Babylon 5 - The Lost Tales

wwwmwww

I did a search and didn't see this topic turn up. I'm surprised.

Anyways... There is more B5 coming.

Here is the press release:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7217

Here is the box art:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7211

IPB Image

And its now available for pre-order over at amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Babylon-5-The-Lost-T...5926&sr=1-1

JMS has said if this one does well there will be even more. And I'd say the odds of that are very good at the moment. The DVD is now ranked #5 and its only been on sale for 2 days with no real advertising.

IPB Image

I wonder what the record is at Amazon.com for a DVD that is still using the "No image available" picture. I'd be willing to bet this is it.

One very happy B5 fan,

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

I'm as big a fanboy as anyone, but 24.98 for 75 minutes and only a single bonus feature?

Pass.

I'll wait for the collection.

If everyone thinks that way, there never will be a collection because no more Lost Tales will be produced. The only reason we even have B5 on DVD in its entirety is because lots of people bought that junky DVD with In the Beginning and The Gathering. If people waited for a movie collection, they'd be waiting for an eternity because it wouldn't have happened. Besides, as can be seen from Amazon, their price is $16.99. That's hardly a wallet breaker, and it's a small price to pay for more B5.

Edited by ChrisG

Wow, that's awesome. After the death of Crusade and Legend of the Rangers, I didn't think we'd ever see any more. It'd be nice if they wrapped up Crusade at least. They're even bringing Galen back. ^_^

Though B5 will never be the same without G'kar.

Still, I'm getting it.

If everyone thinks that way, there never will be a collection because no more Lost Tales will be produced. The only reason we even have B5 on DVD in its entirety is because lots of people bought that junky DVD with In the Beginning and The Gathering. If people waited for a movie collection, they'd be waiting for an eternity because it wouldn't have happened. Besides, as can be seen from Amazon, their price is $16.99. That's hardly a wallet breaker, and it's a small price to pay for more B5.

I suggest that you go and look up the various related articles with Lost Tale as part of it's subject. This is HIS personal project with money not being as big an issue as you may think. Also you should go and re-watch the interviews attached to the dvd collection because it made more money in DVD format than it did during it's tv run.

Really now if people won't touch an anime boxed set that has over 400 minutes on it when it's priced more than 50 dollars. Those same people sure as hell won't pay 75-100 bucks for 4 single story's at around 300 minutes with incredibly little bonus features.

Besides there is NOTHING guaranteeing the story's quality other than the names involved and it's title. With TV shows & movies you have a very good idea of what you are getting.

Nice. I'm a huge Babylon 5 fan and while the price is a bit high I'm sure some place will have it on sale. Though this might be one of the few times where I pay the full price. Though by July, hopefull I'll have gotten a few interviews in and finally have a job so I won't have to worry about price to much then.

It's not about the value of the DVD compared to mainstream commercial releases. It's about fans supporting a great fledgling franchise that struggles for every dollar.

This is like the first B5 in half a decade. Support it and hopefully you'll get more. The Firefly fans can only WISH they could have more material post-Serenity.

Edited by ComicKaze

• 1 month later...

Here's a question, my season 1 set didn't come with an insert booklet like the other 4 seasons, is that common?

All B5 boxed sets have the same identical treatment and the extras that are in it are great and in depth.

-------

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG! That trailer is incredibly sweet looking! And the StarFuries look even more awsome!!!

Edited by chrono