The Gurren Lagann Thread.

Well I wrote "even if he did" pilot it earlier - not that he did. I generally never got the impression that he did - rather - as I think I wrote - I got the impression that he got in the Gunman the first time and, under the emotional desire to protect his village, managed to work it.

This is not far fetched. Remember that Simon - with the same emotions - managed to get Gurren to work in episode 1 also.

Piloting Gunmen isn't really a hard thing to do - unless you're a manic-depressive.

I guess I can see how someone might think the Priest is not Rossiu's dad - and I suppose for the sake of argumentation, I can even imagine that he is Rossiu's gay lover.

But I can also imagine that I'm married to Yoko, who, after the last episode, stepped out of the TV screen - like the little girl from the Ring - only instead of horribly killing me, she told me that she decided on a new dream reality with me and we'll live happily ever after.

That doesn't make it so (unfortunately) :)

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. I've waited long enough. WHERE ARE THE TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN DESIGNER SUNGLASSES THAT JUST NEED TO BE MADE!?

I mean seriously - isn't it just such an obvious product? Why would they NOT make them?

I really want some.

Pete

Ok. I've waited long enough. WHERE ARE THE TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN DESIGNER SUNGLASSES THAT JUST NEED TO BE MADE!?

I mean seriously - isn't it just such an obvious product? Why would they NOT make them?

I really want some.

Pete

Because clumsy otaku would poke their eyes out. B))

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Vostok 7

I was thinking about going as Kamina for last halloween with the cape, tats and shades, and instead of a gunman ride up on my chopper. Then I remembered the Incredibles and that capes are not safe. :lol:

Edited by jwinges

I was thinking about going as Kamina for last halloween with the cap, tats and shades, and instead of a gunman ride up on my chopper. Then I remembered the Incredibles and that capes are not save. :lol:

coupled by the fact that walking around in canada at the end of october shirtless in a cape would cause hypothermia would at least guarantee a cold

Say hello to Fraulein Yoko "Movie Edition".

-bigger tits

-Boota that can FIT in those bigger tits

-movie weapons

-different head/hair sculpts

-did I mention she has bigger tits?

10da4cm.jpg

1soco5.jpg

nice "movie verison"! w/ boota and more guns!... i still prefer her hair tied up.

i still wish they'd make the mature Yoko w/ black jacket and thigh-high boots (like Alter Yoko but in action figure form)... and throw in her gunbee while they're at it... ^_^

1233303122332yq8.jpg

(credit image to testrun of a local board)

Edited by m0n5t3r

found this - LINK

i think it says its limited...

"フロイラインリボルテック「ヨーコ劇場版」前売券セットアニメイト限定Ver. が2月6日より予約が開始になります。"

Babel fish translation - "Sale ticket [setsutoanimeito] limitation Ver of [huroirainriborutetsuku] “[yoko] theater edition” front. From February 6th reservation it becomes start."

i'm just guessing but it might be limited to people who watched "紅蓮篇" - Crimson lotus volume GL movie last year... or to people who will be watching the 2nd installment this April?????

... but i want one! :angry:

The movie version does look nice. I like the new "eyes" and the Boota figure and the new gun. The new hair does not do it for me so it is cool that it comes with the hair up too. I will probably get one. I already have 2 of the first release.

And, yeah, where can I watch the movie? I wanna see that!

from ngee khiong Revo Fraulein Yoko Movie Ver.

Full content:

* Super Conductive Rifle x 1

* Sub machine gun x 1

* Hidden handgun x 1

* Hair stick x 2

* Face option x 1

* Hair option x 1

* Hand option x 9

* Display Base x 1

150mm tall, 19 points of articulation. 1st May release, 2,500 Yen (inclusive of tax).

For those who can't wait till May 1st, Kaiyodo has another option for you: a special advance sales version of this Revoltech Fraulein for Movie Version Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: Face Chapter. This advance sales version will come with Boota the mole pig. However, this will only be a mail-order only limited edition. Pre-order starts February 6th, and release date is early April (one month before the regular version). The price is 4,000 Yen (inclusive of tax).

...good thing i already have boota... ^_^

Edited by m0n5t3r

The english Dubs are on DVD right now at stores everywhere, try Amazon.com.

The sci-fi dubs were different than the DVD dubs.

Horse crap & cow crap are different, and yet still crap.

• 2 weeks later...

Superb. I don't really understand anything about the description though; except the part about it being based on episode 26, deep penetration and her gap.

But really - what more is there to want to know? :)

Pete

Teacher Yoko has been around for a while. It's a nice sculpt, of course, but I personally never liked the get up. And no - not because it's so conservative - mainly because it's rather unimaginative and a tad TOO cartoony...

The Bounty Hunter Yoko rules :)

As for ripped nylons Yoko - well - honestly I never liked ripped stockings ("lip my stocking! lick my stocking!" - Lost in Translation, with Bill Murray comes to mind here :) )... And...yeah...Yoko suddenly looks like she has thunder thighs with those ripped stockings.

So - out of the three, I'm sticking to Bounty Hunter... not to mention the 1/5 Yoko from GIFT which is utterly gorgeous.

Pete

OK so there are two new Preorders up on HLJ and I am assuming they are for these two new figures above (not the teacher version)....

So does anyone know which is which?

I am thinking that these are going to sell out at preorder and I want to jump on the opportunity.

If anyone knows which is which from the links below please reply here. . .

http://hlj.com/product/ALT20215

http://hlj.com/product/KBYPP-321