The Dark Knight Thread

Read that...guess mom and sis must be his biggest critics. seriously, if it's true, I hope he gets a little justice, as Hollywood types always seem to slide right out of these situations without any repercussions. I hope it doesn't hurt the film, as it was excellent.

I didn't really care for any of the 80's and 90's Batman movies, esp Schumacher's neon, campy tragedies. Unlike most, i didn't care for Nicholson..while he played the "crazy" ok in some parts ( you are a vicious bastard, Anton, and I'm glad you're dead ), ultimately his performance felt like a performance to me. Furthermore, Jack's chubby and the prosthetics used to make his smile just looked terrible. Batman Returns' script was, to me, inappropriately ribald and inappropriate for a PG movie. Some of the lines, esp Penguin's, just made me cringe. I liked Pfeifer's take on Catwoman and her interaction with Keaton, but again, I think the script was the weakest part of what could have been a far better movie. However, I'm glad Tim Burton renewed the franchise with a darker take on the franchise, as all most kids my age knew of Batman was the ridiculously camp 60's series and the Superfriends, where he lost his utility belt in nearly every episode rendering him useless.

I hated Carrey's riddler...i don't even think they gave him a script, but gave him free reign to say or do whatever he felt like doing. Jones did a terrible Two-Face, seeming, to me, only to compete with Carrey for laughs. If not for the campy script and neon, I think Arnold could have played a better Freeze.

I'm glad the Nolans are helming the new darker, more realistic take on Batman. These are good movies, not just good superhero movies.

what he said. not a big fan of the Tim Burton... Pfeiffer was great though.

Ummm... It may be me, but I didn't realize that Batman had tits in the movie.

They just went from small in the movie to bigger on the toy. I mean it's coming from Japan, so what do you expect? They slap giant knockers on everything. I still think that overall its cool looking interpretation of batman.

Reference image of the costume from the movie...

http://hidef.com/images/media/news_images/...atman-joker.jpg

And I think the Gotham Public Works cosplayer is the hottest Catwoman. Just check out their site for some pics...Meow! I still want my Harley Quinn in a movie dangit!

Edited by protostar8

ok spoilers .. seeing that i've seen it 3 times two in imax.. and seeing it a 4th time.. since the bat begins blu ray has a coupon..

I figured out that when nolan sait there 4 scenes filmed in imax that wasnt entirely true there are several little scenes that was shot in imax also

joker bank robber I think it was pretty much the whole 6 mins

first shot of the hong kong city scape

bruce wayne helmeting up and shooting time bombs,on top of hong kong building jumping. suprinsingly enough inside Lau's building not in imax. When the windows get blown all of the shots from outside the bulding until batman and lau is in the plane is in imax

birds eye view of the first establislhg shot of the police march

I think the entire harvey dent transport scene up to joker captured by gordon saving batman was in imax

batman infront of the burned building where Rachel died.

Batman in hospital giving coin to Harvey.

I think not sure.. Michael Cain reading Rachel's letter might have been

bruce wayne first driving scene with the lambourgini

Bruce wayne speeding and the moment of impact of the truck hitting the lambougini

joker outside of the hospital where the hospital was already blowing up to showing the whole hospital blowing up. scenes just involving Mike Engel getting in the bus werent in imax.

The sonar scenes when batman is inside the building where joker is calling the shots to explode the two ferrys.

it starts imaxing all the way the moment the hostages dress as joker clowns where standing and about to get shot it becomes full blown imax until the joker is hoisted up by batman's grappler.

Gordon racing down after batman fell saving gordons' son

Gordons closing words to his son as batman flees

scenes I thought should have been in imax also..but werent.

batman's first meeting with joker "youre gonna love me" scene to rachel falling and batman diving and softening her landing.

Interrogation room wasnt in imax with batman and joker

When joker is hoisted upside down with joker saying that what happens when you have an unstoppable object hitting an immovable object and harvey being his ace in the hole.

Things I noticed.

Bruce wayne is so in character as batman that he still speaks batman speaking to lucious while in full suit.

Sonar technology makes so much sense since adding more bat to the batman.

