The Soul of Chogokin thread!

Fort Max

Got my Gunbster today and man this thing is beyond awesome. I love this toy. It's awesomeness, in fact, has completely overshadowed my Ingram breaking immediately after being opened.

Also another late Gunbuster arrival here - and I nominate the Gunbusters transforming feet for Toy of the Year. I have absolutely no idea how they made those fold up like they did! Makes MP Starscream look like a Go-Bot... :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

New Aoshima Gokins announced, coutsey of nakajo on TBDX.com

"June 2007 - SSG Power Loader Machine Alien Vs Predator - 20 cm - Jpy 16,800

June 2007 - SSG Godzilla Vs Gaigan Maser Cannon & Maser Truck - 36 cm - Jpy 14,800

October 2007 - SSG Shin Getter 2 OVA Version w/Jin Hayato - 20 cm - Jpy 9,800

October2007 - SSG Shin Getter 2 Metallic Kawai w/Emperor Goul - 20 cm - Jpy 9,800

October 2007 - SSG Shin Getter 2 Anime Export Limited 1,500 - - 20 cm - Jpy 9,800 (this one not yet confirmed ^^)

October 2007 - SGM Queen Emeraldas - 45 cm (!) - Jpy 16,800 "

The SV-51 can go to hell, I've wanted a power loader for years! :D

thanks for the pics! I still think I'll pass on Mr.Ideon. The Jolly Red Giant look isn't my thing. Plus those big pointy toes..

but a Power Loader! I'm there!

Does anybody know if the Gunbuster is confirmed as being re-issued

I saw that on HLJ its marked for future release.

I'd like to know too.. I missed out on the 1st run.

Why are you waiting for re-issue, now is th best time to pick one up from YahooJP or ebay for lower price than the original RRP. Got one a week ago for $14,000 Yen. :)

Does anybody know if the Gunbuster is confirmed as being re-issued

I saw that on HLJ its marked for future release..

Edited by Mowe

I am a big Eva toys fan and the idea of removable armor is great, but seeing the pictures of the naked eva, it is just not as exciting as the Gunbuster and the Ideon, and yes it looks more like a mannequin than the raging beast...may be that is why it cost $90 instead of $180? :blink:

On the other hand, the Ideon pics look truely awsome, I am so happy with the Gunbuster that I have every faith with bandai that the Ideon will be a well built toys and fun/easy transformation. You know, these latest Bandai SOCs are quickly diverting a good portion of my toy funds from Yamato...:)

Yeah it's nearly all plastic but the colours are great, it's good value for money and it will make a fantastic mannequin.

Edited by Mowe

I like the New Soul of Spec Eva and I'm going to pick one up.

I kind of hope that they only do Eva Unit 1 though. Between the GX Soul of Chogokin Evas, the Revoltechs and now this Spec offshoot, it's just too much.

But who am I kidding, the other Evas are inevitable especially with the Rebuild of Evangelion coming this summer. *sigh*

I just got my Gunbuster a week or so ago, problem is i am deployed so i can't even hold it until may, and that sucks. Luckily i had a sent to a friend's house who is watching my place for me while i am gone. Unfortunately all the toys and stuff i buy i won't be able to do anything with until then. I have a SHE perfect change getter robo on the way too. dammit.

I just got my Gunbuster a week or so ago, problem is i am deployed so i can't even hold it until may, and that sucks. Luckily i had a sent to a friend's house who is watching my place for me while i am gone. Unfortunately all the toys and stuff i buy i won't be able to do anything with until then. I have a SHE perfect change getter robo on the way too. dammit.

Well once you get back your gonna have a lot goodies to play with.

I had hoped that under the armor of the EVa their would be the true face with teeth and maybe

able to open the jaw up. But over all it looks really good. its a lot more plastic than i expected though.

searched ebay and found some gunbusters total would be just about $220 +/- that including the shipping

but I don't feel like spending that , since I want more Macross stuff. I may break down and just get one

I just got the Walker Gallia today Its pretty cool ...small , but cool

its the accessories that were included that help 6 differen Hands , the 2 guns and so on.

[attachmentid=39928][attachmentid=39929][attachmentid=39931][attachmentid=39932][attachmentid=39933][attachmentid=39934][attachmentid=39935]

post-3216-1169834923_thumb.jpg

post-3216-1169834935_thumb.jpg

post-3216-1169835040_thumb.jpg

post-3216-1169835067_thumb.jpg

post-3216-1169835213_thumb.jpg

post-3216-1169835220_thumb.jpg

post-3216-1169835227_thumb.jpg

Drifand, I liked Xabungle a lot but I'm not sure about Gallier, is it worth the dough?

