Macross Composer Passes Away

JELEINEN

That's too bad...he composed some of the most iconic music for Macross. Everything from "My Boyfriend's a Pilot" to "Ai Oboeteimasuka" really is his work. If not for him, Macross might not have had the rich musical palette it did.

He's going to be missed.

It's sad to hear that a great music composer has passed away. If it weren't for his music, Macross would've been incomplete.

R.I.P. Kentaro Haneda.

Agreed. The music of Macross was such an integral part of the series. I've always preferred it to what they replaced it with in Robotech.

It's nice to hear that the 25th anniversary concert will be dedicated to him. I'm sure he'll attend it spiritually, if not physically now.

R.I.P Haneda-san. Your musical legacy will live on.

RIP and be one with the Universe. . .

Oh yeah...you are right...don't worry, he'll be there... :)

Are you trying to spook me out?!!! Hahaha. just kidding. Ofcourse his music will be there.

Isn't Mari Ijima dedicating a concert for the late composer?

Mari Iijima composed Tenshi No Enogude or Angel's Paint herself... she composed several other of Minmay's songs.

I think Haneda did compose Ai Oboeteimasuka though.

Damn, Mari rocks! To think she actually wrote and composed my favorite Macross song of all time all by herself! It's really strange how none of her non-Macross related solo albums contain one song that is even remotely close to how good An Angels Paint is. It's almost a fluke how brilliant that song is.

Damn, Mari rocks! To think she actually wrote and composed my favorite Macross song of all time all by herself! It's really strange how none of her non-Macross related solo albums contain one song that is even remotely close to how good An Angels Paint is. It's almost a fluke how brilliant that song is.

Tenshi no Enogude is my favourite Mari song aswell... I wouldn't say that she dosn't have any other songs on the same calibur though, she has a lot of great songs. Her style now is a lot less peppy then when she was a 20 something though.

Still Tenshi always makes me feel better when I'm depressed.

• 3 weeks later...