I think nolan purposely made joker make a mistake in telling batman that since bats has refuse to reveal his identity that 5 men died. It was actually six as mentioned by Detective Stephens..which the joker may have realize he told bats on five.

the batman wannabe Brian douglas

Commissioner Gillian B. Loeb

Judge Surrillo

the two people who's last name create Harvey Dent

the cop who got shot point blank by shotgun when we first see joker inside a truck

possible 7 the cop or person who dropped when the elevator opened in when the joker was barging in harvey's fundraiser.. but that guy looked like Wuertz

what im not still able to fully account for was 5 which gordon mentioned harvey dent has killed

Gordon mention 2 were cops.

Detective Wuertz

Salvatore Maroni

Maroni Driver

possibilities to make it 5.

2nd cop , was the one going to get harvey out of the prison but was shot by the joker. if it was the same gun that the joker use and gave to harvey.

the 2nd cop could actually be det. Ramirez, but not killed by harvey's gun. but harvey says she lives again another day.

Harvey might have killed the bartender. since it was so close quarters with

a 2nd maroni goon? possible a riding shotgun?

could he have found the joker thug wearing rachel dawes badge?

things i still im curious about.. knowing that the back wheel of the batpod is hidden inside of the tumbler. is the only ejection for the batpod is the left side. or can the batpod eject from the right since the batpod is using the front wheel of the tumber.

or was both front wheels of the tumber is the batpod's .. i dont think i see both wheels after the tumbler ejected..

pretty sloppy of bruce meeting the apartment of the thugh he made the virtual print of as bruce wayne and not even wearing gloves

touching the telescope.

*SPOILERS FROM ABOVE*

Harvey might have killed the bartender. since it was so close quarters with

a 2nd maroni goon? possible a riding shotgun?

SPOILERS

I've only seen the movie once but i could have swore there were 2 goons that got in the car with Maroni. At least there were two before he got in the car.

Yeah so with the 2 Cops (even though Ramirez supposedly got lucky?) and Maroni and the 2 Goons that comes out to 5 kills for Dent.

Edited by Veritas

Oooh, look at this awesome little toy. Anyone know what the cheapest English friendly place to order these from is?

Movie Realization Batman and Bat-Pod

http://www.amiami.com/shop?vgForm=ProductI...ate=review.html

Oh thanks alot..now I 100.00 poorer.. :lol:

BBTS.com has these up for preorder for 99.99. HLJ stopped taking preorders.

Dad of the year here...another POS..at least the kid is alive.

POS Dad leaves son in car to see TDK

Guest sh002

to answer some of southpaw's questions above

there is a black cop looking for his partner when the hospital is cleared out. the joker shoots the cop but that's 2 cops unaccounted for plus the cop at the bar.

both front wheels of the tumbler fold out to make the batpod. you see it quickly in the film.

Edited by sh002

http://deseretnews.com/user/comments/1,515...0244860,00.html

Lesson next time to fathers who want to see the dark knight while leaving kids in the car:

tint your windows, put the baby in the boot with the air conditioner turned on. :p Oh and don't lock your doors or close the windows. That way whoever wants to steal the car can do so very easily.

Er this article is a little strange..

hot temp, but it was night time.

The baby could not be removed because windows were rolled up (but why would you want to make it easy for strangers to remove the baby?)

People noticed the baby....wait, so someone was hanging around the car for a loooong time at midnight? This is when most people are in bed sleeping. Maybe the baby was alseep too?

I think this is one of those articles written so you click it to raise hits to the site. Not trying to defend the selfish parent, (assuming the story is true) but it seems like the headline was worded in a sensationalist-style to capitilise on the new movies buzz. Sort of like when a game like GTA just comes out you the media starts printing out more anti-gta stories to shock people. You click the link, lots of traffic to the website, translating into $ as ads load up. Sure there will always be irresponsible parents, but notice how they just have to mention the dark knight as if that had something to do with it?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

http://deseretnews.com/user/comments/1,515...0244860,00.html

Lesson next time to fathers who want to see the dark knight while leaving kids in the car:

tint your windows, put the baby in the boot with the air conditioner turned on. :p Oh and don't lock your doors or close the windows. That way whoever wants to steal the car can do so very easily.

Er this article is a little strange..

hot temp, but it was night time.

The baby could not be removed because windows were rolled up (but why would you want to make it easy for strangers to remove the baby?)

People noticed the baby....wait, so someone was hanging around the car for a loooong time at midnight? This is when most people are in bed sleeping. Maybe the baby was alseep too?

