How you Californians handling the fire?

Vinny

Micronian Devil, I'm almost in the same area as you. I'm in Riverside, about 10 minutes away from the Waterman fire. Fires started last Tuesday and haven't stopped, its insane. Stepping outside, all you see is ash falling like snowflakes and the sunlight filtering through the smoke makes it look like a scene from Apocalypse Now...So crazy. Almost defeats the purpose of going outside to have a cigarette, I swear....

I saw this on the news over here...and it does look pretty bad. saw a bunch of houses gettin burned to the ground. I had no idea it was an arsen who had started this(since you guys are talkin about hope those low lives gettin caught). I hope those ppl get caught too...and if there was any justice, their houses would be set on fire, and they have to work the rest of their lives rebuilding those ppl who lost their homes...

I saw this on the news over here...and it does look pretty bad. saw a bunch of houses gettin burned to the ground. I had no idea it was an arsen who had started this(since you guys are talkin about hope those low lives gettin caught). I hope those ppl get caught too...and if there was any justice, their houses would be set on fire, and they have to work the rest of their lives rebuilding those ppl who lost their homes...

By over there, do you mean Shanghai? If so, I'm surprised it's getting that much coverage.

yup, at my dad's friends place, he gets taiwanese news channels...and on taiwanese news channels, you get nothing but the worst news around the world.

Hey Danny, it looks like it's getting worse... You want me to... um... "evacuate" your collection for you? Since you're there and I'm here???

:p

Micronian Devil, I'm almost in the same area as you. I'm in Riverside, about 10 minutes away from the Waterman fire. Fires started last Tuesday and haven't stopped, its insane. Stepping outside, all you see is ash falling like snowflakes and the sunlight filtering through the smoke makes it look like a scene from Apocalypse Now...So crazy. Almost defeats the purpose of going outside to have a cigarette, I swear....

LOL!!! Very true. I tried to go jogging about two hours ago, after running about two blocks, I had to stop. It seems to be clearing up a little, but the air is still very thick with smoke.

Anyways, it's nice to see people here on MW from the Inland Empire. A fellow Pomonian, I grew up in Pomona, and someone from Montclair. (I work in Montclair. The Montclair Plaza to be specific.) Riverside, I have a friend who lives in Riverside.

Just now these are getting semi back to normal here with my family

Both my Uncle and my brother were evacuated

The fire climbed up the mountain and burned down my Uncle's fence-but the firefighters saved their home (he lives in Scripps Ranch). They were able to go back to it last night.

My brother was in Santee-and the mountains surrounding his house were all burnt. Power was finally restored yesterday-so he's back too.

Thank god everyone made it through safely. I feel horrible for the familes that lost lives and property. It is an absolute disaster down here in San Diego.

Shawn

Vinny,

You live in Simi Valley? Is that the one in southern or northern California? I lived in the one in Southern California....I know this is kinda off track, but I haven't lived there in over 14 years...so I was just wondering how the place was.

Thanks

Larry

I'm not sure about you guys but the weather in the East Bay has been much cooler than yesterday. Let's hope that it helps slow the Firestorm down enough for the firefighters to help. :(

you know, even though this fire has got me depressed, its nice to see alot of you guys live like, right next to me. (Lassen +corbin). But yeah, seeing the porter ranch shopping center in relation to the smoke is kinda scary. Any updates on the valley? Hows porter ranch and chatsworth?

When the smoke clears, literally, I can't wait to see who in the Californian political community tries to explain why multiple C-130 fire-retardant capable planes, and marine helicopters were not allowed to help put out the fire when it was still young.... :unsure:

I'm in the one in Southern California, Larry ^_^

When the smoke clears, literally, I can't wait to see who in the Californian political community tries to explain why multiple C-130 fire-retardant capable planes, and marine helicopters were not allowed to help put out the fire when it was still young.... :unsure:

From what I have read, the state has to literally exhaust its resources before it can ask for help from the military, federal gov, etc.

So if political finger pointing starts up, I am going to be very disappointed. This was a criminal act (arson) from which no one could have predicted the extent of its size. So if anyone is pointing fingers, it should be at the damn arsonist who started the fires.