Terminator Salvation, colon, Really Long Movie Title

bsu legato

Yeah the T-RIP toy is pretty much junk. Soft plastic/rubber body, it's got decent articulation with 360 turn based shoulders, bending arms but not wrists, ankles move 360 degrees, knees bend, rotating waist and a poorly rotatable head that's VERY limited and will just move back to high front position with piss poor light piping. This one figure alone kind of put me off from buying anymore figures.

I just picked up the T:Salvation book...hopefully read it a little later since I passed on Transformers 2....paying 8 bucks for a book is just so much...I miss the days when they were like 3-5 dollars : /

Read the prolouge and first chapter, good stuff, it starts with a bang litterally. A small marine group doing a drug bust exercise with another group of mexican squad. Then the bombs fall, first Sand Deigo, then lesser cities with no military bases going skyhigh, and they decide to take their leave and figure out what's going on.

First chapter is John coming back from a mission to a makeshift bunker him and his small army are hiding out in. He talks with Kate for a short time before he hears something strange. He checks it out his guard and finds one of his men dead, shot by a sniper round of some sort.

John and Barnes see 8 T-600's starting to make their way towards their base, they'd been found, T-1's would probably show up shortly. Barnes holds off some of the T-600's as John wakes up the rest of his team to escape.

That was pretty much the first chapter, nearly 30 pages. Not too bad at all.

The book's not bad. A nice set up and lead in for the movie, more or less a "hey, these are who these characters are" kind of thing.

Yeah I'm liking the book so far. I'm well over half way done with it which has seemed to of shocked a few of the guys I work with that 1) I read books and not just comics, and 2) I'd be so far into a 300+ page novel in 2 and a half days.

So yeah I'm enjoying the book and it's gotten a lot of my attention. I read it when I got nothing going on (which is often) and at lunch. I'm at Chapter 12 now and was kind of surprised how lucky Kyle really was with the T-600.

Finished the novel...I would recommend it for anyone that wants just a little more knowledge before seeing the movie in 20 days.

Now I gotta find something else to do...only took me 4 days to read thru it, that's a record for me.

Wow, thanks. I'd pretty much given up hope. I have the Terminator: Salvation T:R-I-P and I just wish it had a real plasma rifle and not some dorky pistol and a pipe. I have the new NECA waves on pre-order over at bbts, so hopefully they do indeed include the endoskeleton. I even read somewhere that NECA has said that the head sculpt on the endoskeleton will be re-tooled. One can hope. :(

Looks like the newest wave of NECA terminator figures WILL have the endo. Toys R Us has it on pre-order. I assume they will stock it in their stores as well.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3549569

oh eem gee...are the effin serious...hahahahahahahahaha!!1!! Asylum must employ the most un-original writers in the biz. Every movie of theres is an attempt at a quick grab at the hype train the hollywood blockbusters create.

Alien versus hunter,the day the earth stopped,Death-racers,...18 year old virgin..wtf title is that??

makes my eyes bleed :rolleyes:

No need to worry anymore, as The Asylum has pulled The Terminators off their catalog. Looks like they've thankfully been legally threatened. Again.

Hey guys, any comments on this NECA 18" one?

it's impressive alright, but it's kinda ridiculously prone to toppling over.

it's not really because it's top-heavy, the feet don't have enough surface area & traction to keep it standing.

it stands upright just fine, but start with any other stance, & it starts doing a split right away & topples over, & the articulation in the toes doesn't help.

also, the lights in the eyes shine out through the rest of the eyeball sockets & at the base of the skull. i had to break it apart & paint a couple of areas to reduce the "bleed".

think of it as a giant version of the 6" one, except the flaws are less noticeable on the 6" version

other than that, the paint's pretty good, the plasma rifle is highly detailed, correctly proportioned & decently painted.

the upper body articulation & details are great too, the shoulders even have ratcheting joints.

hope that helps :)

No need to worry anymore, as The Asylum has pulled The Terminators off their catalog. Looks like they've thankfully been legally threatened. Again.

There's like 10 copies of it over at my local hollywood video. That was back on Monday and I looked almost wanting to laugh my ass off. I'll maybe check today and see if they still got it on their rental shelves or if they pulled it off if there is legal problems.

Speaking of which, I think it's a bit TOO coincidential that TWO movies are being made - one titled "Terminator: Salvation" and the other "The Terminators" when I'm just now completing writing my romantic love novel - Terminator Sock Puppet. I have spent the better part of my life writing this book in my mother's basement - and now it turns out that despite all my attempts at keeping this gem under wraps - people are pouncing to profit on its' popularity BEFORE it has become known to the world.

Dag

Pete

it's impressive alright, but it's kinda ridiculously prone to toppling over.

it's not really because it's top-heavy, the feet don't have enough surface area & traction to keep it standing.

it stands upright just fine, but start with any other stance, & it starts doing a split right away & topples over, & the articulation in the toes doesn't help.

also, the lights in the eyes shine out through the rest of the eyeball sockets & at the base of the skull. i had to break it apart & paint a couple of areas to reduce the "bleed".

think of it as a giant version of the 6" one, except the flaws are less noticeable on the 6" version

other than that, the paint's pretty good, the plasma rifle is highly detailed, correctly proportioned & decently painted.

the upper body articulation & details are great too, the shoulders even have ratcheting joints.

hope that helps :)

Thanks for the feedback though I went ahead and bought it just now :lol:. The flaws are as you said with the toes....which are strangely artiiculated but doesn't do much. I'm not sure if it can crouch cause the leg doesn't seem to be able to do a 90 degrees at the thighs. Abit annoyed that the jaw doesn't remain shut...so i just used the transparent rubberband that the toy came with. Lower Jaw also is not aligned properly with the upper jaw. The left eye socket seems to have a lot of empty space and not as nicely moulded as the right eye socket.

But otherwise quite a good rendition of the T-800 despite its flaws. The light up eyes really gives it a menacing feel. The pistons and certain parts move when the limbs move.

Thanks for the feedback though I went ahead and bought it just now :lol:.

cool ^_^

after being reminded of some of the flaws, i kinda feel like making improvements to some areas.

But otherwise quite a good rendition of the T-800 despite its flaws. The light up eyes really gives it a menacing feel. The pistons and certain parts move when the limbs move.

yup, i think those are the best feature too. though i think the pistons behind the knees look goofy sometimes with the bendy plastic. :lol:

Anyone else read up that the T-800 is being inducted into the official Robot hall of fame next to the iRamba bots? :p

It's said to serve as a reminder that it's possible one day, the machines we create could turn on us.

I was reading one of those 'making of' books on this movie today and they say they hope to break new digital FX ground with the final battle of the movie which will be John Connor and the good cyborg guy against a photo-realistic digital recreation of a person from 25 years ago. Which pretty much tells you it is a Schwarzenegger T-800. And I think that's F'n awesome!!!!

There was a really quick shot of a Terminator all skinned up that was grabbing one of the T-600's mini guns, so my suspicion is that they might have a Model 101 cyborg appear for sure.

I saw that when I was at the Star Trek movie today for mother sday with of course, my mother.

After we finished the movie we stopped at borders and I found the Salvation movie novel...picked it up of course. First chapter left me kind of cringing honestly. I thought Marcus might of been one of those guys who was sent to prison but was innocent and his body was donated to science, but I guess not. Seems like he was actually a bad guy at some point....unless that's not true and he's just putting up a front. But yeah we can 150% confirm he was a prison and he was killed with lethal injection in Longview Texas :p

Saw the trailer this weekend when I went to go see Star Trek. This movie looks pretty good. I was a bit skeptical up until this weekend. This is shaping up to be one cool Terminator movie.

As stupid as this sounds, the lameness of the toyline had me all mixed up. For some reason my disappointment in the toyline was transferring over to the movie for some reason. Now that I've seen the latest trailer I am excited again about the movie. :)

Well, as long as the sequels get us the chance to see the Phased Plasma Rifles in the 40 watt range.

I think you mean "Phaesed Pwazma Rwifles in duh fordy vatt reange"

Taksraven

(God, its hard to type Arnie, easy to speak it though...)

"Its nod a Teumarrrrrrrrrr!!!!!"
Edited by taksraven

There's like 10 copies of it over at my local hollywood video. That was back on Monday and I looked almost wanting to laugh my ass off. I'll maybe check today and see if they still got it on their rental shelves or if they pulled it off if there is legal problems.

Looks like I spoke too soon. The Asylum has put info on their film back online.

Yeah the movies never left the shelf when i was there on Saturday. I'm sure there's enough of a difference between the two films that people can logically decide that this is not a big budget film versus a real Terminator flick.

I'm half way done with the book. If this is pretty much what the movie will be like...then.....wwwwweeeeellllll. There will be some good high points, and a lot of not so.

Right now the book focuses heavily on Kyle and Marcus. Not so much John. And the way they are gonna end this war isn't really going to end it in my opinion.

Well, as long as the sequels get us the chance to see the Phased Plasma Rifles in the 40 watt range.

Yeah, anytime we get to see future war it's a win for me. :D I'm hoping TSCC dwells more in the future now that John time traveled again.

Finished the movie novel. I'd say the last 30-45 minutes of the movie will be make or break if there's going to be a sequel unless the movies ending will be different then that of the book.

All I have to say is that this is going to be confusing for some.

There's mentions of Cyberdyne, a few times near the last third of the book, that's the most confusing part to me seeing how in the last movie, C R S was what bought out Cyberdyne and created skynet...so if anything, all trademarks Skynet uses should of been C R S designs, not Cyberdyne.

Another confusing portion was when Skynet "tells" Marcus that it had been fighting John Connor for the last 40 some odd years. How would it know that? Something tells me that in the last movie Skynet sent itself as a worm thru the T-X and infiltrated itself thus dropping the bombs.

Further more, Marcus is reading headlines as he does research in Skynet Central such as "Bombs fall over Russia. Russia sends bombs back, hundreds of millions die" "Judgement Day Upon Us!" and "World Wide Web disconnected!"

So, in the final movie, it seems like it took several days, if not, weeks for Skynet to successfully blow humanity back to the stone age...but in the movie it looked like it just took over everything as did it over night.

There's a big bit I wont get into cause it'd REALLY spoil the film, but let's just say it'll be action packed. But the ending is left with a bit of a "Wha....? That's it......?"

So in general, I think the movie itself will be good, but I think it could be better.

Heh, as much as I love the original movie, that line always made me laugh.

40 watts is err........................like on the extremely low-end power wise.

If Arnie had said 40 megawatts, or 40 gigawatts, I would take it a bit more seriously.

Graham

Heh, as much as I love the original movie, that line always made me laugh.

40 watts is err........................like on the extremely low-end power wise.

If Arnie had said 40 megawatts, or 40 gigawatts, I would take it a bit more seriously.

Maybe he's abbreviating the 10,000,000,000-10,000,000,040W range?

:ph34r:

I thought amperage was more important than wattage.

Considering his background, I wouldn't think James Cameron would've made a mistake like that.

EDIT: I meant more important as far as lethality was concerned.

Edited by VT 1010

i just picked up a couple of the 1/18 endos today.

it leaves a lot to be desired. archaic articulation, soft PVC, virtually no stability, & that ridiculous dropped jaw.

i don't understand why Playmates prefers the dropped jaw. it looked ridiculous back in '96, it looks ridiculous now.

but the 1/18 is the best looking sculpt. probably because the flaws are too small to be noticeable.

the junkyard water pistol made me sad, so i decided to improve it a little... with 40 watts ! :lol:

post-2535-1242586854_thumb.jpg post-2535-1242586891_thumb.jpg

and here they are next to the Aoshima Endos

post-2535-1242587305_thumb.jpg

:)

Did you scratch build that plasma rifle for the 1:18 figure. I am curious how you did it. What I mean is what parts did you decide to use to make it? I was wondering if anyone actually made any Terminator plasma rifles for 3 3/4" figures.

I notice that this weeks TRU ad shows some of the Terminator toys on sale. The 3 3/4" figures are 2 for $9.98, and the HK flying type is $15.99. I was thinking about army building some T-R.I.P. figures to use along with my GI-Joe figures.

Link to TRU ad

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kw...254197&sr=1

I thought amperage was more important than wattage.

Considering his background, I wouldn't think James Cameron would've made a mistake like that.

EDIT: I meant more important as far as lethality was concerned.

It could only take 40W to produce a Brazillion MegaJoules or gigajoules of energy to the target, maybe. Without knowing the conversion, it wouldn't really matter without knowing the in-context in-universe explanation. How much do you buy the Star Wars theories on Han's parsec claim? :D

Did you scratch build that plasma rifle for the 1:18 figure. I am curious how you did it. What I mean is what parts did you decide to use to make it? I was wondering if anyone actually made any Terminator plasma rifles for 3 3/4" figures.

yup, i built the plasma rifle.

the plasma rifle body is built from PVC board & the grip is from the "water pistol", cut to fit the main body.

and the barrels are a combination of paper clips & styrene tubing. i used the Aoshima Plasma rifle for reference.

i'm not sure if anybody else makes endo plasma rifles, but i've seen some 1/18 M41A Pulse Rifles being sold online.

I'ce read reports that the Salvation A-10 is not actually Joe-Scale and the pilot figure as well is smaller then the rest of the line, making the A-10 tiny, and that was the toy I was most looking forward too as well.