The Soul of Chogokin thread!

Fort Max

It's the SPT Layzner (Super Powered Tracer) from the 80's anime of the same name.

This toy is hugely disappointing to me because I thought it would be the be all and end all of the Layzner popularity resurgence and it is but'll it cost you and you won't like the numbers. :(

The sticking point is that it's 8000 odd yen for a figure that's 4-5" high, has very few accessories and whose main selling point seems to be a talking base.

If Bandai were to release it without the base for less then 4500 then I'd be all over it.

It's the SPT Layzner (Super Powered Tracer) from the 80's anime of the same name.

This toy is hugely disappointing to me because I thought it would be the be all and end all of the Layzner popularity resurgence and it is but'll it cost you and you won't like the numbers. :(

The sticking point is that it's 8000 odd yen for a figure that's 4-5" high, has very few accessories and whose main selling point seems to be a talking base.

If Bandai were to release it without the base for less then 4500 then I'd be all over it.

4-5 inches tall? that uh kinda small for this I thought it'd be at least 6 inches or something.

Oh well it wasn't at the top of my list anyway. <_<

4-5 inches tall? that uh kinda small for this I thought it'd be at least 6 inches or something.

Funny, my wife said the same thing early in our relationship. :D

OK, just to not be a total knob I'll ask something relevant. Those of you with the SOP Yamato, what are your thoughts? I heard that the re-release fixed some problems that the original had. And it's still available at a reasonable price. Including shipping, the Yamato and Dancouga are the same price, so I am choosing which one to get as I can't afford both. :(

Although, the new 2.5 foot long Yamato is out. For a bargain price of $375! I watched the video on hlj.com and seriously considered redrawing some mortgage money to get it (and not tell my wife. Although where I would hide it I have no idea)

Funny, my wife said the same thing early in our relationship. :D

OK, just to not be a total knob I'll ask something relevant. Those of you with the SOP Yamato, what are your thoughts? I heard that the re-release fixed some problems that the original had. And it's still available at a reasonable price. Including shipping, the Yamato and Dancouga are the same price, so I am choosing which one to get as I can't afford both. :(

Although, the new 2.5 foot long Yamato is out. For a bargain price of $375! I watched the video on hlj.com and seriously considered redrawing some mortgage money to get it (and not tell my wife. Although where I would hide it I have no idea)

Dancouga is a nice big figure.. IF you dont mind the loose head and hands. If it were me I'd get the Ideon (the pics changed my mind Lolz).. BUT if your a die-hard Starblazers fan, go definitely with the YAMATO. I'd like to BUT I have no space for it. Lights, sounds (the wave motion gun and engine is amazing!!) and movable turrets (motorized)!!

The first issue SOP Yamato is a nice enough display piece, but I was very let down by the cheap electronics parts (shorted out after a month). If this has indeed been addressed, then it might be a worthwhile purchase.

The new 1/350 ship is a whale of a KIT. With unpainted brass cannon barrels and photo-etched parts. ASSEMBLY IS VERY REQUIRED. It's all up to you :-)

I'm perfectly fine with my SOP Yamato, the electronics still work fine (removed the batteries a long time ago though). There could have been more diecast but it's still worthy of the Space Cruiser Yamato name.

I'm waiting for the SOP Andromeda.

The first issue SOP Yamato is a nice enough display piece, but I was very let down by the cheap electronics parts (shorted out after a month). If this has indeed been addressed, then it might be a worthwhile purchase.

The new 1/350 ship is a whale of a KIT. With unpainted brass cannon barrels and photo-etched parts. ASSEMBLY IS VERY REQUIRED. It's all up to you :-)

I know nothing about Yamato but the engineer in me freaked out at the stuff that "kit" can do. Painting a few barrels and being careful with photo etched parts aside it's another of Bandai's "all but a self assembly toy" specials.

I'm very tempted but I think I'm gonna wait for the inevitable White Base model which will (at this rate) probably have working catapults...

I definitely love the gimmicks in it.....but.... I know I would probably never get around to building it. My HGUC Dendrobium is still sitting pretty in its box all these years....I'll never sell it though. NEVER.

Possible Daltanious SOC!!!!! :o

Although it reads "2007 Wistlist Mecha" and I presume it is only speculation, the idea of owning a SOC of Daltanious sends shiver down my spine.

The Daltanious will be a sure win for the fans and Bandai if its transformation and quality are as close to the Gunbuster and as big as the Ideon. God, if they do decide to make it, I hope they will pick a decent scale (the size of the Walker Galliar and Xabungle are just disappointing).

Hell, my days of drooling over the Ebay price tag of the Vintage Daltanious will be finally be over (if it happens...crossing my fingers!!! )

Bty, I don't know who the other two guys are but they looked retro to me too.

[attachmentid=40593]

post-3608-1171895356_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mowe

Holy sh*t, read more news, the Gx-02r (Great Mazinger), the Gx-06 (Getter Team) and the Gx-23 (zambot) will be re-issued in 2007!!! Woo...Whoo!!!

Had always been tempting to bid for the Zambot at a higher price due to short supply, I gues I'll now wait for the re-issue, and lets hope it has improvement on the movement joints!!!!

Edited by Mowe

Holy sh*t, read more news, the Gx-02r (Great Mazinger), the Gx-06 (Getter Team) and the Gx-23 (zambot) will be re-issued in 2007!!! Woo...Whoo!!!

