The Dark Knight Thread

Technically speaking the all time highest grossing movie is gone with the wind if you count for inflation. Alas i was hoping it would reach the titanic mark but with the movie dropping 20 mil every week it just isn't going to happen. Now to wait another 2 to 3 years for another one, but honestly if they never do another one i am quite content with these two as are. A third has the potential for massive failure or let down after this one set the bar so high. If Nolan and his whole crew come back then it is a gurantee hit, but he may not be able to do this again. But you never know he may have a whole lot more tricks up his sleeve.

A third has the potential for massive failure or let down after this one set the bar so high. If Nolan and his whole crew come back then it is a gurantee hit, but he may not be able to do this again. But you never know he may have a whole lot more tricks up his sleeve.

Clayface and Mad Hatter and Zatanna should be in it.

Stage magic. Batman training how to escape traps. Illusions through mind manipulation. (mad hatter is an expert in tracking the criminals using his tracer chips but they get used on innocent people as well to serve his own purposes - mind control) Those are the themes.

Clayface - is just an ugly guy like the elephant man not a shapeshifter. Seeks to go back to normal, requires makeup to keep him looking nice. Face is destroyed and career is ruined. Must now hide from society which values beauty. Because he is a freak he wants to use the ugly face to scare people and becomes a criminal after he realises he can get respect by using the ugly face to frighten and intimidate. (like the "joe fixit" version of the hulk)

Zatanna - the female interest for bruce wayne. Batman must disappear for a while so needs help. Her fake magic gives bruce more ideas and batman starts to use smoke bombs whenever he needs to escape from ambush. He can then modify the bombs so as to release gases that dull senses or make it hard to see him. He would already have those skills from ninja training but he would use it more often now.

Mad Hatter - is rejected by a beautiful girl, goes psycho and from then on he stalks women who are beautiful all of whom rejected him, using his mind control technique to have sex with him willingly. (no need to make him a child molester! Instead they can say he keeps his victims acting like children because he wants to make the girls innocent and sweet so he can get them to trust him easily - helps him persuade them they are willing because they said 'yes' :D) Bruce takes this tech modifies it to create his first tracers so he can avoid spying on innocent people and only target criminals. (no more bullshit with sonar!) This way lucious fox doesn't have to whine so much! :D

What do you think of that idea? Batman combined with prisonbreak, combined with elephant man, and the matrix! :p

The theme of the movie is Escapism. Batman is on the run from the public now that he is just another vigilante to people. People wear masks everyday to hide aspects of themselves they don't want others to see.

eg. alfred still kept that letter a secret from bruce to protect him instead of giving him the truth. A disfigured person can't live a normal life because freaks are scary to most people so they turn antisocial leading to isolation from others. The whole alice in wonderland thing of people choosing to live in a fake world if it feels good and ignoring what's going on in the real world due to liking their comfortable fake one etc ....people escape from the grim reality to keep them going day to day. The crazy are not all crazy: rather mad hatter has somehow driven people to madness instead. That's the gimmick of the movie: batman must use the clues inside the fake world after being affected by the technology to help him escape it to get the mad hatter. His brain has been photoshopped with false memory and like momento he has to piece together the real bits he can trust before he can defeat the illusions projected into his mind.)

There was a batman beyond episode where the old bruce was slowly being driven mad using sound manipulation and people thought it was him going senile. I think that kind of thing would suit a third movie: we all know batman is a freak but not crazy enough to be locked into arkum. The movie would explore how bruce determined what is real and isn't so it would be like psychological horror movie. You could get around the realism thing by saying characters like clayface only appeared to morph and bend because of the manipulation by mad hatter. No such monster ever existed. How is bruce going to escape a psycho ward if people don't believe him that there is monster? That is how mad hatter works. He can make the person look crazy and have them locked up as dangerous without the side effect of making the whole of gotham go crazy like what scarecrow was going to do. (instead targeting select people)

If you weren't a fan of momento you probably think it sounds boring but I think the whole batman comics is about crazy people anyway, with a main character who is psychotic, dressing up as a bat to frighten. We could have a clear thinking and logical person take advantage of the crazy and using them to commit crimes without people able to suspect the criminals were puppets of the mad hatter. (physically like the riddler he isn't good at fighting but that is why I think clayface character could complement it: he is ugly, can take a beating, and his 'power' of morphing can be explained away as mere illusions/mind manipulation)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

i am a fan and it was amazing, but there is another reason the magic angle could work. Mr. Nolan did the amazing Prestige film so he knows how to make a movie about magic. Though unfortunately all that seems like a bit much and far fetched for the Bat-Universe he has created. He prefers realism and apparently mafia or crime organizations (league of shadows). But i am sure his brother probably has something cooking up in his head that will surely shock us. Those two are an amazing team together.

I wish they'd count the biggest movie ever by the true way - tickets sold. With movie ticket prices beyond retarded, I don't think they should count anymore. I want to see Bane too, I'd figure with steriod abuse recently it would be pertinent today, and he was handled retarded in the same movie...batman was handled retard

Bain would be a great story to tell. The man who is physically superior (by juicing) but is also extremely intelligent. Breaking down Batman mentally and physically long before he breaks his back. Tho at the same time unless they change it; it may draw a lot of comparisons to how the joker handled batman in this film.

Next film?

Batman: Detective

This is the one key aspect of Batman's legacy that hasn't gotten enough film time just yet. You know Nolan and company can do justice to the brilliant mind and forensic skills that make Batman so damn good.

^^I know I'm splitting hairs here, but I'd personally prefer something a little more grounded in reality.

Definitely dug the way he got a fingerprint off the shattered bullet.

But I'd like to see Batman doing some more good ol' fashioned detective work and out-smarting/out-thinking his opponents.

^^I know I'm splitting hairs here, but I'd personally prefer something a little more grounded in reality.

But I'd like to see Batman doing some more good ol' fashioned detective work and out-smarting/out-thinking his opponents.

Yeah, it was nice to see some "detective" work from Batman but this was a little too CSI (as in totally fake with a fancy lab that doesn't really do anything) for me. I don't see how that's possible. The heat and impact from a bullet would totally destroy any oil patterns left from fingers.

I didn't like that bullet and finger print thing... but maybe I misunderstood something. The Joker actually anticipated that Batman would arrive before the police, steal a hunk of the wall from a crime scene, and have the equipment capable of reconstructing a fingerprint he planted. That seems like a pretty long shot. I didn't let it bother me too much though because it wasn't too integral to the plot in the end. All it did was set Batman up for a potential death at the hand of snipers although I guess it was also important in causing the distraction Joker used to take his shot at the Mayor.

he did that when he figured out which cop was likely to have been turned by the Joker. And it was implied that Bruce also figured out the mob/HK connection as well and that was why he brought evil chinese man over to gotham in the first place.

Yeah, it was nice to see some "detective" work from Batman but this was a little too CSI (as in totally fake with a fancy lab that doesn't really do anything) for me. I don't see how that's possible. The heat and impact from a bullet would totally destroy any oil patterns left from fingers.

Fair enough; I'll concede those points (and the stuff that eugi just posted too!).

But we definitely need to see the Detective truly doing his thing. Yes, it's fun to see Batman kicking people's asses. But it's also pretty sweet when he shows his opponents just how deadly smart he is.

Stuff like in the animated Justice League series where some foreign dude is spouting off in his obscure native tongue that Batman doesn't even understand him and can never break him for info.

......Batman simply busts out the dude's native language, and tells him flat out (in the foreign language), "YOU WILL TALK." B))

At the end of dark knight batman is on the run. (second season of prison break :D) So that's why I think it would be cool to make a third movie about him doing some more training in learning how to escape from things.

See it would be like batman begins where he got his training in martial arts from League of shadows. But this is where he starts inventing more low tech gimmicks like the smoke balls to escape being seen, or the usage of tracers to plant in people's pockets (to spy on them) or in an enemies hideout. In dark knight we already saw he had to modify his suit to allow more mobility and speed. (downgrade in armor but a boost in sneakiness and movement) He's going to need to use his brain more.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

lol now that is funny. I am tired of all this speculation because that is all it is. No one knows what or who will be in the next film and the casting choices are just annoying now. How about we wait for more info to come out. Nolan is probably so burnt out right now he could care less about it all. It is what happened after Batman Begins, he felt drained so he didn't really start on anything for like a year or so as far as Batman is concernd.

Bad ass. Saw it for the third time last night!!!

Just as good as the first and second time. It truly is a complete movie, really hope two face comes back tho.

The face sculpt is lot closer to ledger's face in that version.

Agreed!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie