Star Wars toys

I have to imagine that it uses the same mechanism that those stupid brain wave video game controller companies were trying to sell last year. Those picked up muscle stimulus electical current in the body, so if you wink your eye or wiggle your eybrow it picks that up, but just thinking a direction didn't do crap.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok quick question, not so much about the toys but about a model and the canonicity of it. The new E-Wing kit being produced makes it look like the wings are suppossed to move, though none of the kits I have seen assembled so far have the wings movable. This particular kit by FM Model Company clearly has a hinge joint at the wing roots, and it makes the support strut that connects the wing to the fuselage appear to slide in order to make the wing rise. Now my question is, was this the original artists intention or strictly the idea of the model master? Personnally I like it, and it helps to fix some major issues I have always had with the E-Wing.

I haven't collected ne star wars figures for a long time since ROTS came out... Now i'm starting to get back into the figures again... I really like the new OTC and legacy figure lineup.

The clone wars figures are pretty good IMO. They are the best mold yet for the CG clone wars series. Probably gonna get one or two vehicles sets from the OTC lineup. The OTC 2006 dagobah x-wing looks really good but is no longer sold in stores (Have to order online). The OTC Tie fighter also looks very impressive, it's one of the few newer vehicles that is actually in correct scale regarding the figures.

I really want the warp drive accessory for the clone wars jedi starfighter, only recently has a revision with the drive been available.

ill have to post a pic of my collection,but i got over 100 figures/statues/fighters, master replicas vader force fx saber and boba fett helmet limited ed, and a few model ships.

hard to find room for it all sometimes. :ph34r:

So, they finally revealed pics of the much ballyhooed DSII (Death Star II) Luke, and I have to say: Lord Moggy is not impressed. <_<

Image Link 1

Image Link 2

The facial expression just really looks off. While, the rest of the body just looks like a marginal improvement over the TAC Jedi Luke released a few years back.

The Funeral Pyre Luke (from here) actually looks a lot more promising.

However, I'm just not feeling the placement of the ball-jointed torso on either of them; it just breaks up the look of the torso too much for my tastes. I would have preferred something lower like the joint they have on most Cobra Commanders.

Lastly, looks like I gotta wait until Summer 2010 for any KOTOR figures. :(

So, they finally revealed pics of the much ballyhooed DSII (Death Star II) Luke, and I have to say: Lord Moggy is not impressed. <_<

Image Link 1

Image Link 2

The facial expression just really looks off. While, the rest of the body just looks like a marginal improvement over the TAC Jedi Luke released a few years back.

However, I'm just not feeling the placement of the ball-jointed torso on either of them; it just breaks up the look of the torso too much for my tastes. I would have preferred something lower like the joint they have on most Cobra Commanders.

I totally agree with you. There is a place for the ball jointed torso, and this isn't one of them. The ball jointed torso looks good on clone troopers and other figures with armor. It does not look good with most regular clothed figures. Is it too much to ask for a regular ROTJ Luke with a soft goods cloak, blaster pistol, and lightsaber.

BTW, they made Sammy Davis Jr. into a Star Wars figure. :lol:

http://www.rebelscum.com/sdcc09/hasbro-sw/image76.asp

Edited by sharky

Image Link 1

Image Link 2

One word ... UGLY :angry: .

any one see the video of the gentle giants mini-busts ? they look awesome! and the concepts for the Revan bust is something im looking forward to and will definitely pick up. that and the Aasjj ventress Force FX saber.

It's about time Hasbro gets the headsculpt for Farmboy Luke right (seeing as they've botched him up with each new release these past few years).

We'll have to see though how the final product turns out before we can scratch another definitive Luke off the list.

Now, all Hasbro has to do is deliver a definitive Hoth Luke, Bespin Luke, and DSII Luke. Yeesh, with all the Luke variants they've made over the years, you'd think Hasbro would have a few go-to headsculpts/molds for Mark Hamill by now.

BTW, they made Sammy Davis Jr. into a Star Wars figure. :lol:

http://www.rebelscum.com/sdcc09/hasbro-sw/image76.asp

Do not mock the Ice Cream Maker Guy; many a hard-core SW geek will get mad at you! :lol:

Plus, he may become your next pegwarmer for the upcoming year. :blink:

No, no, no. We need them to focus on making KOTOR figures. With The Old Republic game coming out in the near future, it makes sense for Hasbro to revisit the characters from the old KOTOR games.

Bastila, Sith Troopers, and improved re-releases of Revan, Malak, and HK-47. . .am I asking for too much?

Geonosis Arena Showdown Sets

A SUPER ARTICULATED KIT FISTO! I've waited years for this! Also hoping Jango Fett doesn't have the arm wires near the elbow, they hinder elbow movement.

NEW BATTLE Packs!

New Star Wars Transformers

NEW Vehicles!

New Droid Factory sets

I want a well articulated grinning Kit Fisto. But maybe I'm in the minority on this.

Ah man, no bonus fig for the Target packs? Lame.

Are those Republic gunship gunners supposed to be attachable to the Gunship?

That Y-Wing is so awesome. I think its the best design/redesign/retro-redesign ever. I definately will be getting one of those!

Clone Trooper squad is pretty lame. What is that, a mousepad or something? Don't get me wrong, the Clone Wars Obi Won is the best Star Wars figure ever, its just that its a box of re-issues. K-Mart never gets any good exclusives.

Not so sure about the box on his chest (which they did so they could do both flap open and flap closed). Think I would have preferred a variant (I only really like flap closed I suppose). Still, probably the best DS2 duel Luke yet. Which isn't saying much considering the other attempts were pretty miserable.

Do not mock the Ice Cream Maker Guy; many a hard-core SW geek will get mad at you! :lol:

Plus, he may become your next pegwarmer for the upcoming year. :blink:

I'm not mocking. I'm just telling the truth. :lol: How can anyone see that figure and not think the same thing.

post-690-1249934788_thumb.jpgpost-690-1249934798_thumb.jpg