The Soul of Chogokin thread!

Fort Max

I am surprise to see Bandai continuing the TV Eva Specs.

Personally, I think the Movie Eva Specs were much better sculpted than the TV Eva Spec. Although I am an absolute Eva devotee, I really can't see why I would continue the TV Spec line, knowing there will be more Movie Eva Specs to come out.

Just out of interest, would you guys buy the TV Eva-02 Specs if it has the same clumsy sculpt as the original TV Eva-01?

Edited by Mowe

So......

XS-01 = Eva Unit 01 (tv)

XS-02 = SPT Layzner

XS-03 = Eva Unit 01 (Rebuild)

XS-04 = Eva Unit 00 (Rebuild)

XS-05 = Dragonar 1

XS-06 = Nadeisco Black Salena?

XS-07 = ?????????????????????

XS-08 = Eva Unit 02 (tv)

What's XS-07 gonna be?

Wouldn't XS-06 be the Tv Ver of Dragonnar? Since XS-05 is the opening Silouette Ver? Then XS-07 would be Black Salena?

I'm just guessing here.

Just got this guy last night. Its like Bandai finally heard my comment, with stability is a key factor for a figure, and it always start at the ankle joint. Thank you Bandai, for finally having a SOC with RATCHET ANKLES!

Baikanfu is pretty much the best executed SOC I have come across in terms of fitment. No loose joint to fix. NONE, especially when it has more hinges than any other SOCs. Its one of the more poseable SOC for sure, and turned out to be the most stable SOC to date. For once, there is absolute zero balancing issue even in action poses. No more worries on the thing falling by the slightest touch, or leaning in anyway. I almost couldn't believe it when I saw the multi-jointed ankle with ratchet, as well as ratchet toe joint. Its all I've been asking for for years, and finally, its been realized. The little Rom figure is great too. Quite a bit smaller than a microman, but is actually more sturdy overall. And its just amazing how they managed to design all the joint hinges wrapping up the figure limbs from the outside one on top of another. When seeing the whole thing combined bending the joints freely, its a marvel to behold. This is definitely one of the best designed SOC.

But on the down side, this is also the worst painted SOC in my collection... Not just a couple spots, but sloppy overspray and ugly touch-up everywhere, and on all figures too. Looks like they really rushed out this release, as I am not the only guy with paint issues. But this toy is so great that, I actually found myself overlooking this flaw, regardless its the worse paint case of SOC I've ever had.

Alright, I'm sold. I've been trying to ignore Baikanfu but it sounds like so much fun. What's another couple hundred dollars? :wacko:

Yeah. Definitely worth buying as long as you are not super picky about paint job (as you are bound to find some sloppy spots, if not a lot), and don't mind the slightly compromised proportion of Baikanfu's look (shoulders sit a little low).

This is one of the rare gokin toy that you can totally see how complicated and how much work they have put into the design to make everything work, yet the collector don't have to go through very complicated transformation or part swapping process to enjoy it fully. It has a complicated structure, but yet so simple to combine and move the thing around to pose. And in the end, all the bits and accessories hide neatly in the little display hill top. Gunbuster is a marvel to transform, but there is some parts swap involve. Baikanfu on the other hand feels very clean and hassle-free. Can't be happier about how stable this toy is too.

Edited by mpchi

Yeah. Definitely worth buying as long as you are not super picky about paint job (as you are bound to find some sloppy spots, if not a lot), and don't mind the slightly compromised proportion of Baikanfu's look (shoulders sit a little low).

This is one of the rare gokin toy that you can totally see how complicated and how much work they have put into the design to make everything work, yet the collector don't have to go through very complicated transformation or part swapping process to enjoy it fully. It has a complicated structure, but yet so simple to combine and move the thing around to pose. And in the end, all the bits and accessories hide neatly in the little display hill top. Gunbuster is a marvel to transform, but there is some parts swap involve. Baikanfu on the other hand feels very clean and hassle-free. Can't be happier about how stable this toy is too.

Awesome, I will definitely pick this up soon, maybe a 'tax return' toy. I have to admit that I wasn't too keen on the design of this character at first but the more I look at pictures of the SOC toy the more I appreciate it. Hopefully they'll correct the paint issues they seem to be having with this. I've read a few reports on poor paint QC now. Someone over at TFW2005 got one with a big blob of white paint on the head of one of the bots and a paint thumb-print right on the face of another.

I am surprise to see Bandai continuing the TV Eva Specs.

Personally, I think the Movie Eva Specs were much better sculpted than the TV Eva Spec. Although I am an absolute Eva devotee, I really can't see why I would continue the TV Spec line, knowing there will be more Movie Eva Specs to come out.

Just out of interest, would you guys buy the TV Eva-02 Specs if it has the same clumsy sculpt as the original TV Eva-01?

Yeah Eva-02 is like an afterthought ain't it. Trying to cash in.. i think i'll wait for the review of the joints if they are an improved/revised? design. I prefer to waste my money on the Rebuild movie Eva-02 or is this the scheme we will see?

Maybe this is just that, SPEC rebuild eva-02. :-) anyways FINALLY they SPEC auska's mech.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Got my Opening Silhouette Dragonar the other day, and I'm pretty impressed... the shoulders tend to pop out too easily, and some of the armor s a bit fidget, but all in all I'm pretty impressed and it's damn posable. Def. a good looking and mostly fun to play with toy.

The Iron Gear pleasanly surprised me in much the same way. It is surprisingly elegant in it's design and execution.

There is no mandatory part-swaps for anything. It really is for all intents and purposes a big heavy (and Expensive)

toy.

Sigh, ordered... one for me, and one for bro, and Eva-02 as well, but i'll see how the Black Sarena goes for reviews, i can cancel anytime. Same goes for the Eva-02.

F'n just had to be before the YF-21's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dunno, i don't think i can keep up with my YF-21 order, i may have to reduce the number. : / Too many things coming out that i wanna have!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

WHUUUUUT?

Closed already?!?!?

Yeah why the hell did they have it open for just a few days? How do they warrant that?

I got mine early birded, not like last time i missed clean out (Eva-02 SOC), of course, that's when i decided to start collecting Macross and misc stuff. Absolutely love my SOC Eva-02, this is gonna be a keeper as well. Just hope it comes with decent accesories. Should be interesting to see whats under Eva-02's armour! :)

Guys! Whats the size difference compared to SOC and SPEC line Evas please?

I am thinking of cancelling my copy of the Black Sarena, but i got a little time to make my decision yet.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

The actual Aestivalis looks a bit too plasticy, and that bare screw showing is not very appealing...

Just shows ya how small it is! :D hehehe

Love the armour in fighter mode, and without the armour/by itself (drone mode i guess) Looks sweet!!!

Still could cancel the order if reviews are bad, like to know more about her to really confirm it's worth in my collection...

Great paint job. Thanks guys for the scans!

Now where's pics of the Eva-02 SPEC?