Image request: Macross 7 civilian destroids.

Roger

Does anyone have any line art or screen captures of the civilian Destroids from Macross 7? You know, the episode where Mayor Miriya encouraged the mecha-owning citizens to parade them through town.

I also seem to remember a two-page spread from one of the Macross 7 books that showed all of them in a group shot.

Anyway, if anyone could please post images of these, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Here's are some from episode 15.

post-1819-1190152090_thumb.jpgpost-1819-1190152083_thumb.jpg

post-1819-1190152104_thumb.jpgpost-1819-1190152097_thumb.jpg

post-1819-1190152392_thumb.jpg

I LOVE that episode. Especially later (I think the same episode) when Milia flies in with her beautiful red VF-1J.

I may be wrong, but I think that may be the only post SDFMacross series that feature old skool mecha (besides the VF-1 victim in MacPlus). I could be wrong though. (and I'm not counting the modified space whaling Ostrich and other VF's in Mac7 Dynamite.

I LOVE that episode. Especially later (I think the same episode) when Milia flies in with her beautiful red VF-1J.

I may be wrong, but I think that may be the only post SDFMacross series that feature old skool mecha (besides the VF-1 victim in MacPlus). I could be wrong though. (and I'm not counting the modified space whaling Ostrich and other VF's in Mac7 Dynamite.

errr...I think it's Mylene who gets to pilot Milia's VF-1J... which puts in contrast the incompetence of the Macross 7 fleet VF-11 cannon fodder pilot, since a 14 year child with no training doesn't get shot down and easily destroys the enemy in an outdated outperformed valk;

the old timers on the Monster were the sh!t !! ehehe, best thing from that episode

in previews episode is that we see Milia kicking ass in her VF-1J and teaches Basara some tricks, hehehe

and I totally hated when Gamlin get's shot down on Milia's vf'1 and destroys it... ugg!

Edited by Valkyrie addict

Wait a minute. Let me get this straight. There is a Space Helicopter in Macross 7, the only difference being the switch out of rotors for booster pods?

I think you're the last person who should be complaining about space helicopters.

Edited by VF5SS

uggggggggggggg....those clown valkyries makes me wanna regurgitate violently without any mercy at all

Well, they're civilian-owned, right? And think about what people already do to their cars (extra amusing to me, as I live in kind of a white-trash town, so the kids put giant spoilers, fart cans, and neon on old economy Dodge Omni and strangely don't do anything about the extensive rust, and hang out with other kids with trashy cars at Wal-Mart and kid themselves into thinking they're cool).

Since when do feathers and a little ornate paint = clown? Only one particular VF-1D was dressed as a clown complete with red nose and a fake smile. If anything they're just being festive for the carnival. Some of them weren't done up in festive schemes. I'll post pics of the regular VF-1s later.

Since when do feathers and a little ornate paint = clown? Only one particular VF-1D was dressed as a clown complete with red nose and a fake smile. If anything they're just being festive for the carnival. Some of them weren't done up in festive schemes. I'll post pics of the regular VF-1s later.

Hmmm, now the sensitive ones reply... :ph34r:

errr...I think it's Mylene who gets to pilot Milia's VF-1J... which puts in contrast the incompetence of the Macross 7 fleet VF-11 cannon fodder pilot, since a 14 year child with no training doesn't get shot down and easily destroys the enemy in an outdated outperformed valk

How do you know Mylene was untrained? It's perfectly believable that with two top ace pilots as parents Mylene would have received some flight training. My old girlfriend's dad was a pilot and she had some flying lessons when she was a teenager, and he just flew little prop planes and wasn't a dogfighting ace.

How do you know Mylene was untrained? It's perfectly believable that with two top ace pilots as parents Mylene would have received some flight training. My old girlfriend's dad was a pilot and she had some flying lessons when she was a teenager, and he just flew little prop planes and wasn't a dogfighting ace.

Mylene actually implies that she learned to fly from her parents when Basara gets hurt protecting the Rex gang and Mylene flies his VF back to City 7.

Some of these guys may look familiar.

Hey, a cannon fodder survived the war!

• 3 weeks later...
Except that VF-1's and Destroids cost a lot more than cars

This leads us to an interesting question.

What would the resale value of Destroids and VF-1s be a couple decades past their prime?

Given the amount of people who own antique cars, aeroplanes etc these days, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to imagine people owning their own Variable Fighters in the M7 universe.

VFTF1