Transformer Super Thread 6

unfortunate that arcee can't be sold with a rider like that. mp skywarp looks cool next to that 1/60 vf-1j. i wonder how skywarp would look with a valkyrie head.

Edited by sh002

Heh, Arcee seems to be perfectly scaled for revoltech. How about prime?

Oh, can Arcee ride another Arcee like Wreck-Gar??

While failed miserably finding this guy locally, I managed to snatch one on ebay at original price plus shipping. Added a rough dirt wash, this Rescue Ratchet turned out pretty sweet. In terms of the figure, its a great voyager class design. No tricky bits on transformation and easy to remember. The robot while pretty chunky, is very poseable. I was skeptical when people mentioned this, but I finally see it for myself. He can pose very well, and excellent balance in moderate poses. The cockpit is a bit flimpsy in vehicle mode, but not super bad. Another good one from the TF Movie bunch.

However, when it comes to QC, man...its terrible on the one I got. Both upper arm swivel is super loose. Loose right hip joint, as well as right knee. That knee doesn't even ratchet like the left. Also half of the rear bumper piece is also very loose. Seems like there is a lot of issue in parts fitment. Not to mentioned a badly glued rear mirror on one side. Thanks Hasbro. Great work right there! Luckily, almost all those pieces can be easily disassembled and fixed. Now its a lot more solid. So bottom line, great figure, bad QC.

IMG_4302.jpg

IMG_4303.jpg

IMG_4304.jpg

IMG_4305.jpg

IMG_4308.jpg

IMG_4309.jpg

IMG_4310.jpg

IMG_4314.jpg

IMG_4317.jpg

IMG_4325.jpg

That looks great, I didnt even know it was out yet. All I have seen are Jazz and Starscream.

Its been out for a little while already. Probably for about a month or so. Just that scalpers are in the works...as usual. Can't stand the original green version. The neon green with red accent just don't look right to me, so this will be the movie Ratchet in my collection instead. Heard that the Rescue Ratchet may not be abundant in the reissue cases. Only one assortment case (out of like 7 or 8 different cases variations) has one per case. So even when the next big wave of figures re-surfaces, we may not see Rescue Ratchet much. So keep that in mind if you want one. Though being white makes all the rough paintjob flaws show that much more. :lol: Might go back and pretty it up more if I have time.

Edited by mpchi

Minor update with some added silver highlight. Not too visible in the pic since Ratchet is white, but you can tell by the reflection on some of the body details when react to the same light, especially on the thigh & lower arm areas.

Before.

IMG_4308.jpg

After.

IMG_4326.jpg

Not too bad for a 30 minute touch up with a silver marker. ;)

not bad. wish they designed better faces though. from far away it looks like a stereotypical asian with long mustache hairs. no offense to anyone.

Edited by sh002

:blink:

lol - seriously, apply for a job as a police identikit sketch artist. You also pinpointed the reason why I hate all the movie toys - their ridiculous heads. Well, the main reason.

I was at my local Wal-Mart today and they had ONE movie toy, the smaller Megatron. They had 9 20th Anniversary Primes, 6 Ultimate Bumblebees and a sh*t ton of Alternator Scions and Subarus. The only other actual transformers toys they had that weren't Star Wars were the Unicron repaint guy from Armada.

It was dumb. I have yet to see ANY of the movie toys except for the little camera/cell phone/mp3s player guys and a big prime.

barely getting my mp megatron unmodified. better late than never.

i have movie deluxe arcee mosc and deluxe jazz g1 repaint mosc if anyone needs them.

Edited by sh002

Yea I've been having more luck at Target than anywhere else. I'm in Minnesota this week for a convention so I'll try a few places around here to see what I can dig up.

Ha, good luck with that! :p I live in Minneapolis and have spotted new figures TWICE in the last two months. Targets around the state are a wasteland and other stores aren't much better. You might luck out with Titanium figures though.

Hope you find something though, it's always fun to find something away from home.

yea, i got my teo today...the only stickers worth putting on are the wing stripes, decep wing symbols, and maybe the tail fin stripes (i left those off though).

the other stickers mostly have REALLY small writing, and not quite transparent borders, so the background would stand out against the black

beautiful toy though!

On the same Skywarp streak here so…

Nothing too fancy here. I just repainted an extra 6” Titanium War Within Starscream into a custom WW Skywarp to complete my line of War Within seeker jets. Used basic acrylic paints with a semi-gloss coat. I’m a bad modeler and painter and just tried to get this one done ASAP. Took a couple days for painting, touch-up, and drying. Will try and take pics in alt-jet mode this weekend. These Titaniums are really easy to take apart, only a few screws.

post-1065-1189789449_thumb.jpg

post-1065-1189789454_thumb.jpg

post-1065-1189789458_thumb.jpg

post-1065-1189789462_thumb.jpg

Edited by baronv

Last non Scion or Subaru alt I saw was Sunstreaker. (at least I think that was his name, yellow viper) and that was 4 months or so ago.

Our Targets, Toys R Us and Wal-Marts are useless. My biggest problem I guess is I basically NEED them to be on the shelves since I don't have a card I can use online. It sucks.

But hey, if Star Wars is your thing, look no further. =\

lol - seriously, apply for a job as a police identikit sketch artist. You also pinpointed the reason why I hate all the movie toys - their ridiculous heads. Well, the main reason.
Even Prime? Prime's head is perfectly Prime, except modernised and detailed.

I was at my local Wal-Mart today and they had ONE movie toy, the smaller Megatron. They had 9 20th Anniversary Primes, 6 Ultimate Bumblebees and a sh*t ton of Alternator Scions and Subarus. The only other actual transformers toys they had that weren't Star Wars were the Unicron repaint guy from Armada.

It was dumb. I have yet to see ANY of the movie toys except for the little camera/cell phone/mp3s player guys and a big prime.

The problem is Transformers Movie stuff was essentially under ordered by comparison to other blockbuster toylines, so the retailers are filling the gaps with other Transformers stuff.