Please Read

Pierre

I'm glad i've never transformed my VF 0s at all, i was just lazy so i left it as it was when it came out the box. Looks like being lazy has it's advantages

Not so fast... how do you know these weren't like this at purchase? This looks like it might be the kind of thing caused by tension related to the screw... your shoulder could be disentegrating in the box! I really meant to transform my VF-0S for the first time last night to check... hopefully I'll get around to it today. What's going on over at Yamato??? I'm supposed to save this kind of concern for my far cheaper Toynami products! First the Garland, now the Zero :angry:

Is it out of place that Yamato should provide free replacment parts?

I think they should as well. they should send us replacements made out of a plastic that can handle the stress.

Actually, I would rather them just replace the VF-0s unit all together considering how many problems they have:

1. shattering shoulders

2. floppy back packs

3. feet that won't lock in battroid

4. gun pods that don't fit the arm pegs.

Not so fast... how do you know these weren't like this at purchase? This looks like it might be the kind of thing caused by tension related to the screw... your shoulder could be disentegrating in the box! I really meant to transform my VF-0S for the first time last night to check... hopefully I'll get around to it today. What's going on over at Yamato??? I'm supposed to save this kind of concern for my far cheaper Toynami products! First the Garland, now the Zero :angry:

this is a good point. the VF-0 with the worst shoulder damage was transformed the least. Maybe three or four transformations total. And yet there's a giant chunk just plain'ol missing from it.

:o you've got a point, but i'm still too lazy to check.

I REALLY want a VF-0. I was one click away from ordering one yesterday, but I keep hesitating due to all of these reports of broken shoulders, loose joints, etc. I really really hope Yamato fixes these issues in time for the Shin/Ghost bundle. I guess I'll just have to wait until May for my VF-0. I know we're not in Yamato's intended market of Japan, but I really think they should have some kind of program in place to fix these issues or provide replacement parts. I feel bad for all of you that have broken VF-0 shoulders.

Oh come on. Don't you want to see the damage? :(

No i don't, cause then it would bug me all day. If i don't see it, then theres no damge to see :lol:

Edited by kung flu

I think they should as well. they should send us replacements made out of a plastic that can handle the stress.

Actually, I would rather them just replace the VF-0s unit all together considering how many problems they have:

1. shattering shoulders

2. floppy back packs

3. feet that won't lock in battroid

4. gun pods that don't fit the arm pegs.

i forgot how many problems the VF-0S had, i'm so glad i skipped out on that one. i really want it but as is, i'd rather not buy a lemon just to fill the void in my collection.

if these problems were a QC issue, then its not really on yamato shoulders to provide replacement parts, i mean stuff happens time to time, but seeing as these recent problems are actually DESIGN FLAWS and/or use of POOR QUALITY PLASTICS, they really should do something about it. :mellow:

as is, i've pretty much swore off yamato for the moment. the VF-0S/A and recent release of the subpar YF-19 has left a bad taste in my mouth. yeah its nice that they're making the toys i love, but i shouldn't have to take it in the ass just because they're the only game in town. i mean why should i make the exception for yamato, its not like they give a rat ass about me, actually any of us for that matter....

just to follow up on my "yamato should replace the VF-0s" comment, they're doing it for the garland which had the same major problem (shattering shoulders) but the Vf-0s has far more design related issues, design issues which have been resolved in the 0a release.

Aren't half the shoulder complaints coming from 0A owners?

i doubt it's half of the 0A owners. more like all of the 1/60 zero owners were they to inspect theirs. i just checked both my 0S that are on display today and all shoulders including lefts and rights have white stress marks on them. mind you i don't even play with these and i've only transformed them from fighter to battroid mode for display. i have NOT moved the shoulders till today. it's been like that since the day i've bought them... yet, still there are stress marks. :angry:

Well, I just checked my VF-0A. Both shoulders are fine but I'm never transforming her again.

Didn't check my 0S. I would need to transform it out of fightermode to see if everthing was allright and I might break it in the process. When I get the Shin 0A/ booster set I plan on displaying the 0S in Gerwalk so I'll check it then.

Anyone else think that maybe the shoulderjoints snap when you take off the armor to see if it's okay?

I checked mine and the right shoulder does have a stress mark on it. So I loosen the screws and now it's floppier that ever. The left shoulder in fine. My theory is they might have different tighting specifications for each shoulder. Since the right shoulder holds the gunpod, it has tighter specs. haha.

The thing that scares me the most about this issue is this comment:

Q: Will Yamato redesign the shoulder of the VF-0 toy after so many people have reported it breaking.

A: Actually, we have not heard this problem from Japanese customer, but the factory is looking into it.

THEY ARE NOT EVEN AWARE OF THIS PROBLEM. That doesn't look good for the Shin / ghost package. I think the Japanese customers are not complainers (they just fix it themselves and call it good)!

Edited by dafunguy