Sony Playstation Portable Thread

twich

The white Qubeley is only medium/high on the absolute power scale. The red Qubeley can beat it since its hand cannons fire multiple blasts per "shot", effectively doubling/tripling the white Q's firepower. Psycho MkII is the most powerful 1v1: its melee attack one hit kills almost all MSes even with upgrades, AND said attack has insane range, AND it has the longest lasting SP attack of all units.

My friend and I tried it, Psycho MkII vs everything else (Nu/Sazabi/S/ZZ/Zeta Plus A/C all unlocked, fully upgraded), we swapped piloting the Psycho MkII, and neither of us could beat the other guy in a Psycho MkII. Quinn Manthas died, any MS sized opponents died a horrible death, only thing that gave it a run for its money was S with ALICE on running like a rabbit on steroids to avoid the melee attack. Qubeley would melt against Psycho. Its Newtype Spam SP doesn't last as long as Psycho's one, so you get just blasted when you finish your SP in the Q.

Psycho Gundam MK II SP attack is easy to dodge except the last part when he throw its hands at you, its hard to dodge and instant dead when got hit.

I'm replaying all mission with Pallas Athena now (got good combination of physical and beam attack), all completed with S or SS except the EX mobile armour mission :wacko:

Been playing a bit of Battle Chronicle lately and I'm really glad I didn't pay for it. The control is awful, and suffers from a lot more than just the PSP's limited button layout. Camera control sucks and there are times when you can't even target the tanks shooting at you, wtf? Getting stuck on edges of buildings and cliffs doesn't help either.

The variety of Mobile Suits is really cool, but I'm having a hard time finding the motivation to keep playing.

Psycho Gundam MK II SP attack is easy to dodge except the last part when he throw its hands at you, its hard to dodge and instant dead when got hit.

That's where it all breaks down in multiplayer. Soon as Psycho has enough power to initiate the SP it's all over, you're dead. I don't even think it's possible to dodge the hands. You can get out of range of them (you have to get bloody far away), but you can't dodge them.

there are times when you can't even target the tanks shooting at you, wtf?

I'm assuming you know how to use the twaddle stick to change targetting from MS to vehicles, right?

I haven't had any problem with the controls, mind you I switch the scheme up slightly to make it more like the verses series, but I found it overall tight. Though the environments "could" be a bit larger, as it is extremely easy to hit the edges.

• 2 weeks later...

Despite some really cool parts, Battle Chronicle is still an overall poo game.

Been playing the first Zeon 0083 game for quite some time and can't get past it. Would be nice if it would actually lock on to more than one unit (while chasing the GP01 it wont let me switch to any other MS). The analog nub thing is stupid, as it forces you to take your thumb off the d-pad thus leaving you immobile. Not to mention the fact you can't injure an enemy while they're on the ground? That's REALLY stupid. Made sense in the Vs. series as it was intended primarily as a fighting game, but in a single player focused game it's just frustrating.

Bleh. Just glad I didn't pay for it.

• 1 month later...

GoW demo downloadable on PS-Store!!

Played thru once and it was amazing.. got to the part where you shoot the ballista at the monster and the demo ends with a 'Coming Soon' screen... only had a few framerate issues, but it was incredible otherwise. Played thru a second time, and instead of going for the ballista, I went for the door at the far right of that area, and tried to O open it (which is an option)... the monster keeps shooting you with fire, so I assumed it was an invisible demo wall, but then on like the third try, the camera went screwy for a second, and then was reversed, looking into the room behind the door, but I was still stuck clipped partially thru the door... after a few jumps I was free, and into the room... there was a turnstile in the middle like for a platform, which gave me the Hold O prompt, but did not turn and seemed to be disabled... there was also a Hold O movable box, which moved alright, but became invisible depending on where you were... I pushed it over to the ledge, and went to jump up onto said ledge (on my now invisible box), and the game froze and restarted my PSP... I think the demo is meant to end at the ballista, but they did a sloppy job of sealing you off... regardless, the actual game is going to be AMAZING.

June! WTF. Way to go Sony. Nothing like planning... <_<

As the blood-splattered Spartan soldier turned God of War, Kratos is prone to seeing red, both figuratively and literally. To promote the upcoming release of God of War: Chains of Olympus on the PlayStation Portable, Sony is giving handheld gamers the chance to see red not just in the game, but all over their systems.

Starting in June, Sony will begin selling a new PlayStation Portable bundle that includes the system in a "deep red" color with an image of Kratos silk-screened on the back, a copy of Chains of Olympus, the raunchy comedy Superbad on UMD, and a voucher to download Syphon Filter: Combat Ops onto a memory stick for the system.

It's a PSP, but red.

