CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

Probably because companies don't usually show off their toys upside-down.

Imagine if Hot Wheels displayed their latest Batmobile like this at Toy Fair:

batmobilevp1.jpg

Go to with Jenius' analogy about girls, some folks here seem awfully concerned about seeing this one's taint.

Apples and oranges. Besides, I wasn't referring to officially released photos, but snap shots taken by fans at trade shows where the items are on display, and specially where people are allowed to get close, and sometimes personal, with them.

@SaveRobotech: No problem; it's kind of a shame but one can't be expected to remember everything, specially when under the gun. Every picture I've seen so far seems to point to a rather bow-legged-with-the-knees-sticking-out-past-mid-wing look that will detract a lot from the look of the fighter mode.

Can't wait to pose the Tread in "gerwalk/guardian" attached to the fighter like in the box art ^_^

And thanks to Rob/samurai-monkey I'll also be getting a green one.

Now if Toynami does a red Tread I can pick one up along with a Rook and have all the gang.

Edited by Twoducks

Good lord, I didn't see the photos of the box until just now. Either the guy holding it is really small, the box is really big, or my sense of proportion is still out of whack. I'll say this though, it's definitely bigger than a hamburger. :p

Question for those with other high-end CMs toys: Does CM's typically pack them in a plastic tray or styrofoam?

CM's loves them some styrofoam. B))

Awesome, thanks. Obviously I'm one of those freaks with an unexplainable adoration of the stryofoam tray. Overall packaging doesn't matter to me because I'm after the toy inside, but dang if that foam doesn't give me an extra smile.

I found my overdrive response in my spam email and went ahead and ordered. Looks like it will be more like $260 shipped via EMS and that works for me! I don't mind being a guinea pig for people, I'll let you know how the service got was and how quickly the item was delivered. I was searching around through SR's pictures and found one that totally hits a pet peeve of mine. Before I think it was Yamato's first YF-19 toys that were the worst offenders but check this out:

img_5238.jpg

I really hate it when a fighter that isn't supposed to have gaps in it when you look from below or above has gaps... having gaps that huge is a real turn off :(. If there's any doubt that the legs will be stuck way out in combined mode this should really put a fork in that. Seems to me like you just straighten the legs out so they don't come back together and then park the Tread in between 'em.

What do you guys think i should do stay with my early bird HLJ order or cancel it and then place an order with Over-drive? Knowing HLJ this set will probably exceed $300 with shipping included,while Over-drive would be the opposite. However I'm unfamiliar with Over-drive. Any opinions?

Edited by SuperHobo

What do you guys think i should do stay with my early bird HLJ order or cancel it and then place an order with Over-drive? Knowing HLJ this set will probably exceed $300 with shipping included,while Over-drive would be the opposite. However I'm unfamiliar with Over-drive. Any opinions?

I was considering that, too. I ultimately decided to stick with HLJ since I got in on the Early Bird and I'm pretty much guaranteed to get the set when it comes out. I don't know OverDrive enough to know how they work. I'm sure they're a fine store, but if they are "sold out yet still taking orders through email" does that mean that you get put on a wait list? It's too uncertain for me, and I want this set ASAP. :)

Oh hey folks, let me explain how this worked. When I checked the first day they were on Order Stop so I sent an email. They responded saying "We were waiting on an allowable figure from CMs and have reopened the item on the website for additional orders." (that's not an exact quote, i'm going by memory). When I checked the website, sure enough, it was no longer on Order Stop so I went ahead and processed my transaction as normal.

Over-Drive asked me to pass this message along. If you contacted them please check your bulk email and spam folders. They have responded to everybody who has sent them an inquiry but their responses are getting lost in peoples spam setting.

Double Check them folders GUYS

I think I'm going to try Over-Drive as the price is a lot more welcoming than my early bird order at HLJ and Over-Drive seems respectable. Over-Drive here I come.

Just canceled my HLJ order. In the end I only pay $260 US for the set all to do now is to play the waiting game.

Over-Drive asked me to pass this message along. If you contacted them please check your bulk email and spam folders. They have responded to everybody who has sent them an inquiry but their responses are getting lost in peoples spam setting.

Double Check them folders GUYS

I've made sure to check my spam folders and the emails are there. Thanks for the heads up.

Seems to me like you just straighten the legs out so they don't come back together and then park the Tread in between 'em.

If you look at the pic of the red one from the rear, you can tell that gap is there for the Tread connection just as you said, jenius.

-Kyp

The giant clown feet on the Legioss toys are what make it hard to connect it to the Tread the way it should (the Toynami has the same problem). Also, the legs should telescope completely. If a toy could pull that off and get the foot size right, the Legioss should be able to link with the Tread without spreading its legs.

Finally!!

I think I'll pass on this. Like it or not, I still think Toysucky's version looks better than this. I am not one to say Toysucky's is great and all but just from what I've seen I'd rather stick with their version.

Better dimensions and link-up, on the Toysucky, are what have me sold.

I think I'll pass on this. Like it or not, I still think Toysucky's version looks better than this. I am not one to say Toysucky's is great and all but just from what I've seen I'd rather stick with their version.

Better dimensions and link-up, on the Toysucky, are what have me sold.

I'm just glad fans finally have different toys to choose between. I'd be a very sad panda if Toynami were still the only game in town. I'd just choose to go without.

I am dreading the inevitability of looking at both and saying "CMs did this right, Toynami did that right, and between the two of them is one great toy or two mediocre over-priced ones!"

Honestly I have a feeling it will be "Toynami did this wrong, CM did this right, both are expensive, if you want a good toy, save up for CM's, if you want something that looks like the Imai but has diecast just for the sake of diecast in all the wrong places, get the Toynami".

I think CM's will have the more durable and "toy-like" toy.

I wish I agreed. So far I don't see a single thing that gets me thinking "CMs did this right!" I'm sure you're right as to the "durable" and "toy-like" but i'm an adult, I'm looking for a lot more from my $250+ toys than being able to zoom them around making jet fighter sounds. I want them to be very impressive display pieces and so far the Toynami looks like it's playing all sorts of trump on the CMs there. Then again, we know next to nothing about the Toynami at this point so time will tell.