Don't know how much it costs you but I bought mine locally in Singapore for about 60 USD. It's 'small' but packs a lot of diecast, weighs nearly twice as much as Xabungle and is a lot sturdier too. All the joints are detented and diecast. I really like the thought the designers put into it - they've include quite a few new features and gimmicks that were never executed before in either the huge Clover DX, the 90's HCM, or the rubbery WMiA:

- Elevating guns in the torso turret

- Hidden clips in the arms and legs to secure the vehicle modes

- Landing gear for the Gally Hover

- Flip out search light

- Waist joint!

- Actual stowable fists (only when using the smaller clenched fists, but nice to have them)

- Stowable bazooka on the hover fan assembly (hard to believe it took so long)

- Elbows that can bend more than 90 degrees

- Beautifully detailed tires (molded with the word 'INNOCENT')

Plus the very nifty hover truck that can pack away the spare weapons and extra fists (but is not as easy to assemble as I thought!). The Durun Type is also excellent, although the long blue arms are a bit fragile - I fractured one of the spars (not totally broken) because I press down too hard when assembling it.

Only one quibble: the feet (feet, not legs) cannot rotate forward, unlike all previous versions of the Galliar. Why? I don't know. This means that when you pose the toy with one leg forward and one back, the foot on the back leg cannot lay flat on the ground. Instead, it wil be on tip toe (see my first pic). Ach!

Still.. definitely worth it to any 80s Real Robot fan :-)

I' have really gotten into SOC and other chogokins in last few months partly due to great threads like this one. Actually I'm more into it now than Macross or Transformers, not that I don't spend money still on those too (just picked up 1/60 VF-1A Max and Queadluun-Rau). Just got done watching the entire Mazinger TV series, movies, and Mazinkaiser OVA and movie. I was only able to see Mazinger as Tranzor when I was a kid. Eventhough its very old the Mazinger series was really great to see again.

I really need to take som pics of collection now as it has grown insanely in the last few months. Stuff keeps coming out and I keep getting good deals. It has really gotten way out of control.

Last few months I've pick up:

GX-01R Mazinger

GX-01RG Gold Mazinger

GX-02R Great Mazinger

GX-04S Grendizer

GX-07 Mazinger OVA (got 2 of these cause I love it)

GX-08 Aphrodai A

GX-09 Minerva X

GX-10 Boss

GX-11 Dianan A

GX-12 Venus A

GX-13 Dancouga

GX-25 Garada

GX-26 Doublas

GX-27 Gaiking

GX-34 Gunbuster

Maxfactory Mazinkaiser

Aoshima Kawai Limited Mazinkaiser Blackwing

Aoshima Daishogun

Aoshima Limited Daishogun

Takara Brave MP-B01 & MP-B02

Ideon is looking pretty awesome too. I don't know that anime, but if he's anything like Dancouga I want it.

I'm preordering a Brave Patlabor Movie version. I've seen the movies, but not the TV series. Does anyone know exactly what the difference between the Movie and TV series versions is?

Edited by R_Deckard

Hmm, I think we actually discussed the Ingram differences before here: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...ic=21004&hl

And yeah, Ideon is looking great. At first I was getting worried that they weren't going to be able to put the panels on the shoulders where the head gets covered by. But they pulled it off, and there's no big hole now. It's Bandai after all. :p

Thanks for the link. I'm thinking the movie version looks the best of the 2.

BTW, I did take some quick shots of Dancouga a couple months ago.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Ebay haul last month. All for $234 New. Except GX-01R, he wasn't part of the lot, he sneaked into the pic somehow.

IPB Image

Nice pics and great collection BTW. I recently have gotten back to the SOC line as well. I just recieved GX-27 Gaiking. In the last few months I've bought the Aoshima Black Getter one, and the SOC Getter dragun.

Deckard where did you get the Mazinger TV series from? I'd love to go back and see some of those old cartoons.

Nice box arts. The proportion of the Eva is pretty good too (I didn't like the Revoltech sculpt, they were too chuppy to be a beast).

As an Eva fan, I 'll get one. I hope they produce more weapons variation if they make more Evas, and please Unit 005...