Please Read

Pierre

Wasn't the VF-0S supposed to be re-issued late last year?

That was the rumor. It might have just been wishful thinking though by sellers who had sold out of the VF-0S after being short-supplied by Yamato. It will be reissued eventually... maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but some day :)

Are you sure? Here's what he wrote:

eugimon, can you post a larger pic of your avatar?

Graham

Maybe we should ask Graham what he really wanted. hahaha.

but the thread is about the breaking shoulders, and graham wanted pictures of busted shoulders... ^_^

I hate myself for wanting an 0S so bad right now.

I REALLY want one....but I so don't want to waste $120

:angry:

don't hate yourself. just get one when the 2nd release comes out and they fix all the bloody mistakes.

That's what I'll be doing... then I'll own 3 of them, well, 1... and 2 big piles of spare parts.

u know as I was transforming these back to fighter i had a thought - do u think a part of the problem is the excess pressure u place on the shoulder when ransforming? u push down to lock it in in fighter, and then u have to pull it out of the sicket for the valk modes. must put a strain on the shoulder joints...

u know as I was transforming these back to fighter i had a thought - do u think a part of the problem is the excess pressure u place on the shoulder when ransforming? u push down to lock it in in fighter, and then u have to pull it out of the sicket for the valk modes. must put a strain on the shoulder joints...

yeah, I think this is a big part of it. The other part of it is when you're posing the arm and you draw the arm across the shoulder or pull it back. If you take a look at the joint, the edge of the shoulder pieces braces against peg of the ball joint when you're moving the shoulder laterally. the ball then pushes against the wall of the cup causing it to crack or just fail completely.

If Yamato does the Reactive Armor there's gonna lots of people that will have trouble attaching the armor to their busted shoulders. Maybe they could include replacement shoulder parts in the package.

heh... Sorry we sold you a busted POS, here' spend 60 more dollars and we'll fix our mistake :p

dummy me, I'd probably do it too.

I transformed my 0S once and hotlued it into fighter mode where it will stay, so I am not gonna bother checking mine.

I am in for the group order on the Shin VF-0A, and if it turns out to be a piece of poo, I won't be buying anymore...except for any re-paints of the YF-19, I love mine. :p

*Edit*

testing:

poo fart motherfarter..gotta love the forum censor, lol. :lol:

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

I do not have a VF-0A but do own one VF-0S valk which I have only transformed a couple of times. Out of curiosity, I performed a quick inspection on the problem area (shoulders), I am so disappointed to find out a white stress mark on the left shoulder :( . The right shoulder is fine though. Glad I didn't buy VF-0A and I am having 2nd thought of buying the Ghost-shin combo which will be released in Spring.

Any more news on how the replacement stronger shoulders are coming from NMB4M? With all the reports of breakage, I'm getting mcuh more concerned about the second shoulder I got than I was before....

I'm testing the strength of the resin. It seems to be holding fine, so far. Only time will tell. But what worries me is getting this grey color right. It's a special blend.

I'm still working on it.

^_^

I'm testing the strength of the resin. It seems to be holding fine, so far. Only time will tell. But what worries me is getting this grey color right. It's a special blend.

I'm still working on it.

^_^

Thanks for the update nb4m!

We eagerly await a fix.

Here's a summery of what we know so far regarding the problems with the VF-0 arms. Please let me know if anything I've written is incorrect or something is missing.

1) Stress marks and cracks are appearing on the inner (front & rear) shoulder sections.

2) Stess marks and cracks are also appearing on the lower part of the bicep swivel joint.

3) The problem seems more prevalent on the VF-0A, but has also occured on the VF-0S.

4) Some toys have stress marks and cracks right out of the box.

5) One theory put forward by some Macrossworld members is that the seam line on the shoulder ball joint is contributing to probelm with the shoulders, as it may extert exess pressure on the shoulder parts when the shoulder is moved.

6) Another thory is that the top screw on the back of the shoulder joint is too tight and causes the plastic to crack.

7) As a preventive measure, the seam line on the shoulder ball joint should be filed down.

8) Also, the two silver color screws located on the rear of the inner shoulder, especially the top screw should be loosened slightly (about a half turn?) to decrease pressure.

9) Some members have theorised theat the rubber O-ring o the bicep swivel joint may be too thick, causing the joint to crack.

10) As a preventive measure, the bicep screw should be looseend slightly and/or the rubber O-ring removed.

11) Initial coments from Yamato are that these problems have not been reported in Japan yet and also the problem may be caused by an adverse chemical reaction between the rubbber and ABS, which weakens the ABS.

Anything else?

Graham

I'm still working on it.

^_^

Are you making the shoulders and also the elbow swivel joint?

It is both these sections that have problems.

Graham

ive finally checked my vf-0s' shoulders and i found a small white stress mark too. :angry:

11) Initial coments from Yamato are that these problems have not been reported in Japan yet and also the problem may be caused by an adverse chemical reaction between the rubbber and ABS, which weakens the ABS.

Anything else?

Graham

well i bought my 0s in japan so maybe the japanese arent checking theirs....hmmmm :wacko: