Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

Accept that the Stick is already showing as "Discontinued". Out of production already? That is kind of worrying.

Karl

HLJ often shows "discontinued" to items when they actually are not. I do not know why they do that. I have seen items get discontinued status and then a week later be in stock. However they have displayed "discontinued" status to the YF-19 with fold booster set for several months now with no change.

Was just checking my preorders it say Future release for me.

Discontinued = future release? :huh:

I think it's their messed up order system, it has a few glitches when new stock arrives. My order for Stick now says 'Future Release' as well, it was 'Low Stock' about hour ago, which is what Ray is currently.

'Future Release' means they are ordering stock but are not sure when it will arrive. It does not mean it has been discontinued.

HLJ often shows "discontinued" to items when they actually are not. I do not know why they do that. I have seen items get discontinued status and then a week later be in stock. However they have displayed "discontinued" status to the YF-19 with fold booster set for several months now with no change.

I shall keep my fingers crossed then that it is just a bit of a glitch. I was just a bit concerned that the Ray was listed as "low stock" when I placed my order and the Stick was discontinued.

I've got the Ray on order now anyway(with a Revoltech Ingram to keep him company as he on't no be travelling with Stick.) I shall give it a few days and see what happens regarding the Stick I guess.

Karl

I think it's their messed up order system, it has a few glitches when new stock arrives. My order for Stick now says 'Future Release' as well, it was 'Low Stock' about hour ago, which is what Ray is currently.

'Future Release' means they are ordering stock but are not sure when it will arrive. It does not mean it has been discontinued.

That's what i thought. ^_^ It kinda screws ppl who wants to order them now.

Ray was showing as low stock at HLJ so I requested shipment, fingers crossed.

HLJ is usually really good about making sure that they have enough for people who pre-ordered. They usually have some for people who pre-ordered even when the item already says backordered or out of stock.

Im hoping Toy-wave will get these in. Then i think Ill try Rey and see what I think. If I only get one, then so be it. If i like it enough Ill grab the rest.

the piece left over is annoying. Are we sure that's the case, i dont remember noticing it on the video transform?

Ok, between that and the one new pic Alex posted, I'm confused. Can the MH stand on its own or not?

Nah. Mine was stood up against the white backboard and that one in those other photos is clearly being supported by the clear inner-tray.

Scream,

Yeah that stut piece totally must be left over. On the vid. it pretty much just showed the person doing the transformation took it and put it out of camera view. Aboot the standing on it's own part......the vid shows that it can stand on it's own.....so should'nt it be able to???

:ph34r:

Scream,

Yeah that stut piece totally must be left over. On the vid. it pretty much just showed the person doing the transformation took it and put it out of camera view. Aboot the standing on it's own part......the vid shows that it can stand on it's own.....so should'nt it be able to???

means

The fork CAN actually be reconnected but it means that you have them sticking up and swept back behind the figure's head. Looks ok but not great.

And it can stand on its own in the vid? Haven't seen it yet but I can't for the life of me get mine to stand in the armour. The leg joints are nice and tight but it simply can't do it. The feet actually click forward a couple millimeters to help aid in the balance (theoretically) but to no avail. Wonder if mine is just crappy. Good thing i'm getting the Stick sometime this week.

Edited by Alex

The fork CAN actually be reconnected but it means that you have them sticking up and swept back behind the figure's head. Looks ok but not great.

And it can stand on its own in the vid? Haven't seen it yet but I can't for the life of me get mine to stand in the armour. The leg joints are nice and tight but it simply can't do it. The feet actually click forward a couple millimeters to help aid in the balance (theoretically) but to no avail. Wonder if mine is just crappy. Good thing i'm getting the Stick sometime this week.

Hmmmmmm.....well I grabbed the video for ya........it needs to be reposted anyways to keep building the hype that the MH needs to sell sell sell........

VIDEO

In the vid it seems that the lower portion of the legs pull down slightly as well. You tell me.

Hmmmmmm.....well I grabbed the video for ya........it needs to be reposted anyways to keep building the hype that the MH needs to sell sell sell........

VIDEO

LOL, the sound effects in the video were cool, he should have screamed when his head was popped off.

I'm reaaaalllllly looking forward to these now!

Oh, yeah, forgot to add that in my review. Yeah, the lower portion of the legs pulls down and extend ever so slightly to reveal the yellow bits just below the knees. Seems a bit pointless. i just leave them that way to give more height to the figure.

If anyone has any questions about the transformation etc, please ask.

Edited by Alex

So wait, the struts DO reconnect, it's just that u didnt like how they look? Coz that's differentt o them having no place....

:rolleyes: I guess you're right. But it's unofficial and I only just realised it last night hence posting about it today.