I think this is one of those articles written so you click it to raise hits to the site. Not trying to defend the selfish parent, (assuming the story is true) but it seems like the headline was worded in a sensationalist-style to capitilise on the new movies buzz. Sort of like when a game like GTA just comes out you the media starts printing out more anti-gta stories to shock people. You click the link, lots of traffic to the website, translating into $ as ads load up. Sure there will always be irresponsible parents, but notice how they just have to mention the dark knight as if that had something to do with it?

cars get hot at night, especially when you have a 30 lbs baby running 98 degrees, using up all the oxygen. Oh, and then there's some of the heat of the engine conducting and radiating into the cab.

edit: and babies run hot, they're usually bundled up and because of their small size, have a hard time dissipating excess heat or generating heat if they get too cold.

Oh, and he's 2 years old, if he woke up in the middle of the night, strapped into a car seat without someone around him, he would have freaked the hell out.

edit: actually, I think if anyone woke up a 3am and was strapped into the seat of a car with no one around and no way to get out and sucking on their own carbon dioxide, they would freak out.

This guy should be sterilized, a complete idiot.

Edited by eugimon

The boy was thirsty when officers arrived, but otherwise unharmed.

^

I don't think he should go to jail and have the kid grow up without a father. Yes americans can be a little seflish, ignorant of danger (homer simpson style dad?) but not all of them are cruel people. If I were to guess, it wasn't out of cruelty to the child to leave them there but the genuine belief that it wouldn't have killed the child.

Why not work to prevent these things through education instead of overfilling your prisons with ordinary people? I think you will save lots of money and lives that way. He may be stupid, not the perfect parent, but he is still his dad. I don't believe the media's hype that all parents are necessarily the sadistic monsters they paint them out to be. Humans are just imperfect. Parents make mistakes, don't see dangers where others do, and may live a busy lifestyle so they are tired or can't afford to hire a babysitter or put them in child care. That doesn't mean they are necessarily cruel and sadistic. (ie intending to hurt the child on purpose) That is just the hype of the media.

They could print what the dad had to say in self defence of his actions but you only hear one side of the story. I would like to hear what he was thinking at the time.

And I don't like that they had to name the title of the movie, as if this had anything to do with it. It just has this "oh let's blame these movies for the parent's stupidity and sue sue sue" vibe going for it rather than focusing on the action of the parent.. You don't have to name The Dark Knight in the headline. Honestly, who cares what movie it was?

^

I don't think he should go to jail and have the kid grow up without a father. Yes americans can be a little seflish, ignorant of danger (homer simpson style dad?) but not all of them are cruel people. If I were to guess, it wasn't out of cruelty to the child to leave them there but the genuine belief that it wouldn't have killed the child.

Why not work to prevent these things through education instead of overfilling your prisons with ordinary people? I think you will save lots of money and lives that way. He may be stupid, not the perfect parent, but he is still his dad. I don't believe the media's hype that all parents are necessarily the sadistic monsters they paint them out to be. Humans are just imperfect. Parents make mistakes, don't see dangers where others do, and may live a busy lifestyle so they are tired or can't afford to hire a babysitter or put them in child care. That doesn't mean they are necessarily cruel and sadistic. (ie intending to hurt the child on purpose) That is just the hype of the media.

They could print what the dad had to say in self defence of his actions but you only hear one side of the story. I would like to hear what he was thinking at the time.

And I don't like that they had to name the title of the movie, as if this had anything to do with it. It just has this "oh let's blame these movies for the parent's stupidity and sue sue sue" vibe going for it rather than focusing on the action of the parent.. You don't have to name The Dark Knight in the headline.

No, I'm sorry, but a parent who would leave their 2 year old, locked up in a car, in the middle of the night in a parking lot while he watched a movie, doesn't deserve to be a parent anymore. The point is, he wasn't thinking, at least he wasn't thinking of the child. This guy could have gone to see the movie on any of the nights when he didn't have custody. But rather than wait a day or two, decides to leave his baby in car? overnight? I mean, even if the car was a safe and nurturing environment for a 2 year old, what about the risk of a kidnapping?

I dunno, maybe whatever part of the world you're from is full of safe and loving people who would never harm a child (and please let me know where that is so I can talk to my wife about moving there) but here in America.. gods, just log into cnn.com. Just the other day there was some bride to be who left her kid in her SUV while she got her nails done. There's some other mom who police think killed her own kid and has been lying about it. There was a deranged lunatic who cut a baby out of her friend and tried to pass it off as her own. No my friend, america isn't a safe place for a 2 year old left alone at 2am.

And to tie this back into the thread... and this is why we need a real Batman.

