Transformers Super Thread 5

Just about to post that here as well. As for the pictures of the third seeker, it's gotta be Thundercracker. The left is most likely Starscream due to the more realistic colors and the top right is actually more of a bluish hue... :D I hope we get some kind of confirmation and pics. soon.

I can't be the only one, but when I look at that seeker on the right, it looks like MP Starscream to me in all his miscolored seaweed bluish-green glory.

I'd expect TakaraTomy to put out an MP Screamer with anime colors and crown/cape accessories before TC. I'm still surprised MP Skywarp looks as good as he does in both modes.

Veritas & JBO - Thanks for the info links on what happened to the Seacon reissue. Much appreciated!!

Since the TF Classics line is continuing next year, and being renamed TF Universe, I wonder if Hasbro will eventually release these guys? Here's hoping ....

:rolleyes:

As for the MP Skywarp: it looks good, but I remember seeing pics of his face ... horrible!!!

:wacko:

As for the MP Skywarp: it looks good, but I remember seeing pics of his face ... horrible!!!

:wacko:

YES! Although he does have a swiveling head it is still squashed looking like Starscreams :(

Veritas & JBO - Thanks for the info links on what happened to the Seacon reissue. Much appreciated!!

Since the TF Classics line is continuing next year, and being renamed TF Universe, I wonder if Hasbro will eventually release these guys? Here's hoping ....

:rolleyes:

Only if a retailer is interested in them - in today's market the retailers has unprecedented control over what gets sold and where, a kind of opposite to the 80s where the manufacturer told the retailers what to sell. As the former Hasbro excutive in charge of Transformers says, today's situation can be very stifling for Hasbro creatively.

Only if a retailer is interested in them - in today's market the retailers has unprecedented control over what gets sold and where, a kind of opposite to the 80s where the manufacturer told the retailers what to sell. As the former Hasbro excutive in charge of Transformers says, today's situation can be very stifling for Hasbro creatively.

The TF movie hype has gotta be good for TF retail sales ... all the stores have empty shelves where I live ...

:ph34r:

Indeed. Walmart's department video conference revealed that they expected Transformers to make $2 million, but it has instead made over $5 million to date.

Stores basically underestimated Transformers (and by comparison overestimated Spidey 3, Pirates 3 and the other blockbuster movie lines)

Edited by Fit For Natalie

I can believe that, my local Walmart had 1/4 to 1/3 of an isle given to Spiderman crap that just sat there. Transformers barely got 3 columns. They didn't even give it a floating display that had all the voyagers and stuff on it that I saw at other Walmarts. Idiots.

Chris

Guest sh002

If MP Thundercracker is after MP Skywarp, I can't wait to see what other MP figures will be released next. Anyone else see the little diaclone sized Spike and Sparkplug figures that will be sold for $30? Saw it on tfw2005.com.

Pretty cool. But that hole up front in tank mode where the head goes into, i suppose that's the driver's seat....doesn't that cover up in reality?

For those of you thinking of getting leader class Brawl, FYI - there is also going to be a desert scheme repaint. This was annouced at BotCon.

So I guess you should decide what colour scheme you'd like.

I can believe that, my local Walmart had 1/4 to 1/3 of an isle given to Spiderman crap that just sat there. Transformers barely got 3 columns. They didn't even give it a floating display that had all the voyagers and stuff on it that I saw at other Walmarts. Idiots.

Chris

Now, watch them OVERSTOCK Transformers stuff now that its selling well, so much so that they have a bunch of crap left over when the movie's hype has gone and normal people aren't buying them anymore. Then they'll say 'Tranaformers wasn't selling well after all!'

So then they won't bother stocking the All Spark Power assortments (post movie Movie line refresh with new stuff like the CV-22 Osprey, the Sector Seven buggie and SUV). Man, retailer-dictated markets suck.

Pretty cool. But that hole up front in tank mode where the head goes into, i suppose that's the driver's seat....doesn't that cover up in reality?
Yeah, there's normally a protrusion with three small windshields for the driver to see. They probably decided to not put one there so the head-popping up gimmick runs more smoothly.

Now, watch them OVERSTOCK Transformers stuff now that its selling well, so much so that they have a bunch of crap left over when the movie's hype has gone and normal people aren't buying them anymore. Then they'll say 'Tranaformers wasn't selling well after all!'

So then they won't bother stocking the All Spark Power assortments (post movie Movie line refresh with new stuff like the CV-22 Osprey, the Sector Seven buggie and SUV). Man, retailer-dictated markets suck.

You should see the mess here.

My area isn't a big Transformers area, sadly. Tend to have minimal shelf space.

Local Target cleared something like half an aisle for the movie launch. And as they sold stock, compressed what was left. We're back down to 3 columns, just like it was pre-movie.

Toys R Us did pretty much the same thing.

For those of you thinking of getting leader class Brawl, FYI - there is also going to be a desert scheme repaint. This was annouced at BotCon.

So I guess you should decide what colour scheme you'd like.

This one? Looks nicer than the green one

brawlredeco.JPG

Taken from:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showpost.php...mp;postcount=68

Digging up a topic from the past, i impulse bought myself the Stormbringer graphic novel since i've seen you guys talking about it and I overall love the art work. I notice the side of the book says "Volume 2". Volume 2 of what? I read from here that the Stormbringer series has 4 issues but after reading the descriptions i'm sure the graphic novel i bought is a compilation of the 4. So what exactly is this volume 2 of? Is this a sequel to the Infiltration series, which i have no idea about at the moment.

And as a comic book i was pretty disappointed with Stormbringer. Sure it had nice art and all but the story felt rushed, shallow, and not quite as standalone as I thought it should be.

They defeated Thunderwing pretty quickly despite some serious ass kicking and how everyone feared that big mofo throughout the book. And bludgeon was just frothing from the mouth after all that trouble to become a Pretender.

<_<

Is this a whole new continuity btw, cause seems Prime hasn't landed on Earth yet and he's in his War Within form. Man comic books and its various continuities....confuzzles me to no end. :rolleyes:

I'd be pretty temped to pick up that desert leader Brawl if there was a good way to remove the lame second turret. Why'd they do that anyway? Take a perfectly good tank and slap some ridiculous "extra shooty bits" on to appeal to the fisher-price crowd.

I like Brawl a lot otherwise.

If/When I get leader Brawl the first thing I'm doing is hacking off the clear missile pods and finding a way to remove or paint the clear end of the main turret. Other than those he looks great, although he appears to have very little leg articulation (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Not sure if I want the regular or desert paint job. The desert version reminds me of a GI Joe tank I had when I was a kid that worked on batteries and had rubber treads. Man that was a great toy.

I'd have a really nice tank if I paint those clear bits on Brawl.

(I am too lazy to paint most of my gundam kits, I never thought of painting TFs.)

Brawl looks SO MUCH better with desert color scheme than green.

Are clear bits supposed to light up or something??

I think it was called the Mauler, right?

That sounds right. What made it extra fun for me was the driver's real name was the same as mine, first AND last. :) That was much cooler than the episode of ALF where the new baby was named and it had my first and middle name...

That settles it, I'm getting the desert deco for sure.

And here's the Joe tank. It had removable mudflaps, how cool is that? :D

::edit::

Dang I just consulted with the internets and it wasn't the Mauler's driver that shared my name, it was Wildcard, the Mean Dog driver. Still pretty cool.

post-430-1185483594_thumb.jpg

Edited by eriku

Digging up a topic from the past, i impulse bought myself the Stormbringer graphic novel since i've seen you guys talking about it and I overall love the art work. I notice the side of the book says "Volume 2". Volume 2 of what? I read from here that the Stormbringer series has 4 issues but after reading the descriptions i'm sure the graphic novel i bought is a compilation of the 4. So what exactly is this volume 2 of? Is this a sequel to the Infiltration series, which i have no idea about at the moment.

And as a comic book i was pretty disappointed with Stormbringer. Sure it had nice art and all but the story felt rushed, shallow, and not quite as standalone as I thought it should be.

They defeated Thunderwing pretty quickly despite some serious ass kicking and how everyone feared that big mofo throughout the book. And bludgeon was just frothing from the mouth after all that trouble to become a Pretender.

<_<

Is this a whole new continuity btw, cause seems Prime hasn't landed on Earth yet and he's in his War Within form. Man comic books and its various continuities....confuzzles me to no end. :rolleyes:

I'm not really sure of the volume 2 cuz like you said it was only a 4 issue mini. I too felt the story wasn't up to par, I think if it had been 6 issues, it would've worked better. I myself am also unsure about the continuity. Various sources say that the IDW is an entirely new continuity, but I like to think that they use War Within from Dreamworks as history/backstory (because of designs, characters, etc). The Stormbringer storyline happens before Infiltration, which I am currently reading. The art is okay, but I really like the way the story is shaping up. It's very cloak and dagger and we see the humans are wise to the Transformers (similar organization to Sector Seven from the movie). Ah, I see that Simon Furman wrote War Within as well as Stormbringer and Infiltration and seeing as IDW re-released War Within under their label, they either match up or Furman is using some general ideas from War Within to set up the IDW Transformers Universe.

Oh and Alternators Rodimus Prime is supposed to be available on the Hasbro Online Store, but haven't seen it yet. I hear alot of crazy stories about last year how the website crashed because they put all the exclusives on sale online at the same time. Hope that doesn't happen this year. We'll see.

I was talking about the supposed Hasbro re-issue of the Seacons in previous posts .... and look what I found:

http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=11248

Holy S---!! Hasbro is going to release them under the TF Universe line next year as a TF collector club exclusive!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Seacons as a TF club exclusive? Might be cheaper to go buy a C9 G1 set. (Better colors, too--and now that there's FINALLY reproduction stickers available, it's pretty easy to have a very nice-looking G1 Piranacon---note the lack of the H) :)

I like the desert scheme, but the blue kinda irks me. Why are the rocket launchers on the turret made of clear plastics anyway?
They light up.

I'd be pretty temped to pick up that desert leader Brawl if there was a good way to remove the lame second turret. Why'd they do that anyway? Take a perfectly good tank and slap some ridiculous "extra shooty bits" on to appeal to the fisher-price crowd.

I like Brawl a lot otherwise.

Internet Toy Fan Insult #3,654: 'Fisher Price'

Used to describe a toy and/or its intended audience's alledged lack of maturity merely because one personally does not like an aspect of its appearance.

See also: Neon, Playskool, dumb, lazy, gay, Hasblow.

Seriously though, its not even a real tank - in real life its a truck with a faux tank body and treads. I would consider the sub turret anti-aircraft cannons, which the original Brawl did feature and for a Decepticon, extra firepower is always good, especially for Brawl who likes to blow stuff up.

<_<

The current IDW G1 comic books run concurrently with each other. Stormbringer was set during the same time as the events happening on Earth in Infiltration. That's why Stormbringer seems so short and abrupt - the story continues on in the Infiltration-Escalation-Devastation main comic as well as the various Spotlight one-shots. Yeah, its kind of an annoying way to get you to buy every comic they make.

IDW's G1 continuity itself is brand new, Dreamwave's continuity (The War Within, DW G1) has nothing to do with it, though I recall IDW saying that they would like to finish it up once the legal mess brought on by Pat Lee Mania is resolved.

If anybody is wondering, IDW's Beast Wars comic book mini-series are from the Beast Wars cartoon continuity, which has nothing to do with IDW's G1 continuity.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

A$$rape prices are already appearing on eBay ....

:angry: :angry: :angry:

aah geeez...i went preview night and today (thursday) and no luck with the Hasbro Toy Store. you have to fight a mass of folks in line to get tickets to buy...and then you gotta go back at a designated time in order to purchase.

they only give out tickets at 10 am and 2 pm.

weak sauce. i'll try to get myself one tomorrow...but i know that i'll fail.

i see peeps buying up to 10 rodimus at a time...then i just checked on ebay too with a $50 price tag.

ultimate bumble bee is also available.