M+ Valks

kensei

Which valk would you most definitely buy?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Which valk would you most definitely buy?

• YF-19 (Confirmed)
    • YF-21
    • VF-11B Thunderbolt
    • X-9 Ghost!

It'd be nice if Yamato divided the Ghost into three pieces. When you buy each of the M+ VF's you get a piece of the puzzle.

Now that's incentive.

423670[/snapback]

yeah, I mentioned that idea for the SDF-1. but I think it fits the ghost even more because it doesn't transform and hence the easiest to sell in separate pieces...

probably wont happen though~ :(

423681[/snapback]

its a great incentive... that has a tendency to go wrong. lets say for example that for whatever reason they make less of one fighter than another and that leaves many consumers out in the cold. Or lets say that you want only the ghost part but not a particular fighter then you forced to buy something you dont want. Sure you can sell it off but you still have to go thru the effort of buying it only to get rid of it later on.

But yeah I want all of them. I especially like the vf11 because it is the coolest CF in all of macross universe so far. :D I get a funny feeling they won't be able to fit a PT heat shield inside the skinny body of that anorexic valk though..

423669[/snapback]

No it isn't. They did it with a model kit in 1/72 scale. It was a SHE kit I think.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models/she/she_vf11b.htm

If a model could do that, then I think if Yamato did make it 1/60 scale it would be possibile for them.

Edited by kensei

I picked the VF-11. There's just something about it that has the charm of Kawamori's earlier designs, the VF-1 and the VF-4. I can't explain it -- I just love the Vf-11. Also, it has way cooler fastpacks, plus:

423784[/snapback]

Whoah! Is that GBP? What cartoon is that from???

I keep looking at the YF-21 in fighter mode then at its other modes with the arms out. David was right about the panel thing, I sat there for a while today looking at the lineart in the Macross Design Works book, and cannot figure out whatsoever how it goes from sleek and somewhat flat to rounded when the arms pull out. Especially how the shoulder goes from flat to big and round with dots on it... :( I know anime magic, but still...

Oh hell, if Yamato made the full armor for the VF-11 (since it was in VFX2) I would have to buy it!

The 21 became my favorite valk immediately from the first second I saw it ... call it fanboy love at first sight. :p My jaw just dropped. I'd sell my spare organs on the black market for a good quality 1/60 22 in Max or Gamlin colors ... don't suppose that's ever going to happen, though.

The 19 is a close second. Truth be told, I'd buy any and all of the above. Well, maybe I'd pass on the ghost ... I just can't get that excited about something you only saw in one episode of Mac+ and even then only whipping by so fast you never really get a good look. Meh.

I am much more selective about what I get these days and am thrilled Yamato is starting to put out new molds instead of milking the 1/48 with repaint after repaint.

Now bring on the enemy mecha ... I'd kill for a 1/60 Glaug.

If I had to choose just one, it'd be the bastard, love-child of the Q-Rau and the Valkyrie fighters, the YF-21.

.....especially if it's anything like the jaw-droppingly gorgeous D'Stance model.

The VF-11B!

YF-19 and YF-21 I'm have a lot of fans because Macross so cool and so were Isamu and Guld both of those fighters reek of coolness.

The VF-11B is a cool modern take on a mor retro fighter.  In Battroid it looks very much like a VF-1A.  It was the Macross Plus Valkyrie that I most interested the fight time around but the result weren't as good as the others.  It deserves the revamp most of all.

423484[/snapback]

What he said :) .

i voted for the 19, because i would definitely buy it. i have the 11b., and it is my fav valk, but these are expensive toys. Id have to work hard to justify buying another scaled 11 since the one I have is so kick ass.

Still, if it looked cool enough id be hard pressedc to say no...

I picked the VF-11. There's just something about it that has the charm of Kawamori's earlier designs, the VF-1 and the VF-4. I can't explain it -- I just love the Vf-11. Also, it has way cooler fastpacks, plus:

423784[/snapback]

Problem with the GBP for the 11 is, that it has a HUGE f-off gunpod.

Yeah I hope it comes with a little stand for the gun for posability reasons too. I plan on posing mine in a "floating in space" pose in the air. If they don't I will use some wire to keep it up like I do for banpresto valk in fighter mode.

Or maybe they will go the way of MP trasnformers with "papercraft trailer" and make it a cardboard gunpod! :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I'd rather be crazy and complain about getting a big gun with a possible YAMATO VF-11B armor then hang around the Roslowtech forum and not be able to discuss it at all.

424011[/snapback]

huh whats Roslowtech , any way I already voted

I hope they make them all. :D