The new 1/144 scale Valks by Popy

chowyunskinny

it looks promising, but so did series 1.

weren't these things riddled with problems?

1. mystery packaging so you don't know what you're buying

2. no guarantee you get all of them even if you buy an entire case

3. chase figure gayness...maybe its in there, maybe it isn't.

1+2+3 = none of my money

Yeah, the set I got was full of problems. But for the Minmay Guard.

1+2+3 = Fool me twice.

I will just buy a hand picked set from a different seller......

Then everyone can laugh if I get burned a second time.

Custom Uses for the 1/144 Popy Valks:

You can hang these off your christmas tree as christmas ornaments!

They'd also make cute earings.

You can also sprinkle them on top of salad.

Your wife can use them to play a trick on you by hiding your 1/48's one day when you're asleep and replace them with the Popy's so you wake up and wonder if your valks shrunk or did you just get bigger. Then you can sell the rights to an original movie starring Rick Moranis titled, "Honey, I Shrunk the Valkyries."

Also, if you are left home alone you can spread them accross the floor to deter would-be home invaders from entering your domice successfully as they slip and fall flat on their backs when they accidentally step on them.

If you have a cold or viral infection, you can inject them into your bloodstream so they can make internal repairs to your immune system and give you secret super powers by tapping into your muscular, endrocine, and central nervous systems.

You can put them on a hook and catch fish with them.

You can go to your local restaurant and order some soup, and when no one's looking drop one of these in your bowl and flag down a waiter to complain, "excuse me, but there's a valk in my soup," and you'll get your meal for free!

Also, if you sprinkle some on yourself and think of happy thoughts, you can fly!

My apologies. I just think these valks are too cute. And I'm bored. :p

Edited by redemption

Brilliant!! ! !! :lol: I like to sprinkle them on myself too so i can flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..

Your wife can use them to play a trick on you by hiding your 1/48's one day when you're asleep and replace them with the Popy's so you wake up and wonder if your valks shrunk or did you just get bigger. Then you can sell the rights to an original movie starring Rick Moranis titled, "Honey, I Shrunk the Valkyries."

Also, if you are left home alone you can spread them accross the floor to deter would-be home invaders from entering your domice successfully as they slip and fall flat on their backs when they accidentally step on them.

If you have a cold or viral infection, you can inject them into your bloodstream so they can make internal repairs to your immune system and give you secret super powers by tapping into your muscular, endrocine, and central nervous systems.

You can go to your local restaurant and order some soup, and when no one's looking drop one of these in your bowl and flag down a waiter to complain, "excuse me, but there's a valk in my soup," and you'll get your meal for free!

Also, if you sprinkle some on yourself and think of happy thoughts, you can fly!

wtf is this? Just the VT (supreme Yayness!) and Minmay Act and Max 1J with a couple of Non Strike Supered Roy and Hik's?

BAH! I will not be buying a box this time, i will get mine off ebay as a set, or just the ones i want, being VT, 1J Max, and MA.

And i suppose the 1S Super Roy (Hik really). Bit of a dissapointment really. :( Which one is the chase? Minny Act?

Should have had a Low Vis 1 as the chase.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Another great thing to note they don't have those crappy 1J fixed posed wings.

These look like proper swivel wings! I might still grab a box, i had way too much fun last time collecting my full set last time.

I guess with the extras i can custom colour. :) I'd rather more non-super valks than these though..

I dunno, i haven't made a decision. The only real highlight is the VT-1 unfortunately.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

• 2 weeks later...

Series 2 is up for pre-order early bird on HLJ.com. http://www.hlj.com/product/HAP81075

I am still not sold in buying a box. Last time a box was totally worth it as there was alot more variety..

but too many supers for my liking. Only the Max VF-1A and VT-1 & VF-1S super are worthy. I think i'll evilbay these.

Any more word on which one is the secret Valk???? That's a very important question.

Obviously we are missing one valk. Only 6 shown here in the Series 2...

(1 Hik1S, 2 Roy1S, 3 Hik 1J, 4 Millia 1J, 5 Angelbird 1A, 6 CF-1A and Max Zentradi Secret were in the 1st edition.)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

...Any more word on which one is the secret Valk???? That's a very important question.

Obviously we are missing one valk. Only 6 shown here in the Series 2...

(1 Hik1S, 2 Roy1S, 3 Hik 1J, 4 Millia 1J, 5 Angelbird 1A, 6 CF-1A and Max Zentradi Secret were in the 1st edition.)

To add to that list, ser. 2 is: 1) Hikaru DYRL 1A, 2) Max 1J, 3) VT-1 Ostrich, 4) Minmay Paris Act, 5) Roy 1S Super, 6) Hikaru DYRL 1A Super

If there's going to be a chase figure, I'd really like a VF-1D or a VE-1. Other possibilities might be a Kakizaki 1A (in DYRL or TV trim, super or non), DYRL Max 1A, DYRL Max 1S, or even cooler, a Rabbit-Shuttle :p

Since I've got twenty of these on order (2 boxes), there should be plenty of spares to go around once I've picked out my set. To help people avoid Ebay fleecing, I'll be happy to offer up my extras to board members at cost.

ooooo a 1D would make me order a box! :D Hiriyu if we ever find out what the secret valk is (being something like a 1D)

I will deffinently get a box for myself, but if it's something stupid like a 1J with non swivel wings and missiles i'd love

to grab a VT-1, Max 1J and a Roy 1S off ya. ;D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

To add to that list, ser. 2 is: 1) Hikaru DYRL 1A, 2) Max 1J, 3) VT-1 Ostrich, 4) Minmay Paris Act, 5) Roy 1S Super, 6) Hikaru DYRL 1A Super

If there's going to be a chase figure, I'd really like a VF-1D or a VE-1. Other possibilities might be a Kakizaki 1A (in DYRL or TV trim, super or non), DYRL Max 1A, DYRL Max 1S, or even cooler, a Rabbit-Shuttle :p

Since I've got twenty of these on order (2 boxes), there should be plenty of spares to go around once I've picked out my set. To help people avoid Ebay fleecing, I'll be happy to offer up my extras to board members at cost.

Pm`d you

http://www.hlj.com/product/HAP81058

We are deffinently getting a secret valk, it's the same price as Series 1.

I have decided i'm gonna shut up and order a box. It's too much fun!

Edit -

Is it possible to get '2' Secret Valks in one box??

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Brilliant!! ! !! :lol: I like to sprinkle them on myself too so i can flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..

I have seen your reply at least 10 times and I still think it's about the funniest thing I have EVER heard! I laugh out loud every time. I would like to say thanks, I like laughing :p

Edited by sqidd

lol no worries :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just imagine me breaking out into a disney esque song while levitating like Peter Pan. :lol:

I like to laugh too. :p I have a sick sense of humour at the best of times hahah

Thank redemption too as he was the one that started the Valk faerie dust saga! :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

• 2 weeks later...

Wave 2, no such thing as a wave 3.

------

Still no bloody news of a secret valk. I'll be spewing if there is no secret valk!!!!!

Maybe somewhere in that link it states there "is" actually a secret valk?

On the plus, the VT-1 is the first Super to have working swivel wings!!! :D YES!

Why couldn't they do that for all the valks i don't know.

With my 1S Strike i ripped off all the missiles, as too with my Hikky 1J Millia 1J.

And for my Hikky 1S i did it canon as his assination mission (all medium ranged missile pods).

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Wave 2, no such thing as a wave 3.

------

Still no bloody news of a secret valk. I'll be spewing if there is no secret valk!!!!!

Maybe somewhere in that link it states there "is" actually a secret valk?

On the plus, the VT-1 is the first Super to have working swivel wings!!! :D YES!

Why couldn't they do that for all the valks i don't know.

With my 1S Strike i ripped off all the missiles, as too with my Hikky 1J Millia 1J.

And for my Hikky 1S i did it canon as his assination mission (all medium ranged missile pods).

One of the online retailers mentioned there being a secret valk, so here's to hoping... (Elint, Elint, Elint) B))

Regarding the wing-sweep, I think that they will technically ALL do wing sweep, it's just that all the previous Supers had their wings glued. Bet that if you worked the wings on your de-missiled 1S and 1Js, they would eventually free up.

No HLJ.com expected release is January. :(

but on the bright side it's coinciding with the 1/5000 SDF-1 release! gonna have fun posing them around the sdf.

i already told my boss that the day the TV SDF-1 is delivered to me, i wont be at work...

he was like "SDF-What...

i was like, nevermind, be prepared for me calling out that day.

One of the online retailers mentioned there being a secret valk, so here's to hoping... (Elint, Elint, Elint) B))

Regarding the wing-sweep, I think that they will technically ALL do wing sweep, it's just that all the previous Supers had their wings glued. Bet that if you worked the wings on your de-missiled 1S and 1Js, they would eventually free up.

Yeah i suspect that it's possible too, just haven't had a go at it.

The mod i was attempting was converting one of my Super Roy's into Half Gerwalk.

The swivel wing mod for the Supers would be neato!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

• 2 weeks later...

People that missed the first round get another chance, well, until the order starts again in April... how the hell did the order stop so fast?

linky - http://www.hlj.com/product/HAP81058

man i can't keep up with HLJ.com sometimes lol, it's like something comes up in the space of two days and it's already order filled out again! :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

People that missed the first round get another chance, well, until the order starts again in April... how the hell did the order stop so fast?

linky - http://www.hlj.com/product/HAP81058

man i can't keep up with HLJ.com sometimes lol, it's like something comes up in the space of two days and it's already order filled out again! :lol:

Cool. Looks like F-Toys took note of demand. Now people don't have to be fleeced on Ebay B))