Chains of Olympus is set for a stand-alone release March 4, but gamers with the patience of the gods will need to hold out for the release of the newly colored God of War PSP Entertainment Pack until June. The bundle will retail for $199.99.

post-121-1204055839_thumb.jpg

I just realized that PSP media manager is now free to download, and I was saving to buy that :lol:

Find it here: Japan site for PSP store

Does the Media Manager do anything besides move files to/from the Memory Stick, like convert avi to mp4 and auto rename the files or anything? What's the advantage of using this Media Manager software over Windows Explorer?

Does the Media Manager do anything besides move files to/from the Memory Stick, like convert avi to mp4 and auto rename the files or anything? What's the advantage of using this Media Manager software over Windows Explorer?

I heard about the free media manager, but I also heard if you want to convert video, you have to get the "PRO" version which is NOT Free. anyone else have info on this?

I heard about the free media manager, but I also heard if you want to convert video, you have to get the "PRO" version which is NOT Free. anyone else have info on this?

Convert mp3, mp4, 3gp add gracenoteID, etc.

link

The free Media Manager2.5 is available since December last year. But the software isn't that good. Heard people saying that some movies converted with the pro version are defective and/or not full resolution (272pix height). I use Winnydows XVid4PSP. Its a free and doesn't require all the Sony->PSP->PC registry(Why do I need to register my hand held console so many times?) stuff. The Media Manager is just a waist of time and HDD space. I deleted the prog after 2 days since I know which data belongs in which file. If you transfer the data manually your faster done than with the Media Manager. Even WindowsXP recognizes my PSP faster than this program. The mp3 features requires I tunes and Quicktime 7.2. which is already installed on my PC. I don't see a reason why I should use Sony's Media Manager to start QT or iTunes Library<_<.

Recommend this only to people who don't know where to put their stuff to and are not able to find/install free media converters.

I'm going to pick up GoW before I go back to school... I dled the Patapon demo and tried it... and honestly, I'd be damned if I could find any actual gameplay or redeeming feature to it... I made it to the second command and simply couldn't get it to do anything... so I gave up and deleted it. You guys can have your Patapon fun... I just found it frustrating and annoying.

I'm enjoying God of War, but I still can't get used to holding L+R+analog stick to evade. Honestly, if L is just block, why didn't they make it L+analog stick? Why did they need to add another button to that?

Anyway, the result is that I'm finding the game, especially bosses, to be slightly harder than its PS2 siblings, just because I'm taking more hits.

Edited by mikeszekely

I'm enjoying God of War, but I still can't get used to holding L+R+analog stick to evade. Honestly, if L is just block, why didn't they make it L+analog stick? Why did they need to add another button to that?

There's a good reason why I avoid such style of games like GoW or a FPS style....controls are just not comfortable for me.

Anyway, the result is that I'm finding the game, especially bosses, to be slightly harder than its PS2 siblings, just because I'm taking more hits.

Ya I dont understand that either. It makes evading harder than it should be. But overall GOW for the PSP is pretty damned good though.

It would be better if dodge was L+stick... honestly, I only learned to dodge in the second GoW bc/ you had to, bc/ I always rolled to dodge... fortunately you can just powerhouse thru GoW on the easier settings... I've not had too many issues with PSP controls otherwise tho... I honestly like the one stick and face-keys controls of the Syphon Filter PSP games more than the two-stick controls of real console shooters.

Plowed through GoW on normal. Challenge of Hades is pissing me off (kill alot of enemies while leeking blood like a sieve challenge). God mode is pissing me off too.

Playing Patapon to relieve stress. Gotta smash that castle with the catapult.

I've been cranking thru GoW as well... honestly, I've never really bought into the Challenge modes for GoW.... I couldn't finish the first game's set, and couldn't finish the second game's set, so i don't expect much from this one's... they always get too frustratingly hard.

OK, beat GoW in a few days, and decided to try out the challenges. The first one was easy, but the second one is really pissing me off. The flame guards all jump around like rabbits on crack, and don't even slow down when they land, but Kratos moves slower than a mentally handicapped amputee with MS (no offense to handicapped people). His recovery time from a super punch SUCKS! These kind of games need to come with a high blood pressure warning.

The game itself was awesome, but I hate the challenges. You have to be an ultra hardcore game nerd to master the moves to make it through. There is no motivation for the casual gamer (like myself) to try and make it through the challenges.

For challenge 2 just keep doing the L+triangle move fully charged in the air with the Gauntlet of Zeus. Make sure to do it over as many of them as possible or you'll get stabbed in the back from that one guy that was just out of range while you're recovering on the ground (like I did with the final guard, which made me have to do the challenge several times more to pass :angry: ). I love the blades of chaos, but it's suicide to fight on the ground so I had to switch to aerial gauntlet spam just to keep sane for that challenge ^_^

Edited by Mellow Yellow