Transformer Super Thread 6

"Demolishing", that's so dramatic it made me giggle. :D People can criticize something and STILL like it. I criticize the crap out of Leopaldon but he's still one of my favorite SOC toys.

Sorry. Not so much here. All over the innernets.

Bad words on my part and I don't disagree, fwiw.

Edited by hutch

Warmachine on allspark customized a classics Ultra Magnus into something more fitting the name. They're' selling it here. It seems like a pretty simple to add paint scheme. Although I wonder if there's a better/cheaper way to kitbash the head. From his description:

"CUSTOM TRANSFORMERS CLASSICS ULTRA MAGNUS G1 STYLE. THIS MAY HAVE BEEN DONE BEFORE, BUT THIS IS MY VERSION OF HIM. ANYWAY, I FABRICATED A NEW HEAD FROM THE ONE HE CAME WITH BUY GRINDING AND TRIMMING OUT THE EYES AND FACESHEILD AND USING CLASSICS JETFIRES FACE INSTEAD. THEN I CUSTOM PAINTED HIM TO RESEMBLE G1 ULTRA MAGNUS FROM THE ORIGINAL 1980`S TOON. I DIDN`T BOTHER WITH ALT MODE PICS BECAUSE HE LOOKS THE EXACT SAME WAY AS HE DID BEFORE. I ACTUALLY LIKE IT LIKE THAT. THE ONLY THING THAT MIGHT LOOK ANY DIFFERENT IS THAT THE EXAUST PIPES ARE NOW WHITE AND SILVER AS OPPOSED TO ALL BLACK."

DSC05262.jpg

Lots more pics here:http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m296/Wa...Ultra%20Magnus/

Galvatron's G1 toy wasn't just kind of a crappy barrel-shaped thing, but his alt-mode was always lame, even in animation. What we really need is a Revoltech Galvatron based on Guido Guidi's art.

I always thought Megatron as a more "primitive" artillery piece made more sense than the size-morphing/phasing hand-gun. Why would his "Scope" turn into a giant cannon anyway?

Nothing I can do about chickenlegs MP Megs... but I would love to see a Masterpiece Galvatron...

For a repaint with a retooled head that is GREAT looking custom that increases the robot mode look tenfold. Excellent.

Just a head and paint change, and look how much better it looks.

I want a classics God Ginrai.
You mean Powermaster Optimus Prime ;)

Let us never speak again of the time Japan thought it would be a Bloody Good Idea to turn Transformers into lifeless automatons driven by human anime stereotypes. Just another great idea from Takara Marketing - "Driving Transformers into the ground and blaming Gaijin when it doesn't work!"

Galvatron's G1 toy wasn't just kind of a crappy barrel-shaped thing, but his alt-mode was always lame, even in animation. What we really need is a Revoltech Galvatron based on Guido Guidi's art.
Why bother? Better to get a Transforming toy, like Hasbro suggested they might do for Classics.

Galvatron was a mobile artillery cannon, judging by the treads.

I always thought Megatron as a more "primitive" artillery piece made more sense than the size-morphing/phasing hand-gun. Why would his "Scope" turn into a giant cannon anyway?

Nothing I can do about chickenlegs MP Megs... but I would love to see a Masterpiece Galvatron...

It's a giant weapon-looking thing on his arm, what else would you do with it? And it looks cool.

This isn't a mecha anime or something where things have to plausibly work or make sense according to pretend science the writers and mecha designer made up :D

Sure. I'm just saying Megatron as a more primitive Galvatron makes more sense than a tank and all the other silliness they do for him these days. Nothing has ever really been very plausible about Transformers, what with the mixed series (Diaclone, Microman) and all the corresponding mixed scale business - Megatron, Soundwave, etc versus the larger scale trucks, jets, etc.

AHHH!

The hinge on my MP Prime's Megatron gun crumbled!

AHHH!

Tank Megatron is probably the best if one ever wants to see Megatron transform in fiction, since it's practical. You almost never see Megatron or Galvatron transform except as their 'party piece'. But I think the movie will influence future Megatrons (bar existing ones) to have aerial alt-modes.

I found 7 MP Starscream in my local Walmart and got two of them, one to open and the second to probably leave it as display in the box. I had no idea it was so much smaller than MP Prime, I got them when I was on my way to relatives so I haven't been able to take it out of the box or compare it with MP prime.

You mean Powermaster Optimus Prime ;)

Let us never speak again of the time Japan thought it would be a Bloody Good Idea to turn Transformers into lifeless automatons driven by human anime stereotypes. Just another great idea from Takara Marketing - "Driving Transformers into the ground and blaming Gaijin when it doesn't work!"

Why bother? Better to get a Transforming toy, like Hasbro suggested they might do for Classics.

It's a giant weapon-looking thing on his arm, what else would you do with it? And it looks cool.

This isn't a mecha anime or something where things have to plausibly work or make sense according to pretend science the writers and mecha designer made up :D

Nope, God Ginrai. As much as some fans hate Masterforce, I like it. Ginrai is one of my favorite g1 Transformers, and I wish I had the Destron jet brothers.

AHHH!

The hinge on my MP Prime's Megatron gun crumbled!

AHHH!

Tank Megatron is probably the best if one ever wants to see Megatron transform in fiction, since it's practical. You almost never see Megatron or Galvatron transform except as their 'party piece'. But I think the movie will influence future Megatrons (bar existing ones) to have aerial alt-modes.

Mine broke too. TODAY. It was just being held in Prime's hand. I removed it, and the hinge broke. :(

I figured as much, but he still looked lame in the cartoon, and the toy was three shades of clunky. I won't complain if we get a Classics Galvatron, but since I don't like his alt mode in any case, and I do like Guido Guidi's art, I'd honestly prefer a non-transforming Galvatron that trades his alt mode for a better looking bot mode.

I'm still worried about the fact Hasbro moved the Animated line back to June to capitilise on how well the Movie line continues to sell, yet the Animated cartoon is airing in January.

Of course, the Cartoon Network will probably air 4 episodes and then rerun them for 6 months.

Repaints are stupid at this point, the regular movie line deluxes alone could support Hasbro for the next 6 months---if they made them! Remember when Hasbro shipped entire cases of Darth Maul due to demand? They sold. They should do the same with concept BB. Or more accurately, they should have done it in November. Hasbro is just costing themselves sales with weird repaints kids don't wont, when parents are desperate to buy normal Jazz/BB/Prime/Barricade etc.