Transformers Super Thread 4: The Return

Dangard Ace

Sony BGM could not get the rights to the audio (presumebly because of all the japanese actors involved). Nor was it practical to get (as some fans suggested) the surviving US voice actors to dub it. And since the special guests on the other DVD commentaries who worked on the movie, but had nothing to do with this episode, they would have nothing to say on any commentary for it. So rather than have a completely silent episode of TF, they have two fans explain it.

Why do you quote "fans" as if they're two random Sony guys paid to pretend to be fans? From what I recall, they're guys from 2005, the TF board who participated with to Sony produce this DVD.

Repeat: I'M BITCHING.

It's called sarcasm.

Stop feeling the need to defend everything transformers. I know what goes on on TFW2005. I visit there too.

And the "fans" commentary sucks ass. No audio or just the bgm would have been a whole lot better.

Repeat: I'M battyING.

It's called sarcasm.

Stop feeling the need to defend everything transformers. I know what goes on on TFW2005. I visit there too.

And the "fans" commentary sucks ass. No audio or just the bgm would have been a whole lot better.

Oh okay then.

I visited the Anime Store in San Diego before dinner last night and saw the MP-04 Optimus Prime. I really love the box and the photos they've printed on it. I love the varnish coat too and foiling they did on some of the fonts. It's a big-ass box!...selling for $199.99 USD

I've preordered mine through tmpanime.com...but have any of you peeps, who ordered, receive your optimus prime yet?

Sorry I did not have a digital camera at the time to take photos.

Can someone post up an open box photos?

JBO: I presume that the 2005 members who helped Sony suggested including Scramble City and the project budget could only afford the video, but not the audio and the accompanying residuals for all the japanese actors.

Like I said... if you can't afford the audio, why bother?

I'll correct it. It's a fine figure. Just heaps of QC crap to fix up.

Heaps of ugly ugly sprue marks. I can't believe it's this bad. Usually they are clean on my other Cybertron figures. Like, these are ugly bumps, I'll trim them, but there is at least 11 I have to do.

1 arm completely succumbs to gravity. Can't stay up. I'll undo it and put wood glue in.

Pirme chest is scratched to hell. The blue windows. Got to polish them up.

Grease. WTF? Why is there grease on here? It ain't my hair gel, I dind't even touch it and looked at it from inside it's packaging. I'll have to clean that off. I think it is mold release agent or something.

Otherwise it's a fabulous figure, I do like the design. But can't believe I have to put a lot of work in to get it shipshape.

Geez...

I had ONE spur issue, and nothing else.

And that was actually sticking out in a not-visible location(which also made it a pain to trim out, but...). Was only an issue at all because it interfered with a chest panel hinge.

Sorry to hear your's was in such bad shape.

It's all cool now. If there is one issue I can't fix, it's the chunky beam cannon on the left. You know when you get prime into that weirdish truck-fighter mode? The joint won't let me align it with the body, it won't "click" into it's final place.

I'm happy now. Looks so much better now that I cleaned it up. I must say that I am impressed with the head, I was wondering how they were going to convert between super mode and normal mode without taking the head off, I was expecting another head in the box. :D

Edited by kensei

It's all cool now. If there is one issue I can't fix, it's the chunky beam cannon on the left. You know when you get prime into that weirdish truck-fighter mode? The joint won't let me align it with the body, it won't "click" into it's final place.

I tried that mode once. Just to see what it looked like.

Firejettrucks are silly.

I'm happy now. Looks so much better now that I cleaned it up. I must say that I am impressed with the head, I was wondering how they were going to convert between super mode and normal mode without taking the head off, I was expecting another head in the box. :D

Yah, it's a nice head... once you flip the mouthplate up.

Heyheyhey! The movie producers aren't total morons!

http://www.transformersmovie.com/primespeaks/

Prime's contest line for the movie is... "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." They even proofread it.

I disagree. Nearly all of the top 10 entries are stuff that Prime (and as a result, Cullen) said TWENTY YEARS AGO. What the hell? So he has to record the same crap over again? And the winner is from 20 years ago as well. I guess originality meant nothing in this case.

I tried that mode once. Just to see what it looked like.

Firejettrucks are silly.

Yah, it's a nice head... once you flip the mouthplate up.

Yah it is silly, :lol: I was just doing it for completeness. It's the only way he can fly I guess.

I find it really hard to accept that he is a fire truck though even though there are so many features that say so. To me, there are so many weapons that he is the new generation mobile weapons truck that will eventually replace tanks in urban settings. Crikey.

I disagree. Nearly all of the top 10 entries are stuff that Prime (and as a result, Cullen) said TWENTY YEARS AGO. What the hell? So he has to record the same crap over again? And the winner is from 20 years ago as well. I guess originality meant nothing in this case.

Were there any original submissions in the first place?

Yah it is silly, :lol: I was just doing it for completeness. It's the only way he can fly I guess.

I find it really hard to accept that he is a fire truck though even though there are so many features that say so. To me, there are so many weapons that he is the new generation mobile weapons truck that will eventually replace tanks in urban settings. Crikey.

He's jsut a believer in the old saying "fight fire with fire."

Heyheyhey! The movie producers aren't total morons!

http://www.transformersmovie.com/primespeaks/

Prime's contest line for the movie is... "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." They even proofread it.

Problem with that is its also Prime's motto, and was bound to be in the film regardless.

All that contest shows is that many of the people who entered are woefully unimaginative, or painfully unfunny.

