CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

couple more pics of the Megahouse Cyclone for those who haven't seen em.

http://www.hlj.com/hlj_gallery2/v/summer20...ageViewsIndex=1

and I'm sure this was posted already so kick me if it was:

edit: yep, it was. in the cyclone thread, obviously. *kicks self*

Edited by Guppy

No that was by Megahouse and is about 4-5" tall.

By small Cyclone, he means tiny, like micromachine size.

Here's a picture of the cyclones that will come with the set. The pic comes from earlier in this thread I think, but here it is again. The figures don't look like they can move, nor do they look transformable, but maybe they will be b/c that company does make some pretty tiny transforming things from time to time...

post-2213-1189180335_thumb.jpg

Okay, so what are the general release dates for all the cool MOSPEADA stuff coming out from different companies? I know the CM Legioss/TREAD is supposed to be January 2008, but I don't have any clue when the cyclones from various companies or the Toynami Beta is supposed to be out.

I'll be pretty surprised if CMs makes a January release. Originally Toynami said the Cyclones would hit this fall.... I don't see that happening either. The only thing that seems likely is the December MegaHouse release.

Okay. I'm guessing nobody has announced exact prices for their toys either (especially the Megahouse cyclones)? I know Toynami said the Beta would probably cost about $200, but I'm hoping they halve that cost when/if it ever gets released. The Megahouse ones are my favorites at the moment, so I'm hoping they'll put a $20-$30 price tag on them since they are so small.

The Megahouse ones are my favorites at the moment, so I'm hoping they'll put a $20-$30 price tag on them since they are so small.

I hope so too. Megahouse palm action toys are about $20-$30 if purchased in Japan. I'd estimate $35-$40 to be safe due to complexity. It appears that Megahouse dropped PVC from their palm action stuff and I have no complaints so far for their ABS product. Their Orguss is quite nice, really.

That Legioss still looks like crap. If the fighter mode doesn't have some serious improvements made to the final product, I will stick to my Toynami.

That's a same ol' legioss prototype. I'd keep my fingers crossed till like winter wonder festival for a revised prototype...

Okay. I'm guessing nobody has announced exact prices for their toys either (especially the Megahouse cyclones)? I know Toynami said the Beta would probably cost about $200, but I'm hoping they halve that cost when/if it ever gets released.

I haven't seen any prices. I can say that the Toynami Beta price was always more of an excuse not to make the product rather than an actual price that they determined. I have no doubt that that toy will cost no where near that amount.

That Legioss still looks like crap. If the fighter mode doesn't have some serious improvements made to the final product, I will stick to my Toynami.

Those are the old pics, we know that CMs is currently re-working the toy so there's a chance this looks nothing like the final product. Patience, it's too soon to say whether or not the final product will please or disappoint.

I haven't seen any prices. I can say that the Toynami Beta price was always more of an excuse not to make the product rather than an actual price that they determined. I have no doubt that that toy will cost no where near that amount.

Those are the old pics, we know that CMs is currently re-working the toy so there's a chance this looks nothing like the final product. Patience, it's too soon to say whether or not the final product will please or disappoint.

The only reason I posted that old picture was to show the little cyclones in the corner of it. I really figured people would know it wasn't the new design we were told about (the re-tooled design).

• 2 months later...
This is probably the only way I am ever going to get a complete set of the Mospeada cyclones .... so as long as they are decent, they'll be worth it to me.

:ph34r:

So far no... hmm i was still hoping by now they have some news.. but i think i will be waiting for this rather then toynami's version..

well my opinion, hope dun offend any one else =)

CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD is still on track. Today I was invited to an industry only upcoming toy release event in Tokyo and CM's finally had the Legioss and TREAD displayed again along with their Ride Armor toys. The Legioss and TREAD displayed was not the same one displayed at last Winter Wonder Festival. They had a test mold made of black plastic and metal parts. Making it out of solid black plastic makes it easier to spot imperfections in the mold. There was still no official release date or price set but look like possibly early 2008 since the purpose of the event was to showcase upcoming releases and not stuff in the works.

Sorry guys no pictures since this was a small industry, I'm sure pictures will surface either way.

CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD is still on track. Today I was invited to an industry only upcoming toy release event in Tokyo and CM's finally had the Legioss and TREAD displayed again along with their Ride Armor toys. The Legioss and TREAD displayed was not the same one displayed at last Winter Wonder Festival. They had a test mold made of black plastic and metal parts. Making it out of solid black plastic makes it easier to spot imperfections in the mold. There was still no official release date or price set but look like possibly early 2008 since the purpose of the event was to showcase upcoming releases and not stuff in the works.

