CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

If the TREAD and Legioss could connect via the chest/arm boom, then the connection would be more secure. My main grip with Toynami's linkeage was that since they made the Alpha and then the Beta they probably won't connect that way either (making the Alpha "seat" on the craddle like the CMs does), but I don't understand why CMs' don't connect at the chest either: The two toys were designed together. I want to like this toy, honest, but I can't help to feel like CMs is trying to swindle me.

Just got the legioss beta combo!!!

LMFAO at the ones still creaming over the pictures that dont have one yet.

LMFAO at the ones that want one but cant because its too expensive.

LMFAO at the ones that say it sucks but in reality they just cant afford it.

Nice first post, Joe Six Pack <_<

Ewww USC :p Bruins all the WAY UCLA!!!

It sucks man, all these toys are way too expensive for me to afford :( If only I could some day have a job where I could buy all the toys I wanted. Man, if I could do that I would totally set up a website and give people non-partial reviews of what I thought of each toy. That's why I felt BBTS was a more trustworthy source than a Toynami rep... 'cause I just can't afford anything over $79.99! It's a shame, but at least I have the important things in life like college football to keep me going and hey, at least we have that in common.

USC FD, could you post some pictures of the MPC Alpha trying to connect to the CMs Tread? If you could do one from beneath that'd be great. I'd like to see how far off the two are from linking up.

It sucks man, all these toys are way too expensive for me to afford :( If only I could some day have a job where I could buy all the toys I wanted. Man, if I could do that I would totally set up a website and give people non-partial reviews of what I thought of each toy. That's why I felt BBTS was a more trustworthy source than a Toynami rep... 'cause I just can't afford anything over $79.99! It's a shame, but at least I have the important things in life like college football to keep me going and hey, at least we have that in common.

USC FD, could you post some pictures of the MPC Alpha trying to connect to the CMs Tread? If you could do one from beneath that'd be great. I'd like to see how far off the two are from linking up.

i may put pics up. but you are gonna have to wait. I'll see......

Thanks for the links to the pics.

I'll give the guy credit: he definitely knows how to pose out both the Legioss and Tread. The poses are quite dynamic and impressive.

With that said, the compromises/flaws are still pretty apparent on both of the birds. I'll just mention the ones that haven't been pointed out recently:

• * The Legioss head can't be moved to look left or right.

* The Legioss legs/feet have to be splayed out for the fighter combo mode.

* The overhead missile rack on the Tread doesn't go down completely in bomber mode.

Thanks to all you folks who are buying these and giving us your reviews here. I may not like the combo at the price they're selling it for, but I still appreciate the feedback and info.

Scream man, overdrive-inc still has them for like $270 USD shipped via EMS for the blue guy. The green guy is going to run you an extra $140!!!!

I'll wait until I have one in hand but I thought it was said that the hips had been modded to make them more poseable in the previous gallery. Even so, hips are only half the battle, you have to have more poseable feet in order to really pull that off. Then, add that all together and you can come up with a super sweet pose... only to realize you can't have the friggin head angle to see over it's too tall shoulders and I'm thinking this toy is on pretty much equal setting with the MPC. I can't believe in this day and age CMs couldn't figure out a way to design a head that turned... on a $300 toy!

270 is still almost 290 oz, and still not worth it. Im happy with the MPC. Ill have 3 soon, and wait for the blue Alpha/Beta MPC to round it out.

With that said, the compromises/flaws are still pretty apparent on both of the birds. I'll just mention the ones that haven't been pointed out recently:
  • * The Legioss head can't be moved to look left or right.

* The Legioss legs/feet have to be splayed out for the fighter combo mode.

* The overhead missile rack on the Tread doesn't go down completely in bomber mode.

Heh, Mog, you really hadn't been following. These had been listed way before; the leg and rack items during the photo period, and the head shortly after the first few releases arrived.

As for the troll, why feed it? *shrug*

Okay Mine arrived today and I am playing with the legioss right now. 1st impressions. Wow. This toy is light. I mean light light. Lighter than the macbook air light. So light I think I can suspend it in the air, take my hand away and expect it to float there light. Okay that was an exageration. But it is light. However the toy feels solidly built in armo-soldier mode.

I won't comment on the apearance of the toy, as it has been talked to death. The only thing I will say is the finish is good. Its not as plasticky as some photos make it out to look. Why wasn't the ride armor molded with a similar finish?

The legs joints are all racheted, as are the chest intakes. Sadly its true that the this toy is a bit of a floppy mess in fighter mode. Oh it looks alright once you get it there, minus the large leg gap and the knees that stick out a little to far, but keeping it that way can be frustrating.

I'll have some pics up this afternoon.

Oh, and these toys are tampo'd up the wazoo. Nice touch and certainly adds to the final look of the toy.

Edited by GobotFool

Okay Mine arrived today and I am playing with the legioss right now. 1st impressions. Wow. This toy is light. I mean light light. Lighter than the macbook air light. So light I think I can suspend it in the air, take my hand away and expect it to float there light. Okay that was an exageration. But it is light. However the toy feels solidly built in armo-soldier mode.

I won't comment on the apearance of the toy, as it has been talked to death. The only thing I will say is the finish is good. Its not as plasticky as some photos make it out to look. Why wasn't the ride armor molded with a similar finish?

The legs joints are all racheted, as are the chest intakes. Sadly its true that the this toy is a bit of a floppy mess in fighter mode. Oh it looks alright once you get it there, minus the large leg gap and the knees that stick out a little to far, but keeping it that way can be frustrating.

I'll have some pics up this afternoon.

Oh, and these toys are tampo'd up the wazoo. Nice touch and certainly adds to the final look of the toy.

Ah, I'm happy to hear the intakes are ratcheted as well. Regarding fighter mode, what would you say is the most problematic area as far as holding together? Is it the nose? If so, does there seem to be any way to mod anything to make it tighter in fighter mode? I'm wondering if internal magnets would work since the thing is so light, but I don't know how the toy is put together yet so that idea may be from the valley of unicorns.

About the two-tone Treat cockpit: does this look easy to remove? The blue paint I mean. I think there is only one or two scenes with it like that, and I think it might be an animation error.

If it can be removed easily (i.e. stripped) I think it would improve the look a lot. As it is it makes the Tread look like he has a smiley face.

Ah, I'm happy to hear the intakes are ratcheted as well. Regarding fighter mode, what would you say is the most problematic area as far as holding together? Is it the nose? If so, does there seem to be any way to mod anything to make it tighter in fighter mode? I'm wondering if internal magnets would work since the thing is so light, but I don't know how the toy is put together yet so that idea may be from the valley of unicorns.

The worst part are the wings. Followed by the arms. I really don't see anyway to improves these as they are held togeather by pins. The cockpit locks in place fine, there are two pegs that plug into the top intakes that allow for a secure connection.

About the two-tone Treat cockpit: does this look easy to remove? The blue paint I mean. I think there is only one or two scenes with it like that, and I think it might be an animation error.

If it can be removed easily (i.e. stripped) I think it would improve the look a lot. As it is it makes the Tread look like he has a smiley face.

Sorry to say that the cockpit is molded blue.

Here are some photos. Sorry about the quality, I am in no way a professional photographer.

Armo Soldier

ArmoS1.jpg

ArmoS2.jpg

ArmoS3.jpg

Armo Diver

ArmoD1.jpg

ArmoD2.jpg

Linkup. I was able to improve the link up a good bit. If you bend the link arm upward and have the edge of it catch the crotch vent (you have to fold it down so there is a gap) this allows for the legioss to sit higher and the feet to slide into their proper position on the tread. Sadly because of the poor design of the link arm you have to just let the legioss rest there, and need to angle the whole unit downward to keep the legioss from flopping back, but for those of you who just want to display it in a case a decent link up configuration is possible.

Link2.jpg

Link1.jpg

Link3.jpg

The worst part are the wings. Followed by the arms. I really don't see anyway to improves these as they are held togeather by pins. The cockpit locks in place fine, there are two pegs that plug into the top intakes that allow for a secure connection.

Thanks for the info. I was mostly afraid of a drooping cockpit so it's reassuring to know there are pegs. The wings is kind of a bummer. If it were a cheapie Transformer I might think of tapping the pins out and trying to tighten the joints somehow, but I don't think I'd attempt that with something that's not so cheap or easy to replace if I bash it.

So far the problems I've heard about the CMs don't come anywhere close to the severity of the problems I experienced firsthand with the Toynami, so I'm still very confident that I will enjoy this toy.

:EDIT:

Thanks for the pics! Those have me even more stoked now. That is very, very good news about the linkup mod. I was never very concerned about the linkup myself, but that should make a lot of people happier with this toy that didn't like the 'official' linkup. Great work!