Not saying that they don't exist. But where things like this can be prevented, you can find a better solution than putting them in jail: just educate people about the dnagers of leaving children in a car alone. Awareness. He is still the child's dad. We can't assume he is the "cruel baby killer" you read about, (the news is mostly coverage of bad news so your constant exposure to it makes you biased) just the negligent parent as opposed to a cruel parent. (ie the sadistic and loony types)

I'm not against jailing the truly psycho people, but there is a fine line between a negligent parent, (who is mostly good most of the time and isn't out to deliberately harm the child, even if their own ignorance might accidentally lead to it) and a crazed child killer, you know what I'm saying? If an ignorant and young defenceless girl is walking in the park and gets mugged and raped by a crazed killer is it her fault for not knowing of the dangers due to being stupid? No it's not. Education, awareness and prevention of this happening again is more effective than playing the "point the finger" game which doesn't really do anything. "oh let's mention batman in the headline so that we have some scape goat to lay blame on" is how I'm thinking they decided to go with the story. What relevance does Dark Knight have? None. Focus on actions of the parent in your story. Help solve the problem. Teach the stupid (through boosting their awareness) how to avoid the danger rather than imprisoning people. Not all negligence is necesarily down to deliberate abuse.

I'm not defending the actions of real psychos, loons, stupidity of parents, just saying that I wish they wouldn't try to sensationlise the story by mentioning popular movies, games, and other things which have no relevence to the actions of the individuals who do the stupid things.

"Oh the innocent young girl that got raped and mugged in the middle of the night on a saturday was on her way to go and see the latest Batman movie which involves stories about killers and robbers and masked vigilates"... err so subtle...but it's there: movies are to blame. "The title was named "The Dark Knight" so maybe she would have seen it during the "The Bright Sunny Day" when it would have been more safe if they renamed the movie." :p "The REAL lunatics only come out at night time on a full moon when people are at their height of craziness." blah blah blah [insert more irrelevent stuff in the article to pad it]

Not saying that they don't exist. But where things like this can be prevented, you can find a better solution than putting them in jail: just educate people about the dnagers of leaving children in a car alone. Awareness. He is still the child's dad. We can't assume he is the "cruel baby killer" you read about, (the news is mostly coverage of bad news so your constant exposure to it makes you biased) just the negligent parent as opposed to a cruel parent. (ie the sadistic and loony types)

I'm not against jailing the truly psycho people, but there is a fine line between a negligent parent, (who is mostly good most of the time and isn't out to deliberately harm the child, even if their own ignorance might accidentally lead to it) and a crazed child killer, you know what I'm saying?

I get what you're saying, and in most cases I agree with you. But the rules change when you're responsible for the life of another. And honestly, knowing not to lock your infant up in a car in the middle of the night by himself shouldn't be something that needs to be taught... like don't feed honey to kids under 1 years old. At some point, common sense and the ability to think out a situation needs to come into play.

But then again, I think it's crazy that you need to prove you're a responsible pet owner before you can get a dog or cat from the pound but any two idiots can bring a baby into the world.

But then again, I think it's crazy that you need to prove you're a responsible pet owner before you can get a dog or cat from the pound but any two idiots can bring a baby into the world.

Here here. I happen to think that pets deserve the same empathy as our fellow humans, but an f-ed up human can cause a lot more harm than an f-ed up kitteh. Didn't read the article, but was this in Florida? Sounds like something that would happen around here...

Anyway...

Damn, this was a good movie. Fantastic thrill ride from start to finish. What a shame that Heath Ledger is gone; he certainly blew Nicholson out of the water and may have overtaken Mark Hammill in my mind. I'll have to watch Mask of the Phantasm again, just to be sure.

I did have a couple of issues with it though:

1) The virtual fingerprint thing. Seriously? That was a little far-fetched.

2) The sonar goggles. I get what they were doing, but I got a little bored with it after a while. I did like how Lucius wasn't going to walk into the bat-analogy, though.

