Beagle....

Either way, if I want some good head, I still have my MH's.

If I want a cool Mospeada Key chain, I can still get a CM.

=)

Edited by fifbeat

I'm down with whatever Tommy is involved with. I met this guy only once...but I must say....he is TOP NOTCH!

I almost met him once. But I didn't feel like waiting in line for an hour to get a signed SHADOW CHRONICLES poster. I wanted to go home and sleep.

I don't like what he did with Robotech/Mospeada with Robotech: TSC. It's so tacky. Bad Korean animation. Wack cgi. Dull story. Total wannabe stuff. He's just making the "Robotech" name worse. I can't believe there are some people out there who actually like Robotech: TSC.

I'm sure he's a cool guy to eat a burger with. But his art stinks. He's obviously a very good business man though.

Edited by fifbeat

I almost met him once. But I didn't feel like waiting in line for an hour to get a signed SHADOW CHRONICLES poster. I wanted to go home and sleep.

I don't like what he did with Robotech/Mospeada with Robotech: TSC. It's so tacky. Bad Korean animation. Wack cgi. Dull story. Total wannabe stuff. He's just making the "Robotech" name worse. I can't believe there are some people out there who actually like Robotech: TSC.

I'm sure he's a cool guy to eat a burger with. But his art stinks. He's obviously a very good business man though.

WOW! Opinions opinions opinions....It's all good though. My momma always said..."Opinions are like a$$holes....everybody has one....and they all stink" I LOVE THAT LINE! I appreciate hearing what others have to say and I never take it to heart.

=)

I'm glad you did not get mad over what I just posted.....to many people would get upset because I think differently than them and I see you are not like that and that's good.

If the SOC thing works out, it would be great if it means lower prices. Hope the best for the Bandai - Toynami deal.

New heads on the Betas is fantastic idea; wish CM had done it on theirs. On battroid, the Toynami looses completely in my book to the CM. That big fat cockpit in the chest and the extra boxy design don't appeal to me.

Now the link up mode wins over the CM, probably cause the connection doesn't look so incredibly half assed like in the CM and the bigger Beta ads more bulk to the combo.

Sad thing is that after experiencing the Aoshima Legioss I'll pass on getting a red Beta like I was planning to.

People are sooooo right about the Aoshima's being crap: my red Legios looked like superglue was smuched on the surface and had the radar missing. Saddest part is that I got it for cheap and still felt ripped off while the CM combo’s are expensive and I have no regrets in getting them. The design isn't much different than the CM Legioss in fighter mode, the gap is gone and things lock on but you hardly notice these things and diecast doesn't say anything to me. I’ll dump it on Ebay soon.

Don’t know if holding the Toynami version would change my mind; maybe I could still half ass it and stick a Beta to one of my CM legioss to leave displayed in combo mode.

I don't care that they invented head sculpts for unseen mecha, especially since I won't be getting these either way. I just can't stomach somebody overselling his own product like that. You'd think we'd get the point that he's pleased with the results the first three times he says it, but he just keeps plowing on obliviously about how great he thinks they are. But then again that's always been the Toynami way of doing things.

Incidentally, did anyone else notice how coy Sohn was in the video about the Beta connection? From the sounds of it, it'll look good on display, but will NOT be play-worthy.

The Dark Tlead's head isn't any different even given what little of it we see. Changing the heads to match their Legiosses seems inconsistent. The blue's head isn't a whole lot like the blue Legioss's head. The only thing they have in common is yellow eyes.

post-1819-1217553468_thumb.jpg

I just can't stomach somebody overselling his own product like that. You'd think we'd get the point that he's pleased with the results the first three times he says it, but he just keeps plowing on obliviously about how great he thinks they are.

I agree. Having enthusiasm for the products your company makes is dumb.

Changing the heads to match their Legiosses seems inconsistent.

Even if you think it's inconsistent, it sure isn't boring and predictable. Because that's the way it would be if the heads were the same between all four colors.

Do the different style heads really change the design so much to the point where this is undesirable? Honest opinions, here.

try again... he was talking about the Beagle Mospeada head. The Robotech Version is based on the updated look according to the video.

I think perhaps it is you who should try again, my friend. The quote he provided is clearly from the part of the video where the Toynami rep is gushing about the new Tread heads.

(as for the actual topic.. I'm a little undecided on those new heads, not sure if I like them or not. I guess it's probably smart for them to try to find a way to distinguish themselves from the CM's product. If *I* were running toynami, I would have canceled the Tread and made Inbit toys instead. But that's me)

Edited by Shaggydog

I think the Tlead's regular turtle like head is a key part of it's aesthetic. The new heads kinda ruin the little thing where the head sorta hides in the top of the bomber mode because now crap sticks out. Especially on the Green and Black one. Plus the little red eye ruins the turtle look. Plus this smacks of more YF-1R style bullshit and we can't have that.

Incidentally, did anyone else notice how coy Sohn was in the video about the Beta connection? From the sounds of it, it'll look good on display, but will NOT be play-worthy.

Does lineart exist of the two connecting together? It was always so mysterious how these two things linked up to me.

I wish they had a hands-on demonstration of the beta being transformed and linked up.

Anyway: toynami, just bring over the cms version as a "toy" (not under masterpiece collection title) for mospeada fans outside of japan. It's not going to compete with the robotech versions because everyone who ever wanted a robotech alpha bought it already and it's not as if the beta will ever come out. Come on already. It's been yeeeeaaarrs.

