Who wants Yamato to make a Regult Battle Pod?

miriya

Who wants Yamato to make a Regult Battle Pod?

I would love to have a Yamato 1/48 zentraedi Regult Battle Pod to go on display with my 1/48 Roy Valk. Does anyone think that they would ever make one? I think that would be sweet! anyone else? <_<

I wouldn't mind, but I would only get it if they priced it reasonably. and by reasonably, I mean under forty dollars. I got the Q-rau because I love the design, but no way am I dishing out that kind of money again on such a detail and feature poor product.

How about the Variable Glaug ? :D

[attachmentid=43049][attachmentid=43050][attachmentid=43051]

post-3608-1182160317_thumb.jpg

post-3608-1182160334_thumb.jpg

post-3608-1182160346_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mowe

Ah...you are right!!!! :D

Actually, it makes sense because why whould the giant needs a transformable mode? The variable fighter was designed so the figher can be transformed into battroid to handle hand to hand combat with the giant.

Good choice, but judging by the pics, it seems to be part of UN SPACY and piloted by puny humans.

Edited by Mowe

There's three versions:

1 piloted by UN Spacy micron pilots

1 piloted by UN Spacy Zentraedi macron pilots

1 piloted by AI (like the Ghost in Macross Plus) - this one can't transform into battroid mode.

I'd hate to see the size of the box for a 1/48 Regult :o

The Regult is a lot taller than the VF-1, I'd say by about 50%. At 1/48 scale that's a little too big for my tastes (and display case).

I'd prefer a 1/60 release, that way it can go along with the Q-Rau.

Regrettably, I doubt Yamato will release a Regult in any scale. If memory serves me correct, the 1/60 Q-Rau's didn't sell that well so I don't think Yamato will put out any more enemy mecha from the original TV series. But if you really want a Regult, you can always pick up the Matchbox/Exo Squad version. While it lacks detail, it is approximately 1/60 scale. :)

Shoji Kawamori Macross Design Works, page 142, a must have for die hard Macross fan.

Wow, thats so cool. Where is that line art from?

Edited by Mowe

Bringing out more zentradi units would be a nice change from the re-coloured Valkyries we keep getting. Although they look nice, it would be better to have your valkyries in battle poses or displays.

I wouldn't mind, but I would only get it if they priced it reasonably. and by reasonably, I mean under forty dollars. I got the Q-rau because I love the design, but no way am I dishing out that kind of money again on such a detail and feature poor product.

i'm with this guy. :D

I'd hate to see the size of the box for a 1/48 Regult :o

The Regult is a lot taller than the VF-1, I'd say by about 50%. At 1/48 scale that's a little too big for my tastes (and display case).

I'd prefer a 1/60 release, that way it can go along with the Q-Rau.

Regrettably, I doubt Yamato will release a Regult in any scale. If memory serves me correct, the 1/60 Q-Rau's didn't sell that well so I don't think Yamato will put out any more enemy mecha from the original TV series. But if you really want a Regult, you can always pick up the Matchbox/Exo Squad version. While it :o lacks detail, it is approximately 1/60 scale. :)

Good point about the size...

yeah the 1/60 would be sweet. I have the matchbox and the exosquid one and they are just so clunky. I think that Yamato could make a nice elegant slick looking one maybe with a "fastpack" type of add on for the different types of missile launchers and the scout antenna with a swappable door for that too.

I agree that too much money would not be great but considering the cost of a 1/72 kit, if you can find one, and the time to assemble and paint, I would be willing to spend $80 or so for a 1/60 by yamato, especially if it came with the missiles and add-ons.

Also it would be great with a squatting Zentraedi warrior inside the pod!

By the way, thanks for the variable line art! I have never seen that! Was that in the original series?

See my avatar :lol:

I want them destroids too!!!!

Zent Power Armour!!!!!!!?

Hell yeah I'd buy three of those. . .

Good point about the size...

yeah the 1/60 would be sweet. I have the matchbox and the exosquid one and they are just so clunky. I think that Yamato could make a nice elegant slick looking one maybe with a "fastpack" type of add on for the different types of missile launchers and the scout antenna with a swappable door for that too.

I agree that too much money would not be great but considering the cost of a 1/72 kit, if you can find one, and the time to assemble and paint, I would be willing to spend $80 or so for a 1/60 by yamato, especially if it came with the missiles and add-ons.

Also it would be great with a squatting Zentraedi warrior inside the pod!

By the way, thanks for the variable line art! I have never seen that! Was that in the original series?

80 bucks?!? No way!

I wouldn't pay more than 50.

