ZIM IS STILL LOOSE

HWR MKII

Zim is a script kiddy. He has “hacked†many other forums run by amateurs. Forums that aren't very well protected. No big deal. His ability is limited to forum disruption. He is not able to do anything else.

As a side note, I came across another forum he hacked and the people on that forum are convinced that Zim works for the government because of their anti-current-administration stance. Lol, right... There were also a bunch of newbs who claimed they found his home address and name based off his IP address... that had me laughing for a while.

Just do a Yahoo! or Google search under "hacked by zim" and you'll see which forums he's attacked. According to my search, he's hacked AnimeForever, DrawSpace, Code: Lyoko TCG, AmericaCoasters Loudspeaker and a UCLU anime forum. He's even hacked, of all places, ABS-CBN's (a TV station in the Philippines) forums.

If you've got a good SQL dump of the database, recovery is usually pretty trivial.

However, in MW's case, we not only needed to recover, but also patch the server and the IPB version (by several iterations). That took time as well. I think there was also an unexpected issue with the database backups, so part of the database needed to be reconstructed/repaired "by hand" (so to speak).

But, all of this happened before I was admin. So I could be wrong.

Keep in mind that there are a lot of 3rd-party plug-ins for IPB. Thankfully MW does not use any. But they are often used as a "vector" to attack IPB boards (even ones that are fully up-to-date).

H

I just hate that everyone is giving him so much attention. That's what these script kiddies get off on. They love to see people talking about them, good, bad, or otherwise. I say just forget about him and don't continue to feed his ego

The bigger their heads get, the harder they fall.

just a thing i found, I dont know, this website this Zim guy is an administrator to is being accused about hacking into sites and forums. I also noticed that thier is an advertisement for ABC. Prety interesting how it shows diferent IP addresses

Hummm...that was back in 2003...

Zim is a script kiddy. He has “hacked†many other forums run by amateurs. Forums that aren't very well protected. No big deal. His ability is limited to forum disruption. He is not able to do anything else.

Well, if he can copy-paste a forum exploit, he can probably copy-paste something more troublesome.

He's still a script kiddy, and thus still a complete retard incapable of doing anything more than copy-paste.

Wonder if he was even sharp enough to spoof his IP. Be hilarious if he wasn't.

As a side note, I came across another forum he hacked and the people on that forum are convinced that Zim works for the government because of their anti-current-administration stance. Lol, right... There were also a bunch of newbs who claimed they found his home address and name based off his IP address... that had me laughing for a while.

Heehee... I love paranoids.

And kids trying to sound smarter than they are.

IP lookups can be fun, though.

Find some brats reveling in their anonymity, get their IP, get their ISP and city with that, then ask how the weather in their hometown is.

They shut up fast. :)

I was playing SOCOM 2 online — it's a PS2 game —and had a guy tell me that he was going to hack my PS2. I still laugh about it when I think of it.

I had someone threaten to hack my computer and "steal my media player" once.

That was pretty hilarious at the time.

zim the dork :lol:

although i liked the TV show by Jhonen Vasquez as well as his

comic books like Squee and Lenore.

what he said.

how come hackers never use names that I don't have good memories of...

Sorry you're right it was Roman Dirge, my mistake.

happy noodle boy rocks hahahaha

Happy Noodle boy does indeed rock. My wife and I will regularly exclaim "I have been pantsed! I kill like the damned now!" when something minor goes wrong.

It is a shame that zim steals his name from the great Jhonen Vasquez, but he is a script kiddie. Mooching off the talent of others while having none of his own is his thing.