Gatchaman CGI film?

Cool Hopefully as fans of the original are involved then hopefully we can get something worthy and faitful and not some Hollwood Smulch fest. If they are at least as good as the Gatchaman Collection DVD released a couple of years or so ago then they will be alright.

Gatchaman or as I knew it in the 70`s Batle of the Planets was what got me into anime although at the time I didnt know what anime was.

Keeping the 70`s style fashions but with a modern style flip on design build would be cool too.

Maybe they should do a nod towards that R2D2 wannabe 7-Zark-7 and his Sony Aibo Dog 1-Rover-1 just to pay hommage to the BOTP link, afterall it was that and a couple of others broke anime to the western world.

Just for the record I think the panties were actually white Gym knickers.

I have £10 ready for release day.

The whole TMNT thing snuck up on me as I only found out about it yesterday when I saw it advertised on a Bus.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this latest piece of news: Link.

Apparently, Paul Dini (one of the creative forces behind the awesome DC Animated Universe) has agreed to do the screenplay for Gatchaman. :blink:

Thoughts? Comments?

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this latest piece of news: Link.

Apparently, Paul Dini (one of the creative forces behind the awesome DC Animated Universe) has agreed to do the screenplay for Gatchaman. :blink:

Thoughts? Comments?

I heard the WB has signed a distrubution deal with Imagi for Gatchaman, TMNT 2, & Astroboy. Any news about the live action Gatchaman project directed by Takashi Miike?

Edited by terry the lone wolf

This and Iron Man has definitely my interest. I wonder if they're gonna try to collaborate with Alex Ross... his updated but faithful Gatchaman illustrations were too cool. It's exactly what I would picture a 3D G-force movie would look like.

• 10 months later...

New Renders from the Creative Director of Imagi's Blog

The new Gatchaman logo

post-515-1218333945_thumb.jpg

The Utoland, Joe's muscle car at the left corner.

post-515-1218333978_thumb.jpg

Car chase sence of Joe

post-515-1218334003_thumb.jpg

Galactor invade ISO

post-515-1218334027_thumb.jpg

the team in ISO lobby, Joe was arrested by ISO solider.

post-515-1218334114_thumb.jpg

For sure you know who is playing yoyo. The city look is inspired by HK

post-515-1218334137_thumb.jpg

Phoenix in Utoland, mission start! This Phoenix is a still work in progress version...

post-515-1218334156_thumb.jpg

This looks like it has some promise. Biggest departures I can see are with Ken the Eagle and the Phoenix. Looks like they bulked up Ken's character design, he doesn't look like the slender old version. The Phoenix looks more like the 90's OVA version, which I'm a little bummed about. Although the original 70's Phoenix is a little dated, it was just so Iconic looking.

I think it would be cool if they kept the team goofing off between missions, with Jun and Jinpei rocking out on guitars and Joe and Ken playing Ping Pong, although I don't know if that was a Battle of the Planets thing they added or if it was in the original. Except now they'll probably have them playing Rock Band on the 360 and Wii Tennis instead :lol:

New Renders from the Creative Director of Imagi's Blog

The new Gatchaman logo

post-515-1218333945_thumb.jpg

The Utoland, Joe's muscle car at the left corner.

post-515-1218333978_thumb.jpg

Car chase sence of Joe

post-515-1218334003_thumb.jpg

Galactor invade ISO

post-515-1218334027_thumb.jpg

the team in ISO lobby, Joe was arrested by ISO solider.

post-515-1218334114_thumb.jpg

For sure you know who is playing yoyo. The city look is inspired by HK

post-515-1218334137_thumb.jpg

Phoenix in Utoland, mission start! This Phoenix is a still work in progress version...

post-515-1218334156_thumb.jpg

This looks like it has some promise. Biggest departures I can see are with Ken the Eagle and the Phoenix. Looks like they bulked up Ken's character design, he doesn't look like the slender old version. The Phoenix looks more like the 90's OVA version, which I'm a little bummed about. Although the original 70's Phoenix is a little dated, it was just so Iconic looking.

I think it would be cool if they kept the team goofing off between missions, with Jun and Jinpei rocking out on guitars and Joe and Ken playing Ping Pong, although I don't know if that was a Battle of the Planets thing they added or if it was in the original. Except now they'll probably have them playing Rock Band on the 360 and Wii Tennis instead :lol:

Thanks for the pics, they are great. If they get this right it could be outstanding. A lot of the design work looks similar to the New Captain Scarlet from a few years ago. (One of the most underrated CGI series of all time)

The ping pong/ rock band thing was done by Sandy Frank for the BOTP version. I will admit that I am generally a purist when it comes to the Gatchaman series, (no Zark ever, please), BUT, I do think that the Hoyt Curtin music cues the Americans added were truly outstanding. I would love to hear some of them in the new feature but I know that this is not going to happen.

Taksraven

(BTW, Gatchaman should not be filed under "oldtimers", the series is the same age as me. :p :P

The ping pong/ rock band thing was done by Sandy Frank for the BOTP version. I will admit that I am generally a purist when it comes to the Gatchaman series, (no Zark ever, please), BUT, I do think that the Hoyt Curtin music cues the Americans added were truly outstanding.

Amen to that. I have trouble remembering what's Gatchaman and what's BOTP so I'm sure the fans that were'nt even born when it first aired will have similar troubles.

BTW, Gatchaman should not be filed under "oldtimers", the series is the same age as me. :p:p

Me too less of the old timers gags. This is the Anime that woke me up to Anime as a 5 year old all I wanted was to be in BOTP. I did'nt know what Anime was but I knew that this catoon was different from the rest of the stuff that was on in the 70's.

If this is half as good as it looks then I'm happy.

• 4 weeks later...

nothing much to see:

a dog's eye view of some cars swerving away from the camera, after which the camera dollies up to see the bottom of the Amazing Rocketship Phoenix's rear thrusters

then screen flashes white BAM! : the Gatchaman logo.

it's just a VERY quick clip of The Amazing Rocketship Phoenix disturbing a multi layered highway with its presence.

nothing much to see:

a dog's eye view of some cars swerving away from the camera, after which the camera dollies up to see the bottom of the Amazing Rocketship Phoenix's rear thrusters

then screen flashes white BAM! : the Gatchaman logo.

it's just a VERY quick clip of The Amazing Rocketship Phoenix disturbing a multi layered highway with its presence.

Thanks greatly for the description, its appreciated. but...... "The Amazing rocketship Phoenix"???? Where did that title come from. GodPhoenix yes, but ?????

Taksraven

• 6 months later...

imagijeo.jpg

New poster up....

Looks ok, but I don't think I like the idea of the helmet only covering the front of the head. But, that might just be the look for Joe.

The armour looks alright, but I liked the idea in the original series that Gatchaman didn't have to be bulletproof, they just dodged the Galactor bullets.

I reaaaallly hope that this film gets made. Hope Imagi does not go bust.

Taksraven

Still wish I had got a Unifive GodPhoenix when they were semi-affordable.

I was fortunate to get one. Its a dream come true for my inner 10-year-old.

There's a set of 6 diecast Gatchaman vehicles on the way including Red Impulse (forget offhand from who), but they're like $250+ for the set.

I was fortunate to get one. Its a dream come true for my inner 10-year-old.

Sweet. The first darker blue/purple one with the fiery shroud or the second teal one that came with the bird/boomerang?