I remember ages ago on the forums they said: "Buy an alpha to get a beta" Then when everyone bought one, the beta still never came out. lol "Coming soon!" my ass.

About the heads:

Fifibeat:

There are new heads for the treads.(noncanon? don't know and don't care)

and there are exclusive "more realistic" head for the beagle ride armor.

In the video, the "head on a stick" you can see is the exclusive us version for beagle ride armor. I don't think it's crap or anything, but it would be cool if they just let us have it "free" packaged with the normal manga head.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I assumed that much from the start. Despite what George Sohn says, it's obvious that the Alpha was never meant to connect to a Beta. It's too heavy and lacks connecting ports. As it is I'm surprised they actually made a Beta that can connect with the Alpha if a bit precariously. It's a shame. Still, I'll put my money in a Beta or two (if they're ever get released) instead of the CM's version, as I wait for another company to commit to a more serious Alpha/Beta linkup.

Does lineart exist of the two connecting together? It was always so mysterious how these two things linked up to me.

I think a bunch of lineart pics of the fighter linkup were posted way back on the original CMs Tread thread. But actual diagrams of the linkup in process? Haven't really seen 'em.

Anyway: toynami, just bring over the cms version as a "toy" (not under masterpiece collection title) for mospeada fans outside of japan. It's not going to compete with the robotech versions because everyone who ever wanted a robotech alpha bought it already and it's not as if the beta will ever come out. Come on already. It's been yeeeeaaarrs.

Let me put this mildly........HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fighter linkup is the one thing where the CMs version fails miserably. I think most people will agree that the circular chest pieces of the Beta are supposed to sit flush inside the arm thrusters of the Alpha.

Also, the linkup is supposed to look flush, like it's one solid fighter; not the split level abomination that we got in the CMs version.

This and the more lineart accurate/boxey look of the Toynami Beta are what I've been itching for. Yeah, I'm all too familiar with Toynami's terrible reputation. But on looks alone, I personally prefer Toynami's version over CMs offerring.

And deep down, Toynami knows their New Gen MPC's are incomplete. Without Rand and his Beta, the stupid picture on their MPC bookcase spines is incomplete and unbalanced. Since they like to focus on rubber tires and "forever mint" bookcases, finish your picture Toynami!!!! Build a solid, ratchet-jointed Beta, and package it in a nice little bookcase so you can finally finish off your little New Gen. picture. <_<

Edited by Mog

Anyway: toynami, just bring over the cms version as a "toy" (not under masterpiece collection title) for mospeada fans outside of japan.

That's a great idea. I have the blue one but I'd buy the rest of them if Toynami brought them over and offered them for a more affordable price. :)

My (stinking) opinion (misterryno - i love that line lol~~) is that i think its a good idea for Toynami to have different heads for Tleads/Betas, at least they have some creativity there and not just a color rehash. shows that they really put some ideas and effort into the betas. we dont have original n official designs of the other Tlead heads, so i think its a great idea, and since (as much as i hate to say it) his new heads are new RT designs shown in his new work (not sure about this), i guess it's justified.

although i dont see the original blue tlead head as something similar to the blue legioss, why would green, red, dark tleads/betas' heads look like the respective alphas'?

more importantly, i hope they put much more effort in the QC.

and hope to see a alpha+beta set. (with corrected QC problems in alpha too) <_<

as for CMS, the QC is good. i like their legioss/tlead, but would've loved it if they stick more closely to the original design. too much creativity here :p and all in the wrong places >.<

Edited by Shun

Even if you think it's inconsistent, it sure isn't boring and predictable. Because that's the way it would be if the heads were the same between all four colors.

Do the different style heads really change the design so much to the point where this is undesirable? Honest opinions, here.

IMO, no.

actually, i would imagine that having 4 different heads would entice more people to buy the same toy over and over again, much like the VF-1A/J/S.

if they kept them all the same, i think the majority of people would just buy one(unless its totally awesome which i highly doubt) and be done with it. by having 4 different heads, its no longer just a simple repaint and in someway, its forces the collectors out there to get them all.

sure, macross toys are about accuracy but life is about variety. :)

HLJ went from August to Future Release.

I got this from Overdrive.com web mail:

------------------------------------------------------------

First about the Mospeada - 1/15 VR-41H Blowsperior Ride Armor (Yellow Belmont Version)

that was supposed to be released in late July. It has been pushed back

until mid Augest.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Also, the linkup is supposed to look flush, like it's one solid fighter; not the split level abomination that we got in the CMs version."

CM's are not as awful as you make them sound they are great toys in my eyes. The link up is not so great but you can work around it, the only real issues is the price and if they could be sold for a lesser price, I would buy many. I already have the red and blue :lol:

Edited by will74

I won't be able to get the dark legios. Already ordered a red.

And to the guy responding to my post saying that they like the masterpiece alpha and beta better, that's cool.

Those are robotech toys. They are under the robotech masterpiece label.

These CMs brought over would be "Mospeada" toys for fans of mospeada outside japan..

Just like how you got the 1/100 valks as macross toys, and Robotech vf-1 MPC as robotech collectors items. You can have both.

Bringing over the CMs won't affect robotech alpha and beta MPC since these are for robotech fans.

And yeah the idea of beagle giving it a go and trying to make a legioss and tread sounds very appealing to me. Wonder if it will ever happen in future?