Sorry guys no pictures since this was a small industry, I'm sure pictures will surface either way.

Did you get a good look at the Ride Armor at all? I'm curious if it's any different from the proto pic that's been floating around for a while.

Excellent news. Thanks for the info!

Have the Legioss/Tread designs changed in any significant way compared to the old protos?

Good to hear that CMS are still beavering away at their Legioss and Tread prototype (knew those hammering sounds I could hear in the distance were a good sign). I shall await the first pics of the new version with baited breath. (And also the announcement of price and release date so I know whether I am going to be able to afford it or not....)

Karl

yeah... I can wait for a quality product.

With Toynami, you wait for delays after delays just to get a crappy toy.... so glad there's other companies doing things. Remember when we use to make excuses about how we would go with anything else except Toynami was the only game in town?

Right...

Toynami? or Toyyousnoozeyoulooseeffinbunchofhackwannabejapanesetoymakerputtingoutcrapallthet

menami?

eriku: Did you get a good look at the Ride Armor at all? I'm curious if it's any different from the proto pic that's been floating around for a while.

Yes, they had three on display. The type of plastic CM's used for the Ride Armor reminds me of the old pail light green Gakken plastic. The figures have decent articulation but not like the Megahouse Ride Armor. Looks like some of the figure is made of die cast. I will be picking a set up when they come out.

Twoducks: Have the Legioss/Tread designs changed in any significant way compared to the old protos?

Lots of detail in this new black plastic mock, panel lines and rivets.

jenius: When's the next big Japanese toy show??

Winter Wonder Festival Feb, 24.

So far I like what I see with what CM's has done. I don't really care if it isn't anime perfect.

Edited by SaveRobotech

eriku: Did you get a good look at the Ride Armor at all? I'm curious if it's any different from the proto pic that's been floating around for a while.

Yes, they had three on display. The type of plastic CM's used for the Ride Armor reminds me of the old pail light green Gakken plastic. The figures have decent articulation but not like the Megahouse Ride Armor. Looks like some of the figure is made of die cast. I will be picking a set up when they come out.

Twoducks: Have the Legioss/Tread designs changed in any significant way compared to the old protos?

Lots of detail in this new black plastic mock, panel lines and rivets.

jenius: When's the next big Japanese toy show??

Winter Wonder Festival Feb, 24.

So far I like what I see with what CM's has done. I don't really care if it isn't anime perfect.

Thanks for the info! It's great to hear input from someone who actually gets to see this stuff in person. I like what you say about the plastic being molded in the green color like the Gakkens, that's great! Nothing against paint, but I think colored plastic is best for a toy like this, especially for the 1/18 scale.

Thanks for the updated info, SaveRobotech!!

Two additional questions:

1) Does it look like CM's made the Legioss/Tread connection more flush this time (no noticeable split/dip in the combo this time around)?

2) How's the Legioss look in fighter mode now?

Thanks for the updated info, SaveRobotech!!

Two additional questions:

1) Does it look like CM's made the Legioss/Tread connection more flush this time (no noticeable split/dip in the combo this time around)?

2) How's the Legioss look in fighter mode now?

I'm curious about those exact two things as well b/c before, the fighter mode looked horrible.

One other question, did the shape of the Tread change at all or is it still pretty much the same (their version was pretty rounded and didn't really look like the original design of the "flying brick" like Toynami's).

The first picture is CM's one from the last show (a long time ago) in case anyone hasn't seen it.

The second picture is Toynami's I think. I personally like the Toynami one's overall flow and traditional style better than the one CM presented. I really hope CM's is a bit better proportioned now.

post-2213-1195658946_thumb.jpg

post-2213-1195659030_thumb.jpg

Edited by protostar8

The things that I don't like about the CM one are:

1.) The small cockpit area. It's just not proportional to the rest of the body.

2.) The exposed shoulder area that makes it look like a piece of the arm is missing in fighter mode.

3.) The way the missiles sit way above the fighter in fighter mode.

If they fix those things, I'd like it a lot more. I still plan to get it if it's REASONABLY priced (less than $150) and they fix the Legioss b/c that really did look bad in fighter mode.

Found in the sgcollect.com forums:

ps > article says Legioss and Tread (alpha + beta) coming in Feb.... drool.gif

Awesome news ^_^

Click here to see the promo pics, price and size of the CM Cyclone:

http://www.sgcollect.com/forum/index.php?s...t&p=1051157

Edited by Twoducks