3) My wife and I are from Chicago. Ordinarily, we love when a movie is shot there, because it's fun picking out exactly where they are (Fugitive, FTW!) However, in TDK, it's not supposed to BE Chicago. Yet, we have Gotham City Hall shot within the Daley Center (city hall); Scottish-style funeral parades for city officials in front of the Board of Trade; ferries leaving from Navy Pier; barricaded bridges across the Chicago River; the Joker getting slammed up against a sign that says LaSalle Plaza; and a car chase on Lower Wacker Dr that proceeds into a shopping mall. At that last one, we were both humming the Blues Brothers soundtrack. Now, admittedly, most of the world won't have this problem; but I think they could have disguised the skyline a little - if I recall, it looked different in Begins. At LEAST change the street names for cryin out loud. :rolleyes:

/rant

But that doesn't change the fact that it was a frackin' great movie. I just lost my suspension of disbelief for a bit and snickered my way through the bitchin' car chase.

Edited by Kelsain

Great movie not as fun as Iron Man but better movie over all.

Thing the freaked me out about Heath's Joker as how he licked his scars while he talked. I thought Harvey survived. Eric Roberts talked earlier about how falling from a similar height wouldn't kill some one. Plus I could have swore I saw Harvey's chest moving. Music was loud and drowned out the dialog.

Great movie not as fun as Iron Man but better movie over all.

Thing the freaked me out about Heath's Joker as how he licked his scars while he talked. I thought Harvey survived. Eric Roberts talked earlier about how falling from a similar height wouldn't kill some one. Plus I could have swore I saw Harvey's chest moving. Music was loud and drowned out the dialog.

Yeah i thought of that too, we could be lucky and see him back, who knows. I thought it was a bad waste of 3rd movie potential at the least.

But i have only seen it once, did they (bats/gordon) actually say he was dead? or just gone (as in psychotic nothing left of harvey gone). :lol:

Ahh annoying they knocked him off, he would have been perfect in the next movie, what have we got now is either that time guy or riddler.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Yeah i thought of that too, we could be lucky and see him back, who knows. I thought it was a bad waste of 3rd movie potential at the least.

But i have only seen it once, did they (bats/gordon) actually say he was dead? or just gone (as in psychotic nothing left of harvey gone). :lol:

Ahh annoying they knocked him off, he would have been perfect in the next movie, what have we got now is either that time guy or riddler.

well they did seem to have come out with a press release that Harvey is officially dead, hence the tribute to him at the end. but this doesn't rule out the possibility that there's a massive cover up regarding the status of "two-face" Harvey. For all we know, Harvey Dent is legally dead, but "two-face" is alive and locked up in Arhkam.

Yeah, which also fuels my desire to see deleted/extended scenes on the dvd release... is it out soon? I'm sure we'll hear about it soon enough, i just think they are without the best actor/villian since joker, and we can't haev another joker movie straight after, more like in 5/several years time.

BRING BACK TWO-FACE! plus alfred knows about the love/breakup letter... could be used in the new movie.

plus alfred knows about the love/breakup letter... could be used in the new movie.

Dear god almighty, noooo!!! we'd have an-all out fight between batman and two-face arguing over who among them rachel dawes loved more. cheese! while we all thought her character was dead, her specter will still haunt movie 3. yikes! :lol:

Just picked up one of the 3" Batman 2-packs with Batman and the Joker. I've been seeing them for weeks now, but I never picked one up because, well, they look terrible. I decided to get the small scale Bat tumbler and of course needed a Batman to drive it (regardless of what Stan Lee may say, the Thing does not fit in the Batmobile!) so I picked up the two-pack. I have to say, the Joker figure has some awesome old-fasioned 1980's action figure funk going on. He looks nothing like the Joker from the movie, although there is something there that kind of does capture Heath Ledger's Joker. The articulation is horrible, the paint is crappy and it looks like a pimp that would hang out at the Mos Eisley cantina with telescoping-saber Luke, Walrus Man and Hammerhead, but something about it appeals to me.

The Batman figure has a much better likeness and sculpt, and slightly better articulation, but I almost wish it was as crappy as the Joker figure. Soften the sculpt and replace his fabric cape with a vinyl cape from a vintage Darth Vader and he'd be perfect. :D

Anyone else like these little guys or did I just inhale too much bus exhaust today?

Edited by eriku

Guest sh002

didn't find these when i went to stores. the batman should be in scale with the 1/18 diecast hotwheels tumbler. only reason i want to get it.

didn't find these when i went to stores. the batman should be in scale with the 1/18 diecast hotwheels tumbler. only reason i want to get it.

Hmm...I didn't know about the Hot Wheels one. Does it have an opening cockpit to accomidate a figure?

Guest sh002

yep the cockpit opens. its more of a model so you might have to customize the figure to fit. the 1/18 1966 and tim burton batmobiles are cool too.