Regrettably, I doubt Yamato will release a Regult in any scale. If memory serves me correct, the 1/60 Q-Rau's didn't sell that well so I don't think Yamato will put out any more enemy mecha from the original TV series. But if you really want a Regult, you can always pick up the Matchbox/Exo Squad version. While it lacks detail, it is approximately 1/60 scale. :)

And I'd counter that the Q-Rau didn't sell because it was ridiculously overpriced for what you got. The only gimmicks were what? - swappable/openable missile pods and a removable pilot? That's not much for the $100 or so it sold for at release. Economies of scale aside, that still smacked of price gouging.

If they released a Regult with a removable pilot, attachable missile pods and the like (include parts for each of the variants), I'd pick one up, or even several provided they were reasonably priced. It's just cheapo plastic with no excessive engineering it as far as making it transform goes ... they could sell one of these with all these options for $60 or so (or even less) and still make a very decent profit.

I'd also kill to see the Glaug and N-Ger.

If they throw in:

* a nicely sculpted and articulated Zent' figure,

* some good leg articulation on the Regult itself,

* some nice little add-on accessories (like everyone else has been saying), AND

* keep the price reasonable.

...I could easily see myself buying some of these pups.

Heck, our Valk squads need something to shoot at!

And I'd counter that the Q-Rau didn't sell because it was ridiculously overpriced for what you got. The only gimmicks were what? - swappable/openable missile pods and a removable pilot? That's not much for the $100 or so it sold for at release. Economies of scale aside, that still smacked of price gouging.

If they released a Regult with a removable pilot, attachable missile pods and the like (include parts for each of the variants), I'd pick one up, or even several provided they were reasonably priced. It's just cheapo plastic with no excessive engineering it as far as making it transform goes ... they could sell one of these with all these options for $60 or so (or even less) and still make a very decent profit.

You're absolutely right about the Q-Rau's being expensive. But if Yamato were to release a 1/60 Regult you know they would jack up the price beyond reasonable levels. The QF-Ghost is small and features no moving parts aside from the landing gears, yet it sells for $40+. The Regult is much more complex with it's rotating guns, legs, opening hatch, and is much larger than the Ghost. I'd estimate a 1/60 Regult at $80 minimum. Then Yamato would scratch their heads and wonder why no one is building an army of Regults :lol:

edit: At 1/60 scale a Regult would be about as tall as the 1/48 in battroid mode. True, most of it would just be the legs, but you know Yamato.

Edited by TheLoneWolf

I never cared for the Glaug. Maybe is the color scheme, dunno.

I'm all for a Regult with all the accesories to make all the different versions including the Reckon Regult (I don't know it's official name, but I'm a sucker for reckon mecha). I'd buy multiple Regults to have all the versions on display if the price were reasonable.

I agree with you totally.

I'd buy multiple regults, but I wouldn't even care if the prices were reasonable. And knowing Yamato, does any one of us seriously think they'll make an affordable Regult? The price of the Mac Zero Ghost alone is about what most of you say you would pay for a Regult, and you know that'll never happen.

I'd be a sucker (when it comes to Yamato, I think I have battered wife syndrome, even though I'm a dude and Yamato and have never been married). I'd get multiple Regults, just like my mini set:

[attachmentid=43098]

post-917-1182228661_thumb.jpg

1/144? Beauitful. I do hope they bring more 1/144 Regult goodness later on,

including Fighter Pod, and standalone Zentran soldiers, ohh and of course their power armor.

For the larger scale 1/60 i can give or take, not caring.

But for 1/144, i'll happily spend 50 bucks to create an army. haha.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I think if they had aTV version rau with more gadgety type details like the 1/48's I think it wouldve outsold the DYRL's rau. As far as regults,,,,I for one would be all over it. I dont know why they test the waters with DYRL stuff when the majority of sales would be higher with TV versions (like the "J"s)

I agree with you totally.

I'd buy multiple regults, but I wouldn't even care if the prices were reasonable. And knowing Yamato, does any one of us seriously think they'll make an affordable Regult? The price of the Mac Zero Ghost alone is about what most of you say you would pay for a Regult, and you know that'll never happen.

Dude! Those are awsome! Where did you get them? Are they still available somewhere?

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Would maybe pick up a glaug, for old time's sake.

But I agree with justvinnie, give me a Battle7 or Battle13. Or a VF-14 which is close enough to enemy mecha... Chlore's Q-rau from M7 could be cool as long as they include a well done figure of Chlore, and not the pos that was the included Miria figure...

I'd go for a highly-detailed and articulated Glaug, with a Kamjin figure, in a heartbeat and shell out $150 for it in 1/60 scale. Regults, I wouldn't be so keen on unless they were cheap enough that I could army-build.