Macross variable fighter/mecha pose thread

I decided to go to the hobby shop to pic up just one more Micron marker to finish off the 1A I started. Since there were so many smudges I started to make it smuged all over and was going to make it a "weathered" VF-1A Hikky. But then I was like...well...if I pick up some Testors thinner will that get rid of the smudges very well. I figured no since they had had time to set but I (gladly) was wrong. It took the smudges off and left the panel lines lookin nice. So I finished panel lineing the valk and then since I am not going to add anymore decals/stickers to this valk I went ahead and masked the cockpit, heatshield and the "eye" lense and gave it a coat of Testors Dull Coat. I must say I think this turned out quite well. I will post some Battroid pics soon. Here are some fighter pics for now. ENJOY!

:ph34r:

I'm going to get the balls to do this to one of fighters one day...wait a sec...I already have a set! Awesome lines man! Never visioned that thing looking that sweet!

B))

OO

I'm going to get the balls to do this to one of fighters one day...wait a sec...I already have a set! Awesome lines man! Never visioned that thing looking that sweet!

B))

OO

THANKS! ^_^ Me either :blink: I'm VERY glad it turned out well. :D Commmonnnn you got balls on your chinny chin chin....that should be good enough right?!? :lol:

Edited by misterryno

Wanted to take a few pics in Battroid mode. It's been a while since I've pulled off the "Angel Pose" but I got that in there as well. ENJOY!!! :D

06-04-2008-001.jpg

06-04-2008-002.jpg

06-04-2008-003.jpg

06-04-2008-004.jpg

06-04-2008-005.jpg

06-04-2008-006.jpg

Don't ask.....too many Michael Jackson videos I guess :lol:

06-04-2008-007.jpg

lol, love the michael jackson pose. Quick, somebody do a stop motion of Thriller!

THANKS! ^_^

:lol: I would if I had the patience. I just don't though I tell ya.

lol "HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, HOAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!" :lol:

great poses man. 1/48 Hikky 1A rocks!

THANKS MATE! ^_^ Be ready for some Strike Hikky poses sometime within the next couple days.

Nice panel lining ... wish I had the confidence/nerve/guts to panel line one of my valks ....

THANKS! ^_^ It's not that hard.....unless you mess up and then have to correct the mistake. That is when it pisses you off <_< .

Just got my GBP today and man! It adds helluva weight!

YEAH IT DOES!!! It looks AWESOME! THANKS for sharing. I can wait to get one.....again <_< .

Wanted to take a few pics in Battroid mode. It's been a while since I've pulled off the "Angel Pose" but I got that in there as well. ENJOY!!! :D

06-04-2008-006.jpg

Ballchinian badness at its best! Looks like this guy is meditating on chopping through a ton of bricks...ninja style!

OO

Ballchinian badness at its best! Looks like this guy is meditating on chopping through a ton of bricks...ninja style!

OO

He's using a technique that Goku showed him. :lol: Then he's gonna chop through some Zentradi. I wish they had like 4 or 5 more hands with different poses, such as a "karate chop" hand, either in TV hands or DYRL hands or both.

OO

It reminds me of Neo near the end of the first Matrix movie during the fight with Agent Smith and friends :)

YES! I knew when I was posing him that the pose looked VERY familiar. That would explain it since I just watched the Matrix about a week ago. Must of still been stuck in my head. THANKS!

MaveRick,

Your pics are VERY IMPRESSIVE! THANKS for sharing those mate! WHat kind of camera are you using? I mean...your shots are just soooooo clear and smooth.

Wurz,

VERY NICE MATE! THANKS for sharing those with us. I can't wait to get a Stealth......again <_< . I did one of my best custom jobs on my old Super/Strike Stealth. I should have kept it.

hope you guys don't mind if i post more pics.. obviously i've got nothing else to do for today.. i might as well take the chance at playing at some of my stuff..

here's my own rendition of Kakizaki in mid-transformation..

2558258342_45e0eb5b89.jpg

2558258152_639d13ba70.jpg

2557434381_b764edccdb.jpg

2558257702_d06770a959.jpg

2557433957_d2b296817c.jpg

hope you guys don't mind if i post more pics.. obviously i've got nothing else to do for today.. i might as well take the chance at playing at some of my stuff..

here's my own rendition of Kakizaki in mid-transformation..

Totally cool! I have never tried a mid transformation pose. I may have to one day soon. Of course we don't mind the pics mate....that's what this thread is for. So we can droooooool over your astounding pics. Can you list off some sites that have given you some good info on picture taking? I mean...I'm good and all...but not that good. :p:D

is that an SV-51 stand painted white?

That's a Bandai Action Stand. YOu can find them for cheap on HLJ still......I think.

thanks guys.. i rarely get the free time to play with my stuff.. so i'm making the most out of it..

anyway.. here's what i did earlier right after i took my dinner... while watching Macross Frontier Episode 6, this scene and mecha is something i didn't expect to get into action.

2561152398_11b21615f1.jpg

i tried somehow to replicate the scene.. not perfectly copied, but i guess pwede na siguro XD

2560329947_ef5d10ae1d.jpg

more shots (second attempt at night photo shooting):

2561152952_2ab1e5a285.jpg

2560330855_c52ef37997.jpg

2561154182_558d295980.jpg