MW's Yamato Expenditure

kensei

It's cool. If anyone enters something silly, such as 130 pcs of the 1/48s, then I can delete that entry. :p There is another way to prevent duplicate entries, but I won't say how until after the survey is finished.

Yeah, yeah. Wait till I show you my warehouse of valks but you have to wait till I get my camera since I spent all my money on a ferrari. And if you tell me to stop being arrogant about it, then you are racist. :rolleyes:

EDIT: It is so evident my response above is just dripping with sarcasm. B))

Too bad we didn't hit the 1000 mark for the VF-1s in 1/48 scale, but it was close enough. I'm closing the survey, and making up the data.

If anyone is a real statistics whizz, then feel free to PM me for the data. I'll do the best I can to illustrate my results.

Yamato Products Overview Survey Results

Graphed Results [attachmentid=39491] Tabulated Results [attachmentid=39490]

Yamato 1/48 Scale VF-1 Valkyrie Survey Results

Graphed Results [attachmentid=39488] Tabulated Results [attachmentid=39489]

Yamato 1/60 Scale Quaedlunn-Rau Survey Results

Graphed Results [attachmentid=39492] Tabulated Results [attachmentid=39493]

post-466-1168435870_thumb.jpg

post-466-1168439843_thumb.jpg

post-466-1168440649_thumb.jpg

post-466-1168441255_thumb.jpg

post-466-1168442889_thumb.jpg

post-466-1168442911_thumb.jpg

Edited by kensei

Very predictable that Focker's 1S would be the most popular, but I was quite surprised to see that the second most popular VF-1 is the Cannon Fodder. Also, the low numbers on the Super VF-1J Valks combined with the fact that so many people still want them leads me to believe there weren't that many released.

that's weak... I wouldnt let Yamato see that.

Considering MW has over 3600 members I would like to know how many of us completed the survey.

Even if we average every MW member as having only one 1/48, which is quite a low estimate IMO, we'd be well over what this survey would suggest we own.

Yamato, MW is a force to be reckoned with! :D

The survey seems to be flawed. The overview has only 935 1/48 but then the details show over 1000.

With the dates and times that were recorded, it seemed that not all the respondants answered to both surveys. I therefore had to use different totals for both surveys.

I'll be doing the rest tonight.

The overview survey had the most respondants, but only 102.

Edited by kensei

I really have to say that not enough people did the survey. It just seems off that there are not that many Max and Millia VF-1Js around us.

Due to the limitations of the survey options, I cannot run the survey any longer. But do not disturb is right, it should have been run longer, and we should try to find software that keeps a running tally of the number of valks.

Still I don't think that the survey was a total loss, although EXO is right.....I wouldn't show it to Yamato.

Edited by kensei

Hey that's no problem boys. Thanks for answering it. When we give advice to which is popular, we can at least say with some good ballpark figure using this survey when applied to Macrossworld.

What we need to do, is advertise it for like a month to all the main mecha/toy boards, so everyone knows about it long in advance, and are just waiting to click in their answers when it actually opens.

THEN open it up and let everyone (who already knew about it) come in and fill it out.

And frankly we need more participation. It seems that even people who post here pretty often didn't participate, much less the lurkers. 100 people? We have 100 people participate on individual threads. C'mon people, you don't have to sign your name and it takes all of 30 secs. You come here, read, lurk, and find out how to fix your -19's gunpod, but can't answer a poll that (in the future) could lead directly to Yamato reissuing certain valks or something?

I agree with David. I think the main problem here is one of visibility - even though the thread is stickied in the 'Toys' forum, it's pretty easy to pass up as it's clustered with all the other stickies. A front-page entry/link, along with headers or stickies across all relevant MW forums would have definitely helped with visibility.

Perhaps a pleasantly worded plea to all members to complete the survey, something like:

"All members are to complete this survey -- any members who have failed to complete the survey within two weeks of this date will be considered anti-MW and will be BANNED, NO EXCEPTIONS."

You know, just a friendly reminder. ;)

Can we make it so under the Member No there's a field that says "Responed to survey, Yes/No" and then we can hunt down with pitchforks and torches all the people that still have NO as the end of the survey approaches?

Perhaps a more friendly approach than picks and torches :p would be to make the label which appears under each member's name or avatar read, "Basara's Panties" until the member completes the survey.

Edited by Wicked Ace