Had always been tempting to bid for the Zambot at a higher price due to short supply, I gues I'll now wait for the re-issue, and lets hope it has improvement on the movement joints!!!!

Bout frakking time. I ain't paying scalper prices for the GX-06. Though I'll have to get the trainers since I want the command vehicle too.....

Possible Daltanious SOC!!!!! :o

Although it reads "2007 Wistlist Mecha" and I presume it is only speculation, the idea of owning a SOC of Daltanious sends shiver down my spine.

The Daltanious will be a sure win for the fans and Bandai if its transformation and quality are as close to the Gunbuster and as big as the Ideon. God, if they do decide to make it, I hope they will pick a decent scale (the size of the Walker Galliar and Xabungle are just disappointing).

Hell, my days of drooling over the Ebay price tag of the Vintage Daltanious will be finally be over (if it happens...crossing my fingers!!! )

Bty, I don't know who the other two guys are but they looked retro to me too.

[attachmentid=40593]

Wow, that page alone shows Daltanious, Daimos (He'll be well received by Robot Japan's posters) and old Reideen for the main SOC line.

Plus Dragonar for the Spec line (meh) and L-Gain (Woo!)

Finally, there's stuff about the new Reideen and Dancougar animes possibly indicating toys for them as well.

If all those are true then that's pretty much Bandai's line up for most of this year.

Edited by Fort Max

woohoo! Great news on the Getter team and Zambot! they are the only two I am chasing.. besides the Dancouga and Yamato and..

Based of hlj discontinued prices for the above the standard prices should be around

Getter Team $124

Zambot - $149

Now I wonder if they will release the Zambo ace to the general public?

Bout farting time. I ain't paying scalper prices for the GX-06. Though I'll have to get the trainers since I want the command vehicle too.....

Cool

the GX-06 finally comes back and I thought they'd never release the Zambot again

I hope they made some improvements on it as well.

The below quote is from here Don'y know how reliable is that but at least someone is making a claim. I'll be working for Bandai this year.... :wacko:

SOC 2007 Official from Bandai

Official News from Bandai!!!!!!!

What you see here in this picture posted by Bizzio (thanks Bizzio ) are the future production from Bandai, in fact there will be produced 2 of this gohkin: Daltanious, Daimos , Raideen!!!

They will be produced before the end of 2007

So there will not be the release of Daitarn 3 for this year.

The project drawing for Daltanious, Raideen and Daimos are already prepared.

Call me a philistine but King Joe does nothing for me. He looks like what he is: a dude in a rubber suit. Reminds me of the robot from that old sci fi movie Forbidden Planet.

Question time again! ;) What's the difference between the Mega House and the Fewture tachikomas coming out soon?

I'm definitely getting one of them.. just dunno which one. Is one more gimmick-laden than the other? Bigger/smaller? Washes your dishes?

2 mins later after Googling.. Mega House is 1/20, Fewture is 1/24. Mega House is ABS and seems to have a lot of gimmicks and a Motoko figure that can fit inside. From what I can gather, the Fewture one is a gokin version of the vinyl toy that came out in late 2006.

pics here! http://robotjapan.proboards12.com/index.cg...8571&page=2

I think I have to say I'm gonna be a traitor and get the ABS one with the cool gimmicks. It's cheaper too.

Edit: pics of the Fewture toy: http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en&am...l%3Den%26sa%3DG

says diecast is 60% and some sort of engrish translation about an led light gimmick in the back.

Edited by Guppy

Hey guys, I wanted to ask the SoC gurus about the Sould of Chogokin Evas... are they worth hunting down for around 50-60 bucks a pop? For some reason I really like the look of them and want one, but want to make sure they're worth it first, because otherwise I'll just look for a Kaiyado one instead...

The first ones... either the Blue 00' or 03 I think... I like Unit 04, but already have the Revoltech one, and would rather not real with trying to keep the chrome looking nice as I REALLY want a good solid Eva toy to play with constantly... the Revoltechs are great to pose, but the Eva Revoltechs aren't that much fun... I find Revoltech does the other classic mecha much better...

If you only want one EVA SOC and don't have EVA-001 yet, I highly recommend EVA-001. It has alot more accessory than the others and it is the only Eva that has the Samurai Blades. Its paint job is also the best of them all.

EVA 01 (Blue) & Eva03 (Black) are both nice in their own ways. The Blue one has a very nice sparkle paint job while the Black Eva has a matt finish.

Definitely don't get Eva02 if you are getting one EVA SOC only, very disappointing paint job.

And I agreed with you about Revoltech is not very good at Evas when compares to the other stuffs they put out.

[attachmentid=40634]

post-3608-1172159763_thumb.jpg

I think I want to get one good Tachikoma so I might get the GSC Tachikoma (with the 3.5 inch Motoko Kusanagi "action figure, diecast & ABS)

The Fewture EX is the 2nd Gig Tachi. Since I don't like the paws of the Tachi from 2nd Gig, I can forget about that one.

The Mega House Perfect Peice is all ABS, so it might not have the weight feel. So I'll pass it too.

The M

There are just so many Tachikoma, I hope I choose the right one...

I'm definitely getting one of them.. just dunno which one. Is one more gimmick-laden than the other? Bigger/smaller? Washes your dishes?

I think I have to say I'm gonna be a traitor and get the ABS one with the cool gimmicks. It's cheaper too.

Edited by Mowe