Edited by eriku

Thanks for the info. I was mostly afraid of a drooping cockpit so it's reassuring to know there are pegs. The wings is kind of a bummer. If it were a cheapie Transformer I might think of tapping the pins out and trying to tighten the joints somehow, but I don't think I'd attempt that with something that's not so cheap or easy to replace if I bash it.

So far the problems I've heard about the CMs don't come anywhere close to the severity of the problems I experienced firsthand with the Toynami, so I'm still very confident that I will enjoy this toy.

The QC is rock solid. Most of this toys flaws are a result of odd design choices.

The QC is rock solid. Most of this toys flaws are a result of odd design choices.

Here are some photos. Sorry about the quality, I am in no way a professional photographer.

Armo Soldier

Thanks for the photo, we really just needed some comparisons so no problems there.

Looks like Toynami went for the beefy look and CM went for the sleeker look. From the front it's just stylistic differences really, but the cockpit really hangs low from the back. Quite distracting and I really had to restrain myself from making manhood jokes.

Linkup. I was able to improve the link up a good bit. If you bend the link arm upward and have the edge of it catch the crotch vent (you have to fold it down so there is a gap) this allows for the legioss to sit higher and the feet to slide into their proper position on the tread. Sadly because of the poor design of the link arm you have to just let the legioss rest there, and need to angle the whole unit downward to keep the legioss from flopping back, but for those of you who just want to display it in a case a decent link up configuration is possible.

Link1.jpg

Hey, that looks promising. I'm not a line-art purist, but it looks as though the Legioss-Tlead can look better if the Legioss go back a bit more with the arms into the Tlead's chest sockets. Could the Legioss go back more if the gunpod wasn't there, and the arms closer together?

The two also looks quite small, comparative to your CD rack and letters. Looks like display space won't be such a big concern.

As it is, I think some of us can probably come up with a way to engineer some sort of better linkage. It doesn't look too complicated mechanically, the main problem is how to make it look good aesthetically.

Just saw your fighter pics. At least, no bananas here. :)

Great pics! I'm guessing someone will come up with a decent mod that will allow that arm to keep the Legioss positioned better (like you have it). I like what you did with the rear fins as well.

I'm somewhat tempted to try and contact the guy that Exo got to build his Thunder Hummer and see if he can make a better link carriage. I'm really pissed at CMS because they gave us a link up carriage that was designed to allow the Legioss to be transformed into armosoldier mode while being linked to the tread. While a cool feature, this compromised the link up arm so it sits to low, and is very very ugly because it needed a two bar system to allow for the cockpit to slide through. They should have made two different undercarriages that would have allowed for a really nice link up in fighter config and given us the one they gave us to be used only for the Armosoldier tread link up. This would have solved the spread legs of the legioss, and the ugly official link up mode. I still don't know what they were thinking when they made the fins too long in the rear, but you can fold them to the side like I did and it looks pretty good. Over all I'm divided about this two. Part of me loves it. Its a seriously fun, well made toy, and alone the parts look really nice, I even like the fighter mode of the legioss even with the stupid gap. The only thing that really makes me mad about this sets individual parts is how floppy the legioss is in fighter. But the part of me that wanted an accurate problem free tread legioss link up is a tad disapointed. A good link up is the feature this set should have revolved around, not some lame half mode with the armo soldier using the tread as a booster. (sorry to fans of this mode but except for that one bit of art that keeps getting reposted, I think this mode looks really lame)

OUCH, looks like someone karate chopped your MPC in the back.

It was me....

GobotFool,

THANKS for all the pics and the comments. This turned out to be MUCH better looking that I thought it would. I am VERY happy to hear that the QC is much better than expected as well. THANKS AGAIN. I may have to get one now.

:ph34r:

this guy = ASS.

Sorry guys i know he's gone, but i had to get that off my chest.

Nice pics guys. :)

Just got mine today. After transforming both of the guys I have to say the armo-bomber mode is nice and solid. In addition the tread also has ratchets in the shoulders! However the legioss in fighter mode is really quite disappointing. On mine the wings and arms aren't really the problem. The front of the fighter mode doesn't lock in on mine, the two pegs simply aren't enough in my opinion. For those of you guys who have the set could do you guys have any tips on how to make the front more secure?

this guy = ASS.

Sorry guys i know he's gone, but i had to get that off my chest.

Nice pics guys. :)

I was feeling the same way and just decided to be nice and ignore that fool.

:ph34r: