Why So Many 1/48 Releases

1 VF-1 2NV

I think the last time Yamato did this was the initial run of the tv deluxe fp hikaru, max, milia,  I think?

419288[/snapback]

They never released these, only the Hikaru VF-1J, but that was without FPs.

If they were released, I would jump on them.

Hang on....I don't need anymore....:lol:

I don't think it's a case of Yamato running out of money...I think it's a case that they HAVE lots of money, I can't imagine going on an expedition like this without resources would be cheap.

The 1/48 releases are clearly to cash in and make some profit... perhaps to fund new projects. :D

I wish they rerelease the max and millia vf-1j's again... didn't have the money to buy them then... and now I got a plenty~ :D

Heck rerelease all them suckas!

I've no doubt that they will release the VF-1S Max. Very easy, and we've yet to see more than two different versions of the 1S.

But I would like a TV Fast Packs set in Grey and also a VF-1A Max and Kakizaki in TV.

That's all I can think of and want.

I've no doubt that they will release the VF-1S Max. Very easy, and we've yet to see more than two different versions of the 1S.

But I would like a TV Fast Packs set in Grey and also a VF-1A Max and Kakizaki in TV.

419314[/snapback]

I'm thinking they'll release a non-cannon version of the 1s before the 1/48 maddness ends.

419314[/snapback]

I'm thinking they'll release a non-cannon version of the 1s before the 1/48 maddness ends.

419318[/snapback]

I kinda and kinda don't agree with you...no...rather hope that what you say is not going to be true.

If money is good I would like to have a set of Max VF-1S (7) in my hands first. I couldn't care less for the non-canon ones unless they look really cool. Plus I only get a couple of the non-canon ones anyway, only two.

If finances are tight, I'd like em next year....in December. :p

Edited by kensei

I have a feeling we'll be seeing two seaters...

it'll share a lot of parts with regular one seaters hence share some of the ready made molds...

They can milk another dozen variations off of it with people lined up in droves to buy it... I woulda thought it was impossible just 6 months ago but now, lets get crazy, why not?

Even with CAD, i doubt it. Even Captain America couldn't do it. It would take a real genius to figure out how to make 1/48 two seaters.

419338[/snapback]

What are you talking about? He did make a 2 seater kit for the 1/48 with just a few new pieces required. Yamato could do the same.

Even with CAD, i doubt it. Even Captain America couldn't do it. It would take a real genius to figure out how to make 1/48 two seaters.

419338[/snapback]

so they just put on removeable parts

so much for "perfect transformation"

fanboys will still grab them like hotcakes

419338[/snapback]

What are you talking about? He did make a 2 seater kit for the 1/48 with just a few new pieces required. Yamato could do the same.

419349[/snapback]

Yeah bro! What are you talkin about? Nah, im just kiddin w/ you. ;)

I have a feeling we'll be seeing two seaters...

it'll share a lot of parts with regular one seaters hence share some of the ready made molds...

They can milk another dozen variations off of it with people lined up in droves to buy it... I woulda thought it was impossible just 6 months ago but now, lets get crazy, why not?

419329[/snapback]

Yamato knows this Macross market like Bandai knows Gundam. More than likely, Yamato has done their share of researched and development to do the next big thing-- The VT-1 Super Ostrich and VE-1 Elintseeker. As they are in DEMAND!!

Hasn't the price of producing the valks fallen for Yamato (due to production refinement, re-using the same molds with slight repaints)? So, shouldn't the repaints and re-release just gravy/profit? I would think that would give them a good reason to bring prices down a few dollars.

Man, we complain they dont re-release and now we complain they are putting too much that financially draining. Damned if you do and damned if you dont. But hey I am in the same boat with you. I just need to figure out my finances... means selling some of stuff I really dont need to have like other toys (SW, extra joes, etc.)

Hasn't the price of producing the valks fallen for Yamato (due to production refinement, re-using the same molds with slight repaints)?  So, shouldn't the repaints and re-release just gravy/profit?  I would think that would give them a good reason to bring prices down a few dollars.

419411[/snapback]

probably, yes, and probably not. :D

a price break would be great but the retail price doesn't have so much to do with what yamato says, its determined by distributors and sellers. i hoping for the day when we'll be able to buy valks for less than $100.

The only reason the 1/60 vf-1's dropped in price is because of the better 1/48 version... drop in demand eventually leads to drop in either production or price... in the 1/60's case, both happened....

I dont think the 1/48's will ever drop in price... unless another version of the vf-1 (with comparable price) comes out that totally blows it away.... which, I dont forsee happening any time soon...

Everybody sing with me now: The retail price is set by how much we're willing to pay (demand). And how much we're willing to pay is also influenced by how many there are available (supply). But, Yamato's production costs hardly enter into it. They wouldn't lower their price unless they thought it would benefit their profit margin in the long-term (selling more valks at lower price eventually gaining them more profit than selling fewer at a higher price).

As for why they're doing this? They're clearly leveraging their earlier investment. . . these repaints are not expensive to produce. . .

Really, they're finally doing what I think many of us expected them to do from the beginning. . . just slapping a new paint stripe or two on them and selling them by the boatload until we just can't take it anymore. Cha-ching!

More power to 'em! Keep 'em coming!

H

I wonder if the 1/60 YF-19 had something do to with this sudden flood of 1/48s? I assume a lot of Yamato's resources went into developing the 1/60 YF-19, if the lions share of that development is now over, that may have allowed Yamato to turn it's attention back to their cash cow.

Don't know... Just a thought

Edited by Crazy Canuck II

I would rather wait for other variants like VT-1 or VE-1. Financially I can't buy all variants of the VF-1. I just have the first VF-1A, 2 VF-1J and 1 original Low Vis (still in box). Now, bring me a VT-1 with a remolded canopy and new fast pack armor and I will be getting one of those for sure.

PUT IT LIKE THIS... IF WE USED TO PAY ANYWHERE FROM 250 TO 900 DOLLARS FOR OLD VALKS (THANKS AGAIN PHATSLAPPY FOR THE SEEKER IN 97 SENDIND ME THE HIGH END COLLECTING PATH) :lol: WHY NOT SELL EM LIKE HOTCKAES. PLUS THE PRCES ON THESE THINGS HAVE INCREASED NOT DROPPED!!!

419338[/snapback]

419349[/snapback]

So? It wasn't perfect transformation, and it didn't keep with the norm of the 1/48s.

The cost of the toy isn't so bad for me, but the shipping. If only the legal problem didn't exist, more could be sold, (just repackage them as robotech toys or something) and it wouldn't be limited to a small audience who import and buy in small qauntities at a time.

But then I guess part of the appeal to collectors who actually take pride in owning an item that isn't easily had, is that prices for things DO go up at least on the secondhand market. (I feel sorry for all those buyers who paid and arm and leg to get vf1a max)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker