Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

In case anyone else isn't clear, before NY Toy Fare things looked like this:

1) CMs 1/18 Ride Armor Release in February

2) MH 1/15 Ride Armor Release in late Feb, Early March

3) Beagle 1/10 Ride Armor release in Q4

4) Toynami 1/12 Ride Armor release in Q4 (I might be screwing up the scale on these last two)

After NY Toy Fare the situation is this:

1) CMs 1/18 Ride Armor released in February

2) MH 1/15 Ride Armor release expected in MAR in both Japan (through Mega House) and internationally (through Toynami)

3) Beagle OR Toynami Ride Armor release in Q4 in both Japan (through Beagle) and internationally (through Toynami)

Any word on PRICING of the Toynami MH release or when they will be released Stateside? I still plan to stick with my pre-order from HLJ, but I'm curious to know what Toynami is doing.

Any word on PRICING of the Toynami MH release or when they will be released Stateside? I still plan to stick with my pre-order from HLJ, but I'm curious to know what Toynami is doing.

The comment from collectiondx on that same article states the guy thinks he remembered hearing the $50 mark.

Is that English packaging? I see some Japanese writing on it and was under the impression it was just the Japanese box with a Toynami sticker slapped on it.

No, sorry, I mixed myself up (didn't re-read the article befoire I posted it).

That is the Jpanese packaging, all the japanese text is very small on it however, which is why on looking again I thought it was the English box.

To be honest, I don't care what langauage is on the box or what country it comes from.

To be honest, I don't care what langauage is on the box or what country it comes from.

As long as the outcome of the product is FABULOUS!!! :D And not $hitty. <_<

:ph34r:

I'm quite happy that Toynami is going to handle international distribution of the MH Ride Armors under their Robotech license. From everything I've read thus far, MegaHouse did the design and engineering, and any pre-production changes, and will be responsible for manufacturing. Therefore, Toynami's involvement means a win/win for the consumer: somewhat cheaper MSRP and lower shipping costs ($15.00 - $25.00 savings to the consumer), the possibility of included sticker on all the units sold under their name... if they insist on having those as standard (I'm hoping anyway), the possibility of the mail-in accessories being offered through them as well (again just hoping), and last but not least... product support in case you get a dud*.

As far as the large scale Beagle/Toynami MPC, the possible outcome is a lot murkier, and far less confidence inspiring. In my experience (none), Beagle is a completely unknown quantity in the field of transformable toys, but their CAD render looked very promising; Toynami's design/engineering and manufacturing record is a VERY known quantity that inspires dread in the heart of every serious collector. If all Toynami does in regards to any aspect of the production of the MPC Cyclone is to ask for Beagle's engineers to beef up the calves a bit to improve the proportions a little, then there is hope for a good product at domestic (US) prices, and, again, product support. If, on the other hand, they feel compelled to muck up with Beagle's engineering, or insist that their version be the one to see production, and at their manufacturing plant, then things become a lot more troublesome.

Time will tell.

* As Jenius has stated before, a 1/15 dud, even in a Toynami box, as long as Toynami is only doing repackaging, would be entirely MegaHouse's fault.

Edited by mechaninac

I wouldn't count on Toynami for customer support in the event of a dud. I contacted them twice about my bad Legioss and never heard back from them. I know some people have gotten help from Toynami, and I also know others haven't. I get the impression that their service is as much of a crap-shoot as their product.

What I DO count on though is BBTS. Any Toynami product I buy from now on will only be through them because it's basically 100% insured.

What I DO count on though is BBTS. Any Toynami product I buy from now on will only be through them because it's basically 100% insured.

Good plan...I have used them before and only "exchanged" one item...can you keep exchanging till you get one that is not broken???

:ph34r:

I wouldn't count on Toynami for customer support in the event of a dud. I contacted them twice about my bad Legioss and never heard back from them

Toynami considers the Aoshima Legioss an Aoshima product if I'm not mistaken. I imagine if they did contact you they would tell you to contact Aoshima and Aoshima would tell you you're out of luck if you're outside of Japan. I have had MANY interactions with Toynami 'cause I have gotten MANY bum MPCs and Toynami replaced them all quickly for me. From what I understand their service did diminsh though. My MPCs had turn around times from 2 to 5 weeks but I've heard about people waiting much longer for Toynami to issue replacements. I think people were waiting 8 weeks + to get replacement cups for their 1/100 stands.

EDIT - Not trying to defend Toynami's stance on the Aoshima here, just letting you know what I think is their reasoning behind not servicing it. As far as I know, the Aoshima Legioss is a Japanese product that is imported to the US by individuals in much the way Yamato products are. This wouldn't be the same as the Mega House product where I imagine Toynami would act as a distributor and thus be on the hook for servicing the item.

Edited by jenius

I wouldn't count on Toynami for customer support in the event of a dud. I contacted them twice about my bad Legioss and never heard back from them. I know some people have gotten help from Toynami, and I also know others haven't. I get the impression that their service is as much of a crap-shoot as their product.

