The Soul of Chogokin thread!

Fort Max

Alright... I've come down to it... I really just want one good posable and durable Eva figure to play with and I need some other modelling stuff from HLJ anyway... I'm going to go with either the black SoC Eva unit 03, or, for ten bucks more, I can get the SPEC Eva-01... whcih is going to be better? I like the newer pics I've seen of the SPEC Eva, but I want to know about durability... I assume the SoC Evas are built like tanks bc/ of the die-cast content... but how durable is the mostly plastic SPEC Eva???

Can't help you on that one. I didn't get the 2nd release because I was still truamatised from getting the EVA SOC in the worst possible timing - I brought the whole set just 3 months prior the re-issue annoucement..sniffle...sniffle....

My only only comment would be Bandai didn't add the "R" initial to the second release, so I am guessing there would be no improvement

Come to think of it, I should have buy the 2md release because I am getting the feeling that the EVA SOC's movement joint will eventually become very loose.

There's not alot of improvements between the earlier add later figures, are there?

I got these pics from Mediworld forums Posted by "edwint52". I have one, but my camera isnt that good. Definitely durable, I dont know about that broken hip one people have been talking about (hey some people just play rough) and if anything, I think the SPEC EVA1 is alot more posable than the SOC one (even with the armor on). Its even a little bit more detailed than the SOC.

Dont mind he color at all. Its alot different in person. Downside? Not enough diecast and maybe they could of added more posablity to the armored head.

Enjoy..

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by holytoledo69

Seems like I'm the only one that prefers the color of the SPEC Eva01 to the SoC Eva01.

Definitely think the SPEC captures the anime look more, whereas the SoC paint just looks too metalic IMO and the Eva01 that I remember from the anime definitely was not metalic purple!

Graham

Well, I ended up buying the SPEC Eva too... I might end up grabbing some of the normal SoC Evas later, but hearing that the SPEC Eva is durable is good news... how much die-cast IS in the SPEC Eva? I just wish it came with the launch pad base the normal SoC Evas came with...

Well, I ended up buying the SPEC Eva too... I might end up grabbing some of the normal SoC Evas later, but hearing that the SPEC Eva is durable is good news... how much die-cast IS in the SPEC Eva? I just wish it came with the launch pad base the normal SoC Evas came with...

Quoting edwint52:

most of the leg armor is diecast..except form some small parts..the rest of the armour on the body is all plastics, so is the naked body within..all weapons are plastic.some of the joints are metal..no soc stand and no rifle case unlike soc14..1 pilot tube included instead of the usual 3 from soc14..pistol clip is detachable.a whole bunch of extra hands unlike soc 14 which serves 2 pairs only.

after fixin the armor on its just abt the same weight as the original soc version, although the diecast content is lesser..

if u're lookin to buy an eva cos of metal content go for soc 14..if u're goin for playability/ articulation, no of accessories, anime accuracy this will be for u..

oh..abt the package..no styrofoam..plastic tray laugh.gif

Personally, I also like the colour on the Spec a lot more than the Soc. Hope they do more.

Seems like I'm the only one that prefers the color of the SPEC Eva01 to the SoC Eva01.

Definitely think the SPEC captures the anime look more, whereas the SoC paint just looks too metalic IMO and the Eva01 that I remember from the anime definitely was not metalic purple!

Graham

I've been surprised that people seem to prefer the metallic sheen of SOC 01 to the SPEC's anime accurate colours, perhaps they're just looking for a reason not to buy it. :p

Didn't know the slide moved on the gun, that is a sweet detail.

The colors on the SPEC Eva I can handle... they look anime accurate without being gaudy like, say, the Revoltech Eva...

That's weird that they didn't make more of the inner body die-cast, but somehow in the end, I'm sure I'll like it better that way... too bad about no rifle case tho...

Ideon: OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at the size of this beast!!! Gunbuster looks like a little kid next to Ideon :o:o:o:o

very beautiful proportion. I hope they use a fair amount of diecsat on the feet to keep this guy free standing. I assume the head is not quit finished.

King Joe: know nothing about this guy and the design is not exactly my cup of tea, but the SOC looks beautiful. It might just have enough retro feel to push me over the line.

Lightan: The lightans are just so cute and have been my 80s fav for a long time. Got the GX-32 but was slightly disappointed that it has little diecast (but the plated gold was OK, I guess..). Does it mean Bandai is re-releasing the Lightan?

Edited by Mowe

Ha...ha...but find me a Santa Claus that can perform duo-transformation and still manage to do a karate pose :D

I just figured out why I don't like Ideon. He reminds me of a robot santa claus wearing ice skates.

King Joe can transform as shown on pics.

Good to hear... I can't wait to see some more pics of it... don't know when mine will be shipped, so I went ahead and am buying the Blue Unit 00 SoC figure as well from someone on the boards :lol: That way I figure I will be able to determine which one is more fun to play with, AND I'll have both of my favorite Evas... so in the end I got both wanted anyway.

Ha..ha...you were just using us to get you over the line. :lol::lol:

That way I figure I will be able to determine which one is more fun to play with, AND I'll have both of my favorite Evas... so in the end I got both wanted anyway.

Competition always benefits the consumers. Can’t tell the size of that thing, but it’s details are very beautiful.

CM's really start to kick arse and Toynami get one in the eye!

Aka, Brave Gokin: LEIGOSS AND TREAD! :o

http://wildcats.pupui.jp/mt/archives/2007/02/cms.html

Chowyunskinny, this is already being discussed in the "I'm going to wonderfest" thread started by the G-man in the toys fourm, I was too slow.

Also, CM's has nothing to do with Yamato (to my knowledge), they've established themselves as a wild card that does whatever it pleases.

They seem like an anime fan with his own toy factory to me. :lol:

But since this is "my" Gokin thread, here's some more. :D

(Though both of these might not actually be Gokins)

CM's go for SHE's throat as well with their own line of (possibily combining) Gaiking figures from the recent remake,

http://www.sgcollect.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=55666

Max Factory pick a bad time to do another Eva 01

http://www.sgcollect.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=55668

Does anybody know what those mechs that are next to CM's Leigoss and Tread are?

The one on the back shelf next to the Tread looks pretty whack.

Edited by Fort Max

I think I mixed up CMS with Atelier Sai (didn't Atelier start what ended up as the Yamato Garland?)

So how's the quality on CMS gokins? Anyone have the Ingram?

Ah, yeah AS started the Garland and did some BGC figures as well.

Ingrams have only just been released, http://pony-hp3.web.infoseek.co.jp/BRAVE-INGRAM.htm

It has very visible screw holes marring it and a fair few swap parts for very simple operations, the pop up lights for instance do not pop up at all.

Legioss and Tread has it's own thread now in this very forum so go there to lust! :lol:

Some other gokin news that might interest you guys from robot-japan forum

1)SOC Getter robo 3 pc set GX-06 reissue on Jun 2007 ( Hong kong release not Japan)

2) SOC Zambot GX-23 reissue on Jun 2007

3) Maxfactory maxgokin GGGG version 1.5 release this year.

(It is an upgraded version of "MAX Goukin Genesic Gaogaigar" released almost two years ago)

1) Maxfactory maxgokin Big O... release next year

2) SOC Raideen GX-38 is year (Confirm)

3) SOC Daltanius GX-39 is year ( Not Confirm )

4) SOC Daimos GX-40 is year ( Not Confirm) ( to complete the Robot Romance Trilogy ...Combattler V, Voltes V and Daimos)

Ha..ha...you were just using us to get you over the line.

Basically... I was just in a fun action figure buying mood, and I really needed a quick fix, but I also wanted the SPEC Eva after seeing the really nice pics, so the SPEC Eva is a fun purchase, but the Ble SoC Eva is a "I need a new fun figure to play wtih NOW' buy...

So, are there any new SoC Eva adopters' tips I should know or things I need to worry about?

OMFG!!!!! The combining Gaiking (if becomes reality) will blow all other Gaikings away. Do CM normally use die-cast for their toys?

CM's go for SHE's throat as well with their own line of (possibily combining) Gaiking figures from the recent remake,

http://www.sgcollect.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=55666

1)SOC Getter robo 3 pc set GX-06 reissue on Jun 2007 ( Hong kong release not Japan)

(It is an upgraded version of "MAX Goukin Genesic Gaogaigar" released almost two years ago)

4) SOC Daimos GX-40 is year ( Not Confirm) ( to complete the Robot Romance Trilogy ...Combattler V, Voltes V and Daimos)

I finally got a Gunbuster on the way. :) I placed an order for the gx-23 and gx-06 I'm no sure about the Gx38 39 or 40 yet, though i'll probably get those too. I need pics to be sure of the Max Factroy stuff. The Cms Gaiking look nice but I want more info.

I always loved Raideen since the old Marvel Comics "Shogun Warriors" days (back when I was a young'un and didn't know they all came from Japan :D ). I'll be all over that one, for sure.