What Issues Would You...

kensei

..yeah but just make em similar but smaller and the correct type for the valk, thanks. :) I loved the look of the robot hands.

pics of gbp hands for reference:

BIG_H_5.JPG BIGH_6.JPG BIGH_7.JPG

BIGH_8.JPG BIGH_9.JPG BIGH_10.JPG BIGH_11.JPG

422101[/snapback]

Make small accessory packs with these in so I can put them on my VF1 as the standard non Clown type are not that good.

Other than that I agree with all thge points raised.

Thread Jack

Just a few things....

2.  Space out the releases better:  Only the hardest of the hardcore (with the deepest pockets)can be expected to buy this many valks when they appear simultaneously within a 2 or 3 month time frame. 

422236[/snapback]

Since the last big batch came out, I changed my buying habits and focused on what was really important to me.

MACROSS

Mcfarlane, Transformers, comics and a couple of other things, all are going bye-bye.

I opened up an ING direct savings account and set up an automatic deposit every 2 weeks. If you set the amount at 65.00, and since the releases are about 3 months apart in 3 months you will will have 409.50 to use for valks.

It sucked giving up my other hobbies, but I enjoy Macross more.

Right now, I'm just waiting for a total to send the funds for a Angel birds, Kakazi and stealth FP. My VF-0A is already paid for.

/Thread Jack

I just want to see a fully tampo printed valk. I would pay extra for it if given the option

Make small accessory packs with these in so I can put them on my VF1 as the standard non Clown type are not that good.

Other than that I agree with all thge points raised.

Yeah that would be a good idea. In it they can then include the side covers for us who don't want to buy a whole gbp to get them.

As for clown hands: these should only be included with tv valks. But I figure since tv valks get them as standard, as well as PT chicken hands, it would be fair if the DYRL valks get at least non-posable robot hands. (and perhaps high quality poseable ones for the accessory pack?)

But ultimately I wish (lets assume they eventually make a 2 seater valk in future) that all the vf1 had these as "standard" extras. (eventually phasing out the accessory pack as early adopters buy these up and the need lessens in time)

Those little banprestos for example gets all the different heads, so I want the same thing to happen with yamatos but for hands. :D

Given that Graham has yet to post in this thread, do you think all this discussion will help at all?

422589[/snapback]

maybe hes just lurking, like on reconasance or somthing.

Just make the thread a sticky until the demands are met. :D

Another thing I think they could add to the accessory pack idea:

clear fast pack covers. Yeah I would buy all this.

Make VF-2SS Valkyrie

damn I almost forgot about that. Since it is similar to vf1 it shouldn't be that hard imo. Yf-19 is way more different and we are getting that.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Just make the thread a sticky until the demands are met. :D

Another thing I think they could add to the accessory pack idea:

clear fast pack covers. Yeah I would buy all this.

Make VF-2SS Valkyrie

damn I almost forgot about that. Since it is similar to vf1 it shouldn't be that hard imo. Yf-19 is way more different and we are getting that.

422629[/snapback]

Yeah a few different molds but the transform is almost the same so no need to really think about how just make the parts etc.

Given that Graham has yet to post in this thread, do you think all this discussion will help at all?

422589[/snapback]

422626[/snapback]

Just thought we'd bring the issues in a whole thread, instead of individual threads for 5-6 different releases.

I might consider bringing up the main ten or so points in the first topic.

I disagree with the BP8 part. There is no reason why they should reinforce the BP8. It's strong as it is. People just dont read the instruction manual before they transform it, thinking it's all straightforward and then break it.

I was really wishing for this thread to be toy issues rather than requests for new toys to be made, but I guess that is a issue in itself! :p

In that case, I would suggest that Yamato release a TV FAST Packs set. It would look good with some particular valks, and also let people catch up customise, mix and match.

Edited by kensei

I've never broken a BP8 (thought I realise you should never SAY that), it seemed fine to me, and I've tugged on it a few times. I think a metal plate there instead would just look amazingly ugly.

I really have yet to come up with a setup where clear fastpack covers actually looked good - I mean, they're okay and all, but if you want to show the insides, having them off just looks better. I think keeping them as a quaint collectable is good enough - they can still be had for short money if you want them.

If anything, I would love to see the stealth fastpacks set have a second set of covers so they're not two-tone - but that's more of a silent wish then an issue.

