The Soul of Chogokin thread!

Fort Max

Godmarz (when combined) could be one of the biggest SOC ever.

I am not sure separating the sale is a smart strategy. It add confusion to many potential buyers (do I get the individual now or do I wait for the final complete set) and add shipping & packaging cost to the final product. If collectors wants the Godmarz, I think most of them would just bite the bullet and pay the high price at one go. I am guessing the Godmaz should be around $350max (say approx $50 per robot). I think many soc collectors would be happy to folk out that sort of money anyway.

Edited by Mowe

OT....but is the SPEC mecha on the left of God Mars supposed to be nadesico's Black Serena?? HOLY CRAP I WANT THAT!! More pictures pls.

Yes it is, its about 27cm to the tip of it's pointy backpack thing and comes with a 9.5cm fully articulated (natch) Zero G frame Aestavalis inside.

And Toysdaily is rubbish, I use this site for getting Asian toys news now, http://www.toyskingdom.com.hk/forum/forumd...id=5&page=1

There is a RUMOR from a dealer in Singapore that Bandai may sell GODMARZ separately before releasing a complete set. I don't see the advantage profit-wise...

Highly doubted its true. Even the little display tag on those pics says Godmarz, not individual names. And its GX-41, not 41,42,43,44...etc. Besides, we already know GX-42 is Shin Jeeg.

Edited by mpchi

Highly doubted its true. Even the little display tag on those pics says Godmarz, not individual names. And its GX-41, not 41,42,43,44...etc. Besides, we already know GX-42 is Shin Jeeg.

Just hypothetically speaking, but perhaps they could release them individually as GX-41a, GX-41b, etc.? I'm hoping for individual releases along with the whole set at once (before or after or simultaneously) since it'll be easier for me to afford it piece by piece. I'm too much of a hobo to drop over $200 in one shot. ^_^

Well considering that the fellow inside isn't human at all but rather some sort of machine life form I'd say he's ok.

ahhh....should've known. Btw is Machine Robo Rescue or whatever the anime is called, a good show?

Seems fun.

God Marz is on track in becoming the greatest SOC, the posability of each individual is looking very promising, but the biggest suprise is Reideen, it looks very beautiful, a must have for Super Robot fan.

dm071261.jpg

raiden.jpg

Pic source: CyberGundum at Taysdaily

Edited by Mowe

Yep, I'll be spending some serious cash on Godmars. It's another example of a series I was never familiar with but can be completely sold just by a great SOC toy. Can't wait to see some fully painted shots with all the colors. I'm also not one for the 'gucci' versions of SOC toys, but i can't help but think that Godmars would look really cool in all black.

As for Reideen, he keeps looking even more fantastic. One question though, where do the wings come from in Godbird mode? I don't see them on bot mode. I've never seen the show show so I don't know how it's done. And has there been any word on if there will be two versions? One with just Reideen and one with Reideen and the mountain/statue thing?

yes there will be two versions of raideen, GX-40 and GX-40S with the mountain, this last at 13/14 000 yens...

Cool, thanks. I like the mountain but I probably wouldn't display it so I don't think I'll spend more for it.

Though I've never watched Layzner or Dragonar, the designs are definitely part of what I loved about the rise of Real Robots in the 80s. So while the more DX edition with the 'armor' suit would be cooler, I think I'll be looking out for the opening silhouette when it arrives in Singapore. Graham, do post pix when you can! :-)

Mmm, Dragonar-1. Pics already popped out on the 23rd interestingly enough.

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-42655-1-1.html

http://2nd.geocities.jp/lifezoids2/XS-05.htm

Oh so yummy. HLJ hasn't got stock in yet though.

OHH MAN!!!!!!!!!!!! I don''t know squat about this series/OVA/movie but i am SO DAMN SOLD~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only have 2 SOC's (being 02 and 01 Evas which i love to death)

and i have been biding my time waiting for a new SOC to add to my humble but kick arse collection!

WOW! Order stop? so when is she due out? Ahh October? cool! WOW! I LOVE IT! I WANT IT BAD BABY... *pants*

Whats the anime like guys? (goes through hlj.com's archives of Dragonar stuff)

PLease G-Man let us know how she feels, i haven't been this excited about grabbing a unknownsuper robot/mech in like ages!

:D Oooo man it's packing a rail-gun... joyyyyeiiiyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. post-3608-1191054172.gif

I'm picky when it comes to buying mecha i haven't seen in the anime yet. I'll make an exception this time tho....

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

im still on the fence with baikanfu...the big guy's legs are too thick for my liking, and they try to cover it with angled shots, but I LOVE the pic with both cockpits open so you can see all 3 dudes. I think that would make a killer display piece.

Abit lacking in detail and panel lines, but otherwise quite cool. For those who are gonna jump in on Dragonar, there might be Dragonar unit 2 and 3 coming out later. ;)

SPEC Black Salena pic pillaged from SGCollect forums

I'm liking the tiny robot and the sumo armour. Time to finally see Nadesico.

BTW, anybody have pics/video stills of this mecha so see the colours?

Holy crap!!! 76.gif Nadesico gets some love SOC SPEC STYLE!!!!!! Ohh man, wow wow wow finally!

Man this is one expensive thread you know... I think i'll pass on the Dragonar for this baby..... :blink:

Any info on what release date this baby has got? Obviously no pre-order on HLJ.com, anywhere else?

I will buy my bro this for sure, and I'LL need to have one for myself heh heh heh

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

So, is Black Sarena like GBP armor? Or can Aestvalis dock inside like Baikanfu??

Either way, SPEC is getting a great lineup.

Edited by konimon