Your Top Anime/Sci-fi Tank

Ratchet

The Kenbishi Multiped tank that goes on a rampage in the first season of Gits is one of my favorites. But I also loved the Heavy gear tanks, particularly the Northern Guard Aller that used a rail gun (it looks squished a bit in this photo, it has quite a wide body for added stability while moving over sand)

DP9-9058.jpg

and a special version of the NG Klemm light tank called the Chaser ( imagine this photo, again less squished, but without the missiles but a mounted aircraft gattling gun like the A-10, like a ZSU-23)

DP9-9060.jpg

Edited by Noyhauser

If by "spider-tank", you're referring to the very tall, spindle-type walking tank from the Dominion graphic novel, that design is actually based on a T-4 Bacteriophage...!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T4_phage

Nope, thats not the one at all. It was a dark green one, about the size of the bonaparte. And i vaguely remember some dude with a suitcase controlling it. Its from the OVA - if that helps. I remember there was line art of it on the inside cover on one of the VHS cases.

Clearly not the strongest but there is a tank in Macross that briefly appears and gets blown up during the sequence of Earth getting annihilated by the Zentradi force in the TV series.

I think the tank you are referring to is what Palladium called the Tornado Light Combat Tank in the old Robotech RPG. Anyone know if it actually had a designation at all in the original series?

LCT-Tornado01.jpg

LCT-Tornado02.jpg

I think the tank you are referring to is what Palladium called the Tornado Light Combat Tank in the old Robotech RPG. Anyone know if it actually had a designation at all in the original series?

LCT-Tornado01.jpg

LCT-Tornado02.jpg

Yes, this is the one. Does anyone have the designs or the schematics to this? Who knows... maybe one day a brave sould will scratch build this in 1/72 or better yet, 1/48 or 1/35 scale. It's got the M60 turret with a Sheridan main gun. The tracks also look very familiar. <_<

I thought this was the one that had the M60 turret, the one Palladium called the Dark Knight Main Battle Tank...

MBT-DarkKnight01.jpg

MBT-DarkKnight02.jpg

MBT-DarkKnight03.jpg

Judging from the footage, looks more like an M1 turret. It could be a hybrid of both since the silhouette of the turret is too tall for M1 but too short for M60 and angles are different from either. I am sure whoever designed these tried their best to make them look original, making it far more difficult to scratchbuild them. B))

The 'K-2001 Landraider' modular fighting unit, from the 1978 Judge Dredd mega epic, 'The Cursed Earth'.

The Landraider splits into 2 vehicles, the front called the 'Raider Car' and the back 'The Killdozer'. This was based on a Matchbox toy from 1977.

Graham

Well, if we're mentioning 2000AD I'd like to add the "Blackmare" tank from Rogue Trooper - the comic book version, not the one seen in the recent video game.

The big ole tank in the GITS movie was pimp.
It was pimp but WTF with giving that tank practice ammo, as the Major would have been dead to rights had it had API/HEI ammunition instead,.

There was also the similar one in Stand Alone Complex episode 2.
Purely a COIN operation type as that stub barrel wouldn't give the projectiles the MV or the range to slug it with other tanks or AFVs.

It was pimp but WTF with giving that tank practice ammo, as the Major would have been dead to rights had it had API/HEI ammunition instead,.

Who knows?

Purely a COIN operation type as that stub barrel wouldn't give the projectiles the MV or the range to slug it with other tanks or AFVs.

Yes it does, it's the future where barrel length is irrelevant!

And yes, they do count as tanks. :D

So i guess nobody has a pic (or a clue) of the 'spider-tank' from Dominion Tank Police OVA?!?!?

Bummer...

:huh:<_<

BTW - looking at that AT-TE walker from AOTC (above), did anyone catch the same tank - only with 6 AT-AT legs on felucia in ROTS>?

It was pretty cool!

Edited by Kurisama

Judging from the footage, looks more like an M1 turret. It could be a hybrid of both since the silhouette of the turret is too tall for M1 but too short for M60 and angles are different from either. I am sure whoever designed these tried their best to make them look original, making it far more difficult to scratch build them. B))
That is an Abrams, badly drawn one at that.

Has Kawamori's variable tank from FLAG been mentioned yet? I don't have any pics around and I'm too lazy to make a screencap, but you know wich one I'm talking about, right? :)

I've been waiting for more pictures of that thing.

205014589_6c40b8abd5.jpg

Edited by Mr March