Not sure if this has been raised. Seeing as how 1/60 Valkyries have been pretty much eclipsed by the 1/48's, this point may be moot but...

I wish Yamato would consider addressing the instability issue with 1/60 VFs, perhaps by using less/no die cast? I honestly wouldn't mind all-plastic construction [hey, it works great for the 1/48s] if it meant curing the "kamikaze" tendencies of the 1/60's in Battroid mode, i.e. falling over, the spontaneous nose dives off of shelves/bookcases/etc phenomenon. The weight of the legs is just too much for the hip joint design, and unless placed in certain poses in Battroid mode, it makes them just too prone to flop over. Honestly, it was that tendency that pretty much killed my interest in the 1/60 line. But the 1/48's are just too expensive for me to consider collecting any significant numbers.

I realize an almost complete re-design is out of the question for Yamato--but it would be cool if they considered a swing-arm mechanism for the legs to accomodate t-formation, either like that of the 1/48 VF-1 or VF-0? Not a chance, right? Would it be considered too fragile due to smaller scale or something?

Reissue the 1/60 valks for those of us who dont have enough to get the 1/48's

and add more 1/60 paint schemes too please

even poor macross collectors want valks that look good and stay together

fuzzy

422589[/snapback]

422626[/snapback]

Hah! If I were Graham, the last thing I would do would be to post on this thread. Too dangerous/complicated!

Try and work the perfect transformation process into the 1/60 line, and release the VF-1's again so we can all have kick ass transformation in the same scale. This should also make collecting them easier on the wallets.

And for those of you who say "I'm not buying those again", you KNOW you will.

My suggestions are:

-Metal BP8s

422648[/snapback]

YES! a metal one would make it so i don't have to worry so much. i take great care of valks and keep the handling to a minimum but this part still freaks me out, i'm always worried about snapping it if i want to remove/attach the FPs. i don't know anyone here who feels comfortable taking a set of FPs on and off their valk....not one.

kensei,

seriously dude, whens the last time you had to take a set of FP's off one of your valks? probably never considering you got(my guess) 6 of each, 3 w/FP in each mode, 3 w/o FP in each mode. so you don't really run the risk of snapping it like the rest of us poor folk. :D

another good suggestion.

its not so much that the front LG doors chip from opening and closing them, they chip because the front LG doors rub up against the swing bar when its in battroid mode.

if you look at a valk that has paint chips on the LGs, you'll notice its usually right smack dab in the middle of the doors, which is exactly the position where the swing bar makes contact with them....grrrrrr its a pisser!

i've been sticking a piece of thin plastic between it to prevent this from happening but if the LG doors were plastic, it would save me the trouble.

Try and work the perfect transformation process into the 1/60 line, and release the VF-1's again so we can all have kick ass transformation in the same scale. This should also make collecting them easier on the wallets.

And for those of you who say "I'm not buying those again", you KNOW you will.

If I were an owner of them I would still want the best possible version of a 1/60 and have no problems selling them off. Just happy that improvement were made. It's been a long enough time since those came out anyway, right?

If improved versions of the 1/48 came out, I would have no probs getting rid of the old to make way for the new. (provided those improvement were a big step up)

If Yamato were to make changes to the 1/60 VF-1 and do a redesign based on the 1/48, I would buy at least a DYRL Max, even though I already have a 1/60 Max.

But...

VF-1 overload. I'd rather they wait and bring 1/60 VF-1 V2s later after they visit/revisit other valks. Namely a resculpt VF-11 and YF-21. The VF-4G, VF-3000, and VF-5000. Heh, plus they can do a 1/60 release of the Low Vis, for you guys that missed out on the 1/48. I know I'd buy that one as a 1/60 V2.

However, I personally would not rebuy a 1/60 VF-1 if the only change is plastic legs. :p It's not enough of a reason for me to dish out that much money.

Otherwise:

-stay not doing the radar/removable nosecone (unless it's to have an optional nosecone replacement to placate fighter mode and battroid mode purists, like on the 19 people complaining the nose is too short).

-take advantage of VFX color schemes if doing new valks.

-continue with the non-canon color schemes as long as they're good ones.

-like everyone else said... space saving boxes.

-work with CMs corporation to release more Macross figure collections, with better work and if releasing packs of a figure, include heads for ALL the bodies... :angry: I'm still pissed I have three bodies for Miria, and one is headless.

edit: typed the wrong thing for a smiley :p

Edited by Sumdumgai

My suggestions are:

-Metal BP8s

422648[/snapback]

kensei,

seriously dude, whens the last time you had to take a set of FP's off one of your valks? probably never considering you got(my guess) 6 of each, 3 w/FP in each mode, 3 w/o FP in each mode. so you don't really run the risk of snapping it like the rest of us poor folk. :D

423289[/snapback]

For Max and Millia, very often. I see your point, but i never force anything. There are times when it gets stuck, but I always support the backpack while pulling out the FP.

It's just that, when you look at the swing bar, a white painted BP8 would look pretty ugly.

Edited by kensei

Something I would really like to see in the future would be a full skeleton underneath removable armor that wouldn't affect the transformation. A 1/60 VF-4 and a VF-17 would be nice. Also a FB for the YF-19 that would light up would be friggin sweet. Thats about it for me.

I would also like Yamato to make valks easy to take apart again, just like the 1/48 VF-1. Fixing my VF-0 to make it stable in the arms and ankles was a pain in the butt, and most of the parts were glued. More screw attachments please.

Good for customisers too, or for just cleaning your valk.

Lets see:

1: 1/48 scale VF-4

2: 1/48 scale VF-4

3: Some 1/48 scale VF-1s and VF-4s in some of the semi-official schemes from TIAS: Macross Plus.

4: Instead of a blank white 1/48 VF-1 make a "Primer Grey" blank VF-1 it'll be easier to paint it with a dark scheme that way.

5: Screw this DYRL Macross stuff, I want a TV series Macross! (though I would by a DYRL version). Carrier arms all the way baby!

Oh yeah and a 1/48 scale VF-4.

Edited by Nied

422589[/snapback]

422626[/snapback]

I don't think Yamato would give a crapOLa what we think, even if it's coming from Graham. I mean, seriously... how many times do you think they've heard people beg them for decent stickers (that includes Graham, AND their own workers I'll bet)? They probably just laugh at the complainers knowing danged well they'll buy their products no matter what. If Yamato had an english website set up, that would be awesome. Then all of us could voice our opinions and maybe somebody from Yamato might start to care.

They probably just laugh at the complainers knowing danged well they'll buy their products no matter what. If Yamato had an english website set up, that would be awesome. Then all of us could voice our opinions and maybe somebody from Yamato might start to care.

Yeah I was thinking along the lines of a feedback poll or something like:

"Which of the following mecha would you like to see made?"

"What would you pay for a toy of such and such scale?"

"Is PT preffered over part swap if the part swap makes the toy more accurate in respect to each mode vs a compromise of all three modes in PT version?"

It would be interesting to see the results if everyone (not just MW) had put in votes to see what are the most likely things to come out.

As for stickers: if they tampo print more stuff it can make a big difference in the overall look of the toy for some things. Especially for mecha with not much marking. The VB6 is a good example. How hard would it have been to just print the eyeball marking on the side of the mecha FFS? Compared to vf1, (which has the unspacy kite) there is really no excuse for that. And if they can get back into panel lining, that would make it look even better in the box.

It would count towards the whole presentation of a toy when they look at it from the window so it might be the deciding factor that turns a disinterested customer who thinks it looks cheap, into one that really apreciates that extra level of detail they put into the toy and becomes a repeat buyer. I would be willing to pay the extra money for the toy if it meant they were panel lined and had decent stickers or more tampo printed markings.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Lets see:

1: 1/48 scale VF-4

2: 1/48 scale VF-4

3: Some 1/48 scale VF-1s and VF-4s in some of the semi-official schemes from TIAS: Macross Plus.

4: Instead of a blank white 1/48 VF-1 make a "Primer Grey" blank VF-1 it'll be easier to paint it with a dark scheme that way.

5: Screw this DYRL Macross stuff, I want a TV series Macross! (though I would by a DYRL version).  Carrier arms all the way baby!

Oh yeah and a 1/48 scale VF-4.

423793[/snapback]

you forgot a 1/18 scale VF-4G....

ah, they panel-lined all their old Mac+ toys in solid, thick black. I'm not sure I would want something like that for higher-end, larger toys. Plus, it's 9X easier to add them then it is to get rid of ones you don't like...