I had:

1xblue alpha (bad glue, broke appart)

1xblue alpha (broken hand)

1xgreen alpha (arm broken)

1xgreen alpha (broken hand)

1xred alpha (broken hand).

I have send 3 emails to toynami about this and never heard from them.

I really wanted these alpha's becouse i loved the show as a kid, but i am never spending money on a toynami product again.

They just left me hanging...the alpha's kost almost twice the amount in the Netherlands as in the states.

People defending toynami have definitely not had my experience with them.

Toynami considers the Aoshima Legioss an Aoshima product if I'm not mistaken. I imagine if they did contact you they would tell you to contact Aoshima and Aoshima would tell you you're out of luck if you're outside of Japan. I have had MANY interactions with Toynami 'cause I have gotten MANY bum MPCs and Toynami replaced them all quickly for me. From what I understand their service did diminsh though. My MPCs had turn around times from 2 to 5 weeks but I've heard about people waiting much longer for Toynami to issue replacements. I think people were waiting 8 weeks + to get replacement cups for their 1/100 stands.

EDIT - Not trying to defend Toynami's stance on the Aoshima here, just letting you know what I think is their reasoning behind not servicing it. As far as I know, the Aoshima Legioss is a Japanese product that is imported to the US by individuals in much the way Yamato products are. This wouldn't be the same as the Mega House product where I imagine Toynami would act as a distributor and thus be on the hook for servicing the item.

As a responsible company they should have, at the VERY least, responded to my emails telling me that they couldn't help. Just ignoring someone because you aren't willing to stand behind what is essentially your own product is pretty much the worst thing to do. I'm also not trying to bash Toynami because I HAVE had good customer service from them before. When the connecting joint on the 1/100 stand broke I emailed Toynami and they were quick to respond and quick to send out a new piece (two of them in fact). However, if you read through the 1/100 threads there are several people who NEVER heard back from Toynami regarding the very same issue. So like I said before, Toynami's customer service is as inconsistant as their toys. It's an unfortunate truth, but a truth nonetheless.

Oh I definitely agree, they definitely should have responded to at least let you know their stance on the matter. Customer service should be a fairly simple thing, I did it for a bit back in my dotcom days (although there certainly are an amazingly high number of people in this world who seem to get no greater entertainment than by harrassing customer service reps). Toynami doesn't get off the hook like Yamato does with the whole "We don't speak English" bit. If I were looking at them from a business perspective, I suspect they hire a bunch of CSR mules when they release products and then lay them off after the initial hot streak of sold/returned items. I had all my experience when toys were new releases. Again, not defending the practice.

Yamato is pretty quick to answer when it's stuff they can support like the Garland. I guess Toynami sends replacement parts pretty quick too. But hey... what was the reason Yamato can't support US customers again? [Church Lady] Could it be... Toynami/HG?[/Church Lady]

If memory serves HG wanted to release Yamato (and other manufacturer) products in the US and collect a licensing fee. BW/SN stepped in and said that any company that deals with HG/Tatsunoko will lose the rights to do business in Japan. So, this is the tale of two or more greedy companies, not just one.

Poseable Ariel. specially if you can swap heads with Houquet and give her Ride Armour! :D double W I N A G E.

Since Ariel doesn't get a ride armor, it'd be cool if they gave her a stand that resembled the locket that Stick carried around with him.

Since Ariel doesn't get a ride armor, it'd be cool if they gave her a stand that resembled the locket that Stick carried around with him.

Need more r/armour chick goodness, i know she doesn't get it in the show, but i've always fantasized about her donning the female type ride armour. Just love her character, her and Houquet. Now we seen Yellow's RArmour, expect tosee Houquets real soon! :)

Totally forgot about Yellow's R/Armour with the mini missiles, kick ass! I will be getting one.

I know other people want the scout r/armour chick (the reporter with the camera and bitchy attitude in the RT series)

but i'm not fond of her, may get her. Hope in the jap version she is more likeable....

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Need more r/armour chick goodness, i know she doesn't get it in the show, but i've always fantasized about her donning the female type ride armour. Just love her character, her and Houquet. Now we seen Yellow's RArmour, expect tosee Houquets real soon! :)

Yeah, we should totally build a toy line based on your fantasies... :lol:

How tall would be a Legioss for these figures? It would never occur to me to dream of a Legioss at this scale, but since the 1/6 Powerloader I think everything is possible. At least we should get the rest of the gang and an Inbit or two to flesh out the line. I really like these figures.

I think 1/18 is totally doable since they make toys of real jets at that scale. At 1/15, well the legioss IS a small plane... probably still doable, but being transformable, the price of both those scales would be out of this world.... excuse the pun.

You know, even if Toynami does "plan" to release these stateside, I'll gladly pay the $10 more to get mine now instead of never. I honestly doubt Toynami will ever release these stateside b/c hell, they can't even release their own products that have been completed for over a year (fast packs), so why/how would they justify doing this before they release those?