The new 1/144 scale Valks by Popy

chowyunskinny

Thanks man. :D I can sleep easier tonight. :lol:

So who else is let down by series 2??

I didn't care for the poor seam fit on the nose (compared to the Doyusha), but the Minmay Guard has sold me!

Now I have to grab Series 1! <_<

OK, I'll jump on this as well, but I'm looking for a complete set of both series (not the whole random box thing) and I'd rather hear first from the members of this great board than go to ebay as an alternative. Or, can anyone suggest a reputable online store to purchase a complete set from at reasonable prices? I'm in the Toronto, Canada area - anyone with extras in the area - I might even treat them to a private viewing of my model collection... ;-)

I got my boxes in. QC got a lot better for sure over the first series. Less Weird gluing and a lil neater paint apps imho. Also, they freaking fixed the slightly uneven wings on the swing-wing units! yayyy!!

Don't expect to get a full set in one box. I ordered 2 boxes

box 1

1x TV super 1s

2x Minmei 1s

1x VT-1

2x Max 1j

2x Hik 1A normal

1x Hik 1A super

1x Kakizaki Chase

-- I got a full set in this box, woo!!

Box 2

4x F*cking hik 1a normal

1x TV super 1s

2x Minmei 1s

1x Hik 1A super

1x VT-1

1x Kakizaki Chase

From my two boxes, the VT-1 is just as rare as the freaking Kakizaki :(

Oh, pics of the VT-1 hi hi. It comes with a full sprue of accessory parts and even has a painted lil fuel node to slap on the booster heh heh. Rest of the valks are the same as the last batch, just new paint apps. I Just wish they'd give us CF's instead of freaking Hikky 1a's up teh arse

post-25-1202776996_thumb.jpg

post-25-1202777002_thumb.jpg

post-25-1202777006_thumb.jpg

post-25-1202777376_thumb.jpg

post-25-1202777381_thumb.jpg

Edited by Duymon

I got my boxes in. QC got a lot better for sure over the first series. Less Weird gluing and a lil neater paint apps imho. Also, they freaking fixed the slightly uneven wings on the swing-wing units! yayyy!!

Alright, Duymon. Any change/improvement to the seam line on the nose? How about the seating of the tail/backpack assembly?

It'll probably be a few more days 'til I get mine in. I'll be sure to post up the blow by blow when I open them B))

Alright, Duymon. Any change/improvement to the seam line on the nose? How about the seating of the tail/backpack assembly?

It'll probably be a few more days 'til I get mine in. I'll be sure to post up the blow by blow when I open them B))

The seam line in the nose is still there. Not sure but nose seam looks a wee bit better this time.

Backpack/tail assembly looks just like Volume 1 to me.

Like Volume 1, there are instances of "slop". Some are decent, others need work with a knife, glue, and paint (I've had to Gundam marker some areas! ARGH!).

Still, I'm quite happy with these mini-Valkyries. Goes along just fine with my crappily made 1/144 HGUC Gundams! :lol:

I'd love to see one of you guys take these Valkyries apart and remake/repaint them as you do with the Yamatos and 1/55 Takas.

Seamline is still there but noticeably smaller. Backpack assemblies were all glued on correctly on mine O_O

Though, the 1A heads are all still glued in funny and you'll have to take them out, cut off the nub and reglue them in for a nice looking 1A :p

I'm going to make a Max 1A out of one of my extra hikkies. I'll then take a 1s head, slap it on yet another extra hikky, and make the real skull squadron after I change the lines to yellow. Only then can you have the real skull squadron :p

Oh, the VT-1 is a swing-wing Ruskii :D

Edited by Duymon

I love these 1/144 Valks! And Hikaru and Millia look much better after a little bit of modding, I think. :)

1-144Valks.jpg

They go great with my Konami BSG Viper too. The seat in the viper is the same size as the seats in the Valks so they're either in the same scale or damned close.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

I like what you did. What did you use to take the missiles off? Were you able to get a clean cut?

Actually, I just broke them off and used a sharp knife to take the rest off with. I then used flat white on Hikaru to paint over those places. I still need to pick up some flat red for Millia's so I can finish her up. Then I'm going to put on the decals and remove the canopy's before sealing the decals in with Testor's Dull Coat.

