Fashion Question (floppy hand gestures ahoy!)

ruskiiVFaussie

How do you like your head lasers???  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Now be honest now... ok. Battle Ready Forward, Happy Top, or Slick Back.

• Forward. "Don't waste time being cool dude! prepare for anything ROAR!!!"
    • Top. "Is that a head laser on top of your Valk or you just happy to see me?" (or something lol)
    • Back. "Hey i'm too cool, i'm prepared, but always have time to be Sleeeeeek".
    • "I can't make up my mind, i like all positions, i can't decide!!" *HEAD EXPLODES*

Only you can Decide!!! Choose Wisely..........

-------------------------------------------------------------

I myself am a slick back personage. 9.9999 times out of 10 all my Valks have their lasers positioned back, way back.

Not always completely back, way back is way too hard core (have a bad heart)... just a little diagonal from fully back and viola!

If you guys like, explain why you chose, and above all have fun! OR DIE!

*Another irritatingly unique thread brought to you by ruskiiVFaussie*

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Some forward, some back.

On the VF-1A and VF-0A, I usually point them all the way forward.

On the VF-1S and VF-0S, they are pointing up, but angled about 20-30 degrees rearward.

On the VF-1J they are pointing straight vertically upwards.

Graham

VF-1A is better when pointed forward imo.

1S is best pointing up at neutral position.

1J is best pointed back a little bit.

1A needs all the extra time it can get to get in those extra shots because it only has 1 laser. :D

1J can relax a little bit because it has a fatter head and more lasers.

1S has really heavy earmuffs so maybe its best to put them at neutral and rely more on more firepower to kill things quickly. "Big head" means it is cocky and overconfident with an ego, so it doesn't need to act scared of dying like the 1A, or to pose for the camera like the "attention whore" 1J to prove itself. This is due to the 1S pilot being too jaded and tired of having people bother it for new orders all the time rather than the other mecha figuring it out for themselves for once.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Depends on the Valkyrie, but I almost always prefer some variation on a forward pointing position. Assuming 0 is straight forward;

The VF-1A is almost always at a 45 angle forward, usually deeper.

The VF-1J is 65-75 degree forward.

I like the VF-1S directly forward 45 forward or about 115-125 rearward.

Aside from those positions, I don't mind either the VF-1A or the VF-1S in rearward positions, but for some reason any rearward position for the VF-1J bothers me.

As a vote from the available options, I'd have to choose forward most often.

Edited by Mr March

All of mine are pointed up and back at a very slight angle, except the 1J, which points up up up.

So the VF-0A, VF-1As, VF-11 and YF-19 up and back, and the VF-1J straight up. They just look better that way to me.

For me, it depends more on the pose of the valk... if I've got say, an armored valk ready to unload some hurt, I'll put the headlaser forward as well... if it's in a stylish slick pose, I'll go for a 30 degreeish back position... altho I will admit that with the VF-1S, I find that it looks kinda goofy with all four lasers pointing forwards and won't always pose it as such...

I voted that I can't decide... it depends entirely upon the pose. If the pose is aggressive then usually the laser gets forward, if it's an escape type pose or casual then usually pointing backward, if they're standing at attention then usually the laser is pretty erect.

1J=up

1s=forward just a little

1A=forward

19=as far back as possible

0S=back just a little

0A=forward

I just realized, anyone not familiar with Macross will take one look at these kinds of threads and go: "VF-1J, Foldildo's, BP-8 parts, 1/48 Yammie M&M with FP's, Chunky Monky's, WTF are these dudes talking about?!? :blink: "

B))