SF-3A Lancer II

cobywan

When I was doing this the first time, I was asked to do a cockpit. At the time I was adamant about sticking only to what was seen in line art and in the animation. That wasn't very much... I have since been enjoying John's interperetations of the Tactical Pods and Destroids. So for me the cockpit will be the biggest challenge. (Mainly in design not execution.) It would add to the final cost in the end though. And I would really have to consider what to do with the glazing.

I have to make changes. I "retired" the first version. I'v got a few ideas running through my head for it.

Oooh! Along with the cockpit, are there any landing gear references? That would be cool IMHO and then I would definitely need two! B))

I got an idea, what do you make a total custom two seater recon Lancer with set up that looks like a mini VE-1 or VEFR-1

Do not add a radar boom but make the exension of the boom longer and add the circle radar of the elint.

Add a few sensors, add some antennas make the front mount cannons smaller

Call it a RF-3E Wild Weasel Lancer

Hows that for a total custom lancer. If I had the talent to make something I would try it.

That sounds interesting Jorawar, I'd make the radar boom more oblong/oval shap instead of circle but the rest would be cool.

Here's my buildup for reference.

post-198-1201279818_thumb.jpg

post-198-1201279847_thumb.jpg

Edited by Grayson72

Oooh! Along with the cockpit, are there any landing gear references? That would be cool IMHO and then I would definitely need two! B))

I have to think that because these are space only, landing gear wouldn't exist on them. I imagine that they are hung from racks like Tie-Fighters in Star Wars. At the most they may have some kind of extending slabs that can be magnetized for storage and maintanance.

That design looks like it would suck to fly; "I can't see, the guns are too big and the muzzle flash is blinding." Then again, it's hard to miss your target with that big a shell. I always thought it was a drone too. - MT