Ok, so the front forks can be reconnected to the Ride armor everyone. But it sits right behind the head and sticks straight up. Looks a little weird though. Especially if you want it to look like the line art.

HLJ is usually really good about making sure that they have enough for people who pre-ordered. They usually have some for people who pre-ordered even when the item already says backordered or out of stock.

that's not true. I've ever pre-ordered something and ended up not getting it. the trick is NOT to have any other items on order or it will screw up your pre-order.

As for stock status becoming backordered or out of stock, it always happen when the item just arrived - perhaps they have too many people ordering and they have to temporarily stop the orders from coming in? However, this is really bad because we won't know for sure if they do have enough stock for us.

good luck. (luckily i dont get mospeada from them :p)

Why the hell would anyone want to reconnect the struts to the ride armor in the first place? In the anime they completely disappear during the transformation, so what are you gaining by doing this?

Exactly. It connects but it just looks stoo-peed.

Why the hell would anyone want to reconnect the struts to the ride armor in the first place? In the anime they completely disappear during the transformation, so what are you gaining by doing this?

It's just that some ppl don't like left over parts that can get lost. I can understand that. I'll try to snap the struts back and if I don't like it I might try and store them somewhere in the bike. In a Mospeada doujin posted in these forums a while back, the artist came up with a very interesting solution: the front shocks stay connected to the arm armor and the main body running along the the pilot's arm, giving him extra strength on the arms, like a powered armor. It looks pretty cool, maybe the MH Ride Armor can be customized to do that also.

post-1636-1204437048_thumb.png

post-1636-1204437150_thumb.png

post-1636-1204437412_thumb.png

The Ride Armor is supposed to be a Power Armor and the struts are supposed to work as depicted. The guantlets would be very heavy so the suit uses the struts in someway to help support the weight.

the front shocks stay connected to the arm armor and the main body running along the the pilot's arm, giving him extra strength on the arms, like a powered armor. It looks pretty cool, maybe the MH Ride Armor can be customized to do that also.

I thought that was featured in the original mospeada line art, its just that the animators never bothered adding that detail.

Maybe the MH Ride Armor can be customized to do that also.

I'm already planning that. I have a way of doing it but won't try until I get one cheap at Mandarake or some place else.

that's not true. I've ever pre-ordered something and ended up not getting it. the trick is NOT to have any other items on order or it will screw up your pre-order.

As for stock status becoming backordered or out of stock, it always happen when the item just arrived - perhaps they have too many people ordering and they have to temporarily stop the orders from coming in? However, this is really bad because we won't know for sure if they do have enough stock for us.

good luck. (luckily i dont get mospeada from them :p)

My understanding of the HLJ system is that you have 14 days to claim that pre-order once the product arrives before they sell it to someone else. I might be wrong on that though.

As the person that pointed it out, yes... the struts are suppose to connect. It wasn't made up by the people that put out that doujinshi but by the artist at Artmic themselves. That's right I'm taking credit! lol

so both ways are correct...

ra-cutaway.jpg

Yeah that's all well and good, except for the immutable fact that:

In the anime they completely disappear during the transformation

Maybe Artmic had something else in mind when they designed the Ride Armor, but the show is pretty clear on this. Hell, even the transformation line art shows the forearm armor just sort of....appearing on the riders arms, by sheer force of will.

And people who are worried about losing parts for their toys need to pick their stuff up off the carpet before mommy vacuums. You've been told I don't know how many times about this, don't make me say it again.

My understanding of the HLJ system is that you have 14 days to claim that pre-order once the product arrives before they sell it to someone else. I might be wrong on that though.

Nope they dont work that way. if there was a 14days claim, i would've received my item since i email them almost immediately within 2-3days or even just after 1 day. and nope, i didn't get my preorder and it went out of stock immediately :)

example: say i pre-ordered 2 items in one order, and one of them arrived. if you ordered that newly-arrived item at this time and there's not enough stock for both of us, the item will be mailed to u bypassing my pre-order, so that hlj can get their $$ first. They don't care if i pre-ordered 10months ago, they only want to get their $$ asap. My pre-orders have been screwed for more than once, and i learnt it the hard way - preorders at HLJ don't guarantee u anything at all.

i think the best way is to preorder 1 item at a time (i.e. make sure u have separate order numbers) AND chose 'ship immediately'. of course, u might end up having to pay more shipping for your separate packages. but still take note that their idea of a 'pre-order' is no guarantee for u to get your item, no matter how early u pre-ordered. The ordering system at hlj is "confusing" to quote directly from the hlj staff themselves. :rolleyes:

u can try that for chance, or preorder from other stores that treats preorders and queue numbers like how we normally perceive them to be. :)

Edited by Shun