Its an in-joke in both the original japanese episode and the US dub that nobody believes that he is a fire truck. When Prime chastises Scattorshot for choosing an inconspicuous half-track as a vehicle mode, Scattorshot mocks Prime's choice of being a fire truck with giant cannons sure blending in well with the environment. Prime respond that firetrucks are bigger before quickly driving off.

Alternators Swerve? He was pretty hard to find, as I recall, at least in my part of Ohio. I found mine at a TRU, but that's the only time I ever saw him in stores.

As I recall he was intended to be a cheap repaint/case filler for a couple of Alternator waves. He included the firebird sticker that came with the blue Binaltech Tracks.

He is presumebly very expensive because alot of people collect things that are rare. He would be hated if he was manufactured in mass quantities ;)

Ya know if you wanna see Scramble City in English it is available. Remember I work with TFCog who dubs Transformer shows that don't make it into the US and one of their first movies was Scramble City...course it's a bit rough on the edges but it's got some good impersenations of Prime and Starscream.

Problem with that is its also Prime's motto, and was bound to be in the film regardless.

Apparently not, since any lines already in the movie weren't eligible for the contest.

I still wanted "Transform and roll out" to win, though. It's apparent lack of inclusion saddens me.

Its an in-joke in both the original japanese episode and the US dub that nobody believes that he is a fire truck. When Prime chastises Scattorshot for choosing an inconspicuous half-track as a vehicle mode, Scattorshot mocks Prime's choice of being a fire truck with giant cannons sure blending in well with the environment. Prime respond that firetrucks are bigger before quickly driving off.

Haw.

All that contest shows is that many of the people who entered are woefully unimaginative, or painfully unfunny.

I got to see the originals from the start. as cheesy as some of them are. :D

Ya know if you wanna see Scramble City in English it is available. Remember I work with TFCog who dubs Transformer shows that don't make it into the US and one of their first movies was Scramble City...course it's a bit rough on the edges but it's got some good impersenations of Prime and Starscream.

I prefer to have heard the Japanese audio and original BGM but that fan dub ain't bad. I found it immensely more enjoyable then what we got on the dvd. Prime and SS were pretty good, Megatron....eh, not so much.

I prefer to have heard the Japanese audio and original BGM but that fan dub ain't bad. I found it immensely more enjoyable then what we got on the dvd. Prime and SS were pretty good, Megatron....eh, not so much.

Aaron's Prime impression was probably top knotch, I think he actually got used for ALOT of Prime impressions in various other fandubs from transformer fan makers, but he's kind of dissappeared...he played StarSaber for TFCog's dub of Victory which was then replaced by I think 1 more guy and then that was short lived with Starsaber now played by Brad Venable who also plays Megastorm for the BWII series with me.

Brandon who works on the dubs for Victory and BWII and did Scramble City was a lil bit surprised that there was not even a "mumble" from the guy at TWF2005 bout the Scramble City dub but didn't really care.

And even for a brief time TFcog was animating a sequal to Scramble City which just went into the crapper big time.

Still, the DVD was great, even if the Scramble City commentary blew and felt very boring (I only watched a third of it) and I can't wait to see how Sony BGM handles the TV series.

Its not sexy. Its MOE...there's a diff. XD

And i like that spark monster thingy....i sorta remember an episode where that spark drives electric things crazy.

And i didn't notice this at 1st, but i think the skittles form the gattling gun....

Oh, good call on the gun bits....I was gonna ask what engine part the gun was supposed to be :lol:

All in all, looks dumb. I'm gonna get HotRod and can the little figure, and then I dunno what else.... but I've already decided I'm not buying nay more repaints or Decepticons.

I visited the Anime Store in San Diego before dinner last night and saw the MP-04 Optimus Prime. I really love the box and the photos they've printed on it. I love the varnish coat too and foiling they did on some of the fonts. It's a big-ass box!...selling for $199.99 USD

I've preordered mine through tmpanime.com...but have any of you peeps, who ordered, receive your optimus prime yet?

Sorry I did not have a digital camera at the time to take photos.

Can someone post up an open box photos?

Which store and where?

I live in san diego and I'm trying to find one cheaper without shippng. . . .

The next kiss player...atari and whatshisname....roles reversed.

Hmm, i'm digging that it comes with Kremzeek or whatever they're calling him in the comic, but honestly even though the RX-8 is right up there as my fav. alt mold (right behind Mirage/Rodimus) i can't see much reason to buy this one... unless you're a fan of the comic. :mellow::blink:

I love Kreemzeek! Messed up both Autobots and Decepticons in that episode. They should make a boxset of Kremzeeks like Monkeys in a Barrel.

OT:

Last couple of days I've been messing around with the Cybertron BW Prime and Megatron. Does anyone else think it'd be funny if Prime went all apeshit psycho against the Maximals? Optimus Prime - Terrorize!!

OT:

Last couple of days I've been messing around with the Cybertron BW Prime and Megatron. Does anyone else think it'd be funny if Prime went all apeshit psycho against the Maximals? Optimus Prime - Terrorize!!

Heh, like that G1 episode where Prime beats Rodimus to within an inch of his life before he finally comes back to his senses later in the season? Haha, good times. :lol:

Heh, like that G1 episode where Prime beats Rodimus to within an inch of his life before he finally comes back to his senses later in the season? Haha, good times. :lol:

I think that was actually back to back. When they finally realized that Rodimus couldn't hold a candle to Optimus. Optimus beat Rodimus up, destroyed a Quintesson fleet and appeared to die in a fireball... and then he was miraculously found to have survived.