Spt Layzner - 1985 - Fansub Thread

SPT LAYZNER TV - 1985 - FANSUB THREAD

SptLayzner-1.jpg

- EPISODE 9 - RELEASED -

Spt Layzner is one of the best mech shows of all time. It's renound for being the darkest and most angsty tv series from the 80's. If you thought Gundam Zeta was depressing then wait untill you see this amazing show.

Attempted to be digitally fansubbed twice already, Anime Dreams the first in 2004, then Shin Getter in 2005, with only one episode ever been completed. This prompted ACR to go into unknown territory and start fansubbing the series ourselves.

Episodes 1-9 provided below:

Download - Spt Layzner - Episodes 1 to 9 - Torrent (Click Here)

All our anime releases including one shot OVA's, can be found below: :

Complete ACR Torrent Page (Click Here)

150px-Eiji_anna-1.jpg

STAY TUNED

Edited by Area88

Bandai licensed Spt Layzner for US release in 2001. They had fully translated the show only to find out that their video masters were damaged. They requested replacements from Sunrise but they sadly denied them access to anything other material.

Sounds like Sunrise intended to screw over Bandai from the beginning on the liscense! The art looks pretty good, so I'll have to look up a bittorrent link on the series! :)

• 2 months later...

Guys I'm pleased to announce I'm currently fansubbing Spt Layzner. Episode 2 and 3 are finished. A torrent is now in the making thanks to the generosity of a user on another forum.

The video quality is farily decent but is is from the HKDVD boxset. To my knowledge they sourced this anime from the laserdiscs so it doesn't use the remastered print found on the R2 dvds. Because HKDVD subtitles are notoriously bad, I've replaced them all with the Lupin Gang scripts, all the subtitles are timed properly and the scripts have been fixed up to fill in any missing dialogue or poor grammar. Anyway it should meet with your satisfaction, I hope, lol.

Anyway let me know what you think. Links for the episodes are also be included at the top of this thread.

Episodes 4 and 5 will be coming very shortly.

Edited by Area88

No worries, I'm happy to awnser all questions and yours is a pretty good one.

That torrent is indeed ours, we released it yesterday morning. I started a fansub group with a member from a different forum. We are now hoping to release episodes of Spt Layzner in a timely manner.

Btw, Episode 1 is not our own work (belongs to Shin Getter) and will be replaced by our own asap. Episode 4 is very near completion so expect it in the next couple of days.

Edited by Area88

Awesome that your releasing this, even if the group name sounds a tad odd. ^_^

If you're using Lupin Gang's subs, you may want to credit them with their tag [Lupin].

Always nice to see oldschool stuff, especially now that I have the space for it (I saw 1 back when you first released it).

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Great news guys, Episodes 7 and 8 are finished and on their way.

They should be released on animesuki in the next few days. Another suprise is planned too from our group.

The opening post in this thread has been redesigned. All updates and new episodes will be posted.

All feedback and questions welcome.

• 3 weeks later...