-Kyp

Same as what i did with my Hikaru 1S, except i didn't paint over, just stuck extra medium pods on there aka DYRL? Final Assault style. My hikky 1J is clean cut though, and Millia, but haven't bothered to paint em clean yet, same again, used a sharp knife (scapel). And i haven't touched any of my Valks with the decals yet. :( I want to though..

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I decided to take the missile pods back off Millia and I also took it apart and made the wings movable. :D

1-144Valk-Millia.jpg

Turns out that though the wings on the ones that are non-movable are all one piece, but each side of the wings still has a peg that they fit in. So I removed the wing, and cut them into two pieces and put each wing back on their pegs and glued the chest piece back on.

I figured that since TV Max is that way, Millia should be too! :p

-Kyp

I finally got my Series Two boxes in B))

Here is what I got, in order of opening, including exciting down-to-the-minute-RuskiiVFaussie-Christmas-joy-style comments:

Box One:

1) VF-1A Hikaru Super (off to a nice start!)

2) VT-1 (Yes!)

3) VF-1S Minmay Guard (Cool!)

4) VF-1A Hikaru (...OK :))

5) VF-1J Max (Alright!)

6) VF-1S Roy Super (Yeah!)

7) VF-1A Kakizaki (Secret Figure - Ohhh Yeah)

8) VT-1 (Double-Yes!)

9) VF-1A Hikaru Super (More Supers!)

10) VF-1S Roy Super (Even More Supers!)

Good stuff, one box down, and already a full set plus desirable extras...

Box Two

1) VF-1S Roy Super (Wow, yet another!)

2) 1A Super Hikaru (...and yet another!)

3) VT-1 (Cool! 3 VT-1s!)

4) VF-1A Kakizaki (Another secret Valk! Coolness... (more on this))

5) VF-1S Roy Super (...er, OK, Yeah!)

6) VF-1A Super Hikaru (... And yet another, again!)

7) VT-1 (Wow, what's this, number four?!)

8) Minmay Guard (Alright! F*ck Yeah!)

9) VF-1A Hikaru (...Cool)

10) VF-1J Max (Alright, another one to round it out!)

From my first cursory inspection, it does look as if quality control is a little better than last time around. As mentioned earlier in the thread, paint and seamline work seems to be a bit better this time around... However, I still ended up with one of the same problems that I had on the first series: One of my Kakizaki 1As is missing a tailfin! Dammit, why the "secret" figure? Those who have followed this thread and the previous release may remember that I had the same problem with a VF-1J Millia from the first run :mellow: Nonetheless, these are such extremely cool little guys that it really doesn't bother me that much.

As I've mentioned previously, I'll make my extras available here at cost to anyone who wants them. The people who had asked me for them several months back will get first pick of the extras (you guys have PMs). I'll post up the remaining list of available valks soon.

Also, sorry, no pics for now, as my stupid frickin' cardreader has suddenly decided not to read any of my SD cards.

woww 4 VT-1, so that means that the VT-1m is the common figure on this set ??

Along with the Hikaru and Roy Supers it seems, at least in my case. Here is my condensed list:

VF-1A Kakizaki = 2 (1 Missing Tailfin)

VF-1A Hikaru = 2

VF-1A Hikaru Super = 4

VF-1S Roy Super = 4

VF-1J Max = 2

VT-1 = 4

Minmay Guard = 2

these would be extra awesome if they were variable. C'mon, guys! How hard can it be? I mean, TT makes those "world's smallest transformers." Why couldn't they do the same thing for Macross?

Gerwalk would require not a lot of work and only a tiny bit of custom making to compliment the parts (like hands) Battroid would require a bit more and several as sacrificial for each one. Im sure someone will/has somewhere.

I ordered 1 box of vol 1 and 2 from hlj on Tue, got a payment notice late last nigtht and paid through paypal this morning. Hopefully it will be shipped soon. I paid ~$105 shipped for both.

There is guy in hkml (a Chinese model forum) stripped, detailed and repainted a 1S Strike and a 1J. He even built a launch arm for the 1S. It is amazing. If I didn't read the title, I would have thought they are models not repainted toys. Not that I would mod them like he did, but seeing his Valks made me bought both vol 1 and 2. :lol:

Here's the link:

1S Strike with launch arm

http://www.hkml.net/Discuz/viewthread.php?...;extra=page%3D1

1S WIP

http://www.hkml.net/Discuz/viewthread.php?...2&highlight

1J with platform

He is also making a VE