Sony Playstation Portable Thread

twich

Who has used what to convert DVD's to PSP???

I have read alot about PSP Video 9 and some DVD rippers with mixed reviews and just as varied results.

I want to get the PSP for "traveling" but only if I can put movies on the memory card and I know that copy protected DVDs will one problem of many.... at least a problem with my copy of Macross Plus Movie Edition.

Thanks for the pointers.

Cool so i take it that game is a buy?

I'm still playing battle tactics, sadly I cant get passed Ace Pilot on feddie. I can defeat the first two rounds of pilots when I really buckle down...but after that, I get taken down by the kamphfers or the gelgoogs....I get cornered and cant break free rom the fire power, then nebulos takes me out.

Yeah, Battle Royale was better than Battle Tactics, And Chronicle was better than Royale.

personally, I'd like to play a Kamen Rider game, but they don't got any on the PSP, but I heard somewhere that there's a ISO file for Agito and Ryuki which I'm trying to find and see if there's a way for me to easily play it.

Use the Pandora Battery Trick -> download all the crappy Kamen Rider ISO's you want -> convert and play on your PSP.

Anyone has played R-Type tactics? I need a second thought opinion before I decide to buy that game. A shmup turned into RPG game its kinda interesting, not to mention the units in that game. :huh:

Anyone has played R-Type tactics? I need a second thought opinion before I decide to buy that game. A shmup turned into RPG game its kinda interesting, not to mention the units in that game. :huh:

I played an ISO of it for an hour or so. There was a bunch of stuff I couldn't figure out though, so I put it down and haven't played it since :/

I think I heard it might be getting an US release in a few months though...

I'll definitely be buying it if they do.

Anybody play the Warhammer 40k squad tactics demo? I've played it a few times through and it's quite fun. I almost managed to finish it without any casualties, but then my friggen Dreadnought whiffed a critical and tight lascannon shot and took out my own marine from behind :lol:

I think I use some sort of Media Manager program I bought a little over a year ago. It works just fine to convert your files into the proper format to play on the PSP, I think it'll do everything cept MKV's.

Now, how the hell do you get demo's? Is this some sort of a Wi-Fi thing or what?

Weird... here's a link for it directly...

40K Demo on Gamespot

The review on Gamespot is pretty mediocre too, surprisingly... they complain about the camera and controls, but honestly, I had no problem with either... and they complain about not being able to judge shots, which I find odd, as it gives you a quite clear Line of Sight indicator to use...

Personally, the one big issue I have is the lack of races... sounds like it's just Marines and Chaos... which is a shame.

Edited by promethuem5

Wow am I outta the loop, theres 3.72 firmware out....sadly I cant seem to load it to my psp...I gotta do the PC to PSP load feature cause i dont have wi-fi.

Now what I dont get is how you get it to work.

When I USB connect my PSP, I got a dozen folders, one saying PSP. So i tried to put in UPDATE in the PSP folder as it said, yet it didnt read it.

Slid it into my game folder where it said "curropted data".

I'm so missing something arent I?

You know... I've never updated from the PC... I've updated from the WiFi like, once, but I only now ever get around to it when a game updates... not sure how to help ya on that one... you sure you don't want say, a new game? :lol: Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow is actually incredible...

I have a copy of VFX 2 and a US PS3. How do I put VFX 2 on my PSP???

Here are a few blurry pics of Macross VFX2 on the PSP.

VFX2 plays fine. So does Symphony of the Night. The PSP just got a massive injection of quality titles. It is unfortunate that Sony didn't excute well at all and will likely not profit much from the PS1 emulation.

[attachmentid=39275]

[attachmentid=39276]

Edited by Fly4victory

I'm so aggravated by this, as I'd love to put some PS1 games on my PSP, but I don't want to hack the firmware... truth be told, I actually did have to get my PSP replaced not that long ago due to an accident, and I doubt I would have gotten a new one under warranty if it was hacked... I wish there was a way to dual boot or something...

It just seems like with the PSOne emu already enabled, there must be a work-around that hacks the game files without requiring different firmware... someone needs to figure out what Sony does to the PSOne game images available on the PSStore and then figure out how to do that to more game files...

Edited by promethuem5

Negative Ghostrider! Looks like no VFX-2 on my PSP.

I am happy to say that I was able to get all of my Macross DVDs minus Mplus due to conversion protection on the memory stick in the PSP.

Also converted all my music from WMA to MP3.

Have the first episode of Tales of the Gold Monkey...yes I am that old :wacko:

and still have one G left on a four G stick.

Truth be told Media Manager Pro was a pain to convert the DVD's it took almost eight hours before I did it right.

I took the plunge and bought a protection plan for my PSP so there will be no hacking in my future.

Looks like my only hope will be Macross games on UMD.

I have been digging about Play-Asia looking a Gundam Games.

Negative Ghostrider! Looks like no VFX-2 on my PSP.

I am happy to say that I was able to get all of my Macross DVDs minus Mplus due to conversion protection on the memory stick in the PSP.

Also converted all my music from WMA to MP3.

Have the first episode of Tales of the Gold Monkey...yes I am that old :wacko:

and still have one G left on a four G stick.

Truth be told Media Manager Pro was a pain to convert the DVD's it took almost eight hours before I did it right.

I took the plunge and bought a protection plan for my PSP so there will be no hacking in my future.

Looks like my only hope will be Macross games on UMD.

I have been digging about Play-Asia looking a Gundam Games.

The gundam games for PSP are quite fun. I've played all except chronicles and gerins greed. Definitely worth getting.

They should have renamed Chronicle from Gundam to Quebeley. Talk about super overpowered!

I still got owned by Val varos in my fully tuned Quebeley in the Mobile armor EX mission :lol:

That mission is damn hard, I managed to get to the GP03 stage with my Quin Mantha, but when they shoot down my partner (Haman in Quinn Mantha), I can only last 5 second with 2 or 3 GP03 beam sabering me to pieces :angry:

I also managed to pawn char in Zeong with a fully tuned ball, now that is fun :lol:

Right now I'm finishing up getting S's on the Zeon side, and I'll be there (sped through so I could see the Nu). Though I'm scared that there's something in the game that can humble the Quebeley...

I was waiting for this thread to pop up. I picked upa a PSP Slim last week, had my friend hack it as soon as i pulled it out of the box. Mostly been converting over my old PS1 games to play on it, only one that doesn't work on it is Giren's Greed which was the specific game I wanted for it. Oh well.

Nifty little system.

I was waiting for this thread to pop up. I picked upa a PSP Slim last week, had my friend hack it as soon as i pulled it out of the box. Mostly been converting over my old PS1 games to play on it, only one that doesn't work on it is Giren's Greed which was the specific game I wanted for it. Oh well.

Nifty little system.

I thought Giren's Greed saw an actual PSP release?

God of War Demo showed up today in the mail..came with some lame necklace and a Best Buy 15.00 off the PSP system coupon.......that expired 11/30/07 lol ..<_<

Yours must have gotten lost in the mail...I got mine weeks ago!

Gundam Battle Chronicle arrived today.

WOW does it look great. I bumbled my through to the first tutorial.... does anyone have a translation of the menus and instructions?

Thanks to the tutorial I can figure out the controls but other than that I worried about saving and that password page?????

It is great looking game too bad I am stuck learning Tagalog and not Japanese. :angry:

Edit: From the Bandai Namco website here are the passwords for the "extra missions".

Hope you know when to use them.

post-3784-1198020483_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fly4victory

The white Qubeley is only medium/high on the absolute power scale. The red Qubeley can beat it since its hand cannons fire multiple blasts per "shot", effectively doubling/tripling the white Q's firepower. Psycho MkII is the most powerful 1v1: its melee attack one hit kills almost all MSes even with upgrades, AND said attack has insane range, AND it has the longest lasting SP attack of all units.

My friend and I tried it, Psycho MkII vs everything else (Nu/Sazabi/S/ZZ/Zeta Plus A/C all unlocked, fully upgraded), we swapped piloting the Psycho MkII, and neither of us could beat the other guy in a Psycho MkII. Quinn Manthas died, any MS sized opponents died a horrible death, only thing that gave it a run for its money was S with ALICE on running like a rabbit on steroids to avoid the melee attack. Qubeley would melt against Psycho. Its Newtype Spam SP doesn't last as long as Psycho's one, so you get just blasted when you finish your SP in the Q.