Which one would YOU buy!

quattroaction

Hello!

Fist off all sorry for my bad english!

As a smal child I had an Macross-toy and loved it. Now I am older but I want to get back something from my childhood. ;)

I read nearly all the reviews of the Yamato toys. For me they are very expennsive and I can only have one. So I look for the best of course. I thought you could help me in choosing the right one.

I dont now the Anime, only the Models. This is not important fo me.

But I want one with good paintings und nice details. The perfect one! ;)

What would you prefer if you have to choose only one Model?

An 1/48 Vf 1A or a 1/60 VF-0S? Or something different?

Please help me

Probably 1/48 VF-1. Cause it's solid. Recent releases have good joints and last for awhile and can take the most beating out of the toys released so far.

PM Me if you want a nice Brown VF-1A.

If you are only getting 1 (many of us buy more even after swearing that they will only buy 1), get a 1/48 VF-1S, Roy type or Hikaru type. You also will want Fastpacks. 1/48s are durable, easy to transform, and the arms won't fall apart like with the 1/60 VF-0.

Like I said, be prepared for eventually getting more than 1 ;)

Thanks for the fast answers :)

But dont you think the 1/60 VF-0S is more detailed? I know only the reviews on this page und the pictures but I as a noob would think this one is more detailed.

Take a look at the MW Toys Pages and judge for yourself. Yes, the VF-0 has more detail and gimmicks, but he VF-1 is no slouch. From a strict toy enjoyment and nostalgia standpoint, the VF-1 wins. If you get more than one (hint hint) the VF-0 is nicer to display in different modes.

Also, I find it hard to recommend the VF-0 due to the seemingly high reports of poor QC. The 1/48 VF-1 is more proven at this point in terms of durability and decent QC. This is the very reason I do not yet own a 1/60 VF-0. I want one, but I'm trying to hold out until Yamato fixes some of these issues

Edited by mister_e

The VF-0 is more detailed, but if you can afford only one of these, I'm sure you don't want it to break whilst transforming it. The VF-1 is THE classic Macross toy and the 1/48 is the best rendition of the VF-1 design, althought some members here would argue that the 1/60's proportions are closer to the line art.

I dont know the Anime, only the Models. This is not important fo me.

But I want one with good paintings und nice details. The perfect one! ;)

If that's the case, VF-OS/A would be the nicest so far ^_^

Personally I love it way more than my VF-1(w/o FP)...

Let's see, 0S is froppy, 0A has fragile shoulders and doesn't really belong to any series since it's a quasi-canon paint scheme, I'm going with the VF-1 or the YF-19... and the VF-1 looks to be a bit better than the 19 to me.

Quattroaction go with the 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru and if you got spare cash buy the fastpacks.

You will get a great looking Valk with plenty detail. Also it has stiff joints and it won't suffer from easy breakage.

PS: Vielleicht reime ich mir das nur zusammen, aber du kannst nicht zufällig diesen Satz lesen/verstehen oder?

Go with the '48 with 'Paks. I personally am so sick of the VF-1 that I could throw my LV1 against a wall, but for a first timer I'd stay away from the Zero and any newer Yamato stuff until they get their act together which, if the last six or seven years is any indication, won't be during this lifetime...

Edited by myk

I would recommend a Yamato 1/48 scale VF-1 toy, as the look good, are durable and there are many colour variations to choose from. As to whether you choose a VF-1A, VF-1J or VF-1S, that is up to you and depends which one you think looks best.

I'd also recommend the new 1/60 scale Yamato YF-19 toy. It looks fantastic and so far (touch wood), seems durable.

Although the 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A toys look beuatiful, many people find the joints on the VF-0S too loose (although I don't think so). The VF-0A seems to be having some serious problems recently with the shoulders and biceps cracking, so until Yamato improves the design of the upper arm, I cannot recommend this toy.

Graham

If you treat it well, and not be silly with the handling, the 1/48 will hold up just fine. The VF-0 maybe, and I'm not so sure about the YF-19, although I think it's ok.

Quattroaction go with the 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru and if you got spare cash buy the fastpacks.

You will get a great looking Valk with plenty detail. Also it has stiff joints and it won't suffer from easy breakage.

PS: Vielleicht reime ich mir das nur zusammen, aber du kannst nicht zufällig diesen Satz lesen/verstehen oder?

Ich kann es verstehen :lol:

right now, i'd say go with Los aka LAFtoys

http://www.laftoys.com/index.php?cPath=1_1...2a2412034a3ddd3

hes having a sale on valks and the 1/48 prices seems pretty reasonable and a lot of people here have vouched for the guy.

i'd say try to find a vendor in your area since the shipping is gonna be killer, but i can't imagine theres a lot of anime shops in germany.....

added:

tisinc is questionable.

heres the most recent thread and there have been quite a few...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=21199

why take the chance?

personally, i'd go with a vendor who ISN'T on the MW blacklist. ;)

Edited by do not disturb

Interesting. Well, then I wouldn't go with tisinc. I hadn't seen that post before even though it is very recent.

I've heard nothing but good things about LAFToys, I'd order from them. Thanks for the link, btw! I may have to pick up some Fast Packs. :)

What about Twin Moons? I've heard guys talk about them. I've never been to their site, though.

Edited by meh_cd

Interesting. Well, then I wouldn't go with tisinc. I hadn't seen that post before even though it is very recent.

I've heard nothing but good things about LAFToys, I'd order from them. Thanks for the link, btw! I may have to pick up some Fast Packs. :)

What about Twin Moons? I've heard guys talk about them. I've never been to their site, though.

you gotta stay scouring these boards if you want to avoid bad vendors/sellers.

the MW blacklist alone has saved me headaches on more than a few occassions.

IMO, if one member has a bad experience with someone, that one less bad experience for me.

as far as twin moons, its good too but roy focker said theres a trojan on there site yesterday so i wouldn't shop there until thats gets resolved.

Ah, too bad about Twin Moons.

It's a good thing you showed up. I wouldn't want the guy getting screwed out of quite a large chunk of change.

How about ActionHQ? That's where I got my Valk from. Problem is they were slow and a little pricey. Are they on the blacklist as well? The SS and Blacklist threads are HUGE.

i've never ordered from actionHQ so i can't say but MW did have a deal with them a while back selling those 12" hikaru man dolls, i think it was MWs first banner ad/link/whatever you want to call it.

i usually buy my stuff from Neova but he hasn't been around here much lately and i like sticking with one vendor (regardless of price), so i hope he comes by here sometime in the near future? :unsure:

as far as the SSL and BL, you know you don't have to read the entire thread right? all the names on both the SSL and BL are in alphabetical order on the very first page of each thread. ;):D:p

BTW, sorry for the hijack quattroaction.