Dam You Macross 7 Dam You #$%#$^#$&^$%&

deadghost

Stuff flying through it and shooting stuff up the insides isn't exactly good either, though. And low-power or not, a shield can be overloaded.

417806[/snapback]

true, but a lower setting would take longer to overload than a higher, though give less protection.

418077[/snapback]

That's a shaky assumption.

Remember, the shield overload is because it's absorbed more energy than it can contain.

I'd expect a low-power shield to overload EASIER since it has weaker confinement forces to start with.

On the upside, it doesn't damage everyone around you as badly when it DOES blow, since it's holding less energy to release.

On the downside, City 7 is instantaneoulsy stripped of all atmosphere when it blows, regardless of strength.

I've also got serious doubts that the barrier system allows variable permeability, regardless of power level.

Stuff flying through it and shooting stuff up the insides isn't exactly good either, though. And low-power or not, a shield can be overloaded.

417806[/snapback]

true, but a lower setting would take longer to overload than a higher, though give less protection.

418077[/snapback]

That's a shaky assumption.

Remember, the shield overload is because it's absorbed more energy than it can contain.

I'd expect a low-power shield to overload EASIER since it has weaker confinement forces to start with.

On the upside, it doesn't damage everyone around you as badly when it DOES blow, since it's holding less energy to release.

On the downside, City 7 is instantaneoulsy stripped of all atmosphere when it blows, regardless of strength.

I've also got serious doubts that the barrier system allows variable permeability, regardless of power level.

418184[/snapback]

whelp i'm beat... NEXT!

It isn't... its solid. You see it best when Basara is sitting on it during planet lux playing his guitar. it even sounds solid when he walks on it. Or when Gigil infiltrates flying past Diamond squad he attacks it and it explodes. Pretty conclusive its some sort of tranparent material

417816[/snapback]

Except it happened again in the same episode... Gigil captures Basara, they fly off in the hands of an Elgerzorine, and before Emerald Force shoots them down, he shoves Basara off right above the forest bubble of City 7. Next shot has Basara falling through the branches. Perhaps the smaller domes are barriers, or maybe they're retractable for settling on a planet. I dunno, I give up on that aspect. I'll just put a few more strings on my disbelief.

They do definately let in natural air when on a planet, which is what leads me to believe their some kind of energy barrier that can be shut off, as opposed to retracted, but here's something we can all agree on.

PIN-POINT BARRIER PUNCH!!!

The Results of that M7 Poll

Yes: Macross 7 is so great that it moves me. [ 3 ] [7.14%]

Yes: I Liked Macross 7. [ 23 ] [54.76%]

Neutral: Some of it was okay and some of it wasn't. [ 8 ] [19.05%]

No: I didn't like Macross. [ 3 ] [7.14%]

No: Macross 7 sucks ass like nothing else can. [ 5 ] [11.90%]

61.9% Liked it. 19.04% Disliked it and 19.05% were neutral. Of a sampling of 42 the majority actually liked it.

It isn't... its solid. You see it best when Basara is sitting on it during planet lux playing his guitar. it even sounds solid when he walks on it. Or when Gigil infiltrates flying past Diamond squad he attacks it and it explodes. Pretty conclusive its some sort of tranparent material

417816[/snapback]

Except it happened again in the same episode... Gigil captures Basara, they fly off in the hands of an Elgerzorine, and before Emerald Force shoots them down, he shoves Basara off right above the forest bubble of City 7. Next shot has Basara falling through the branches. Perhaps the smaller domes are barriers, or maybe they're retractable for settling on a planet. I dunno, I give up on that aspect. I'll just put a few more strings on my disbelief.

419246[/snapback]

If I remember correctly, wasn't it shown that there were open hatches at the time? I'm pretty sure they did...

If I remember correctly, wasn't it shown that there were open hatches at the time? I'm pretty sure they did...

419369[/snapback]

it mentions the hatches being able to open, but it previously had shown Basara sitting on the dome of City 7.

so it kinda makes you wonder, + why would you want to expose the agricultural sections to an alien enviroment? i could potentialy kill all the plants, or worse, even if the atmosphere was similar to earths, it doesn't mean the plant life and spores of such are. (makes ya wonder a bit more don't it? about them being on an alien world, and walking about without a care in the world before running extensive tests on the plant life/air/atmosphere/and so on :p )

(makes ya wonder a bit more don't it? about them being on an alien world, and walking about without a care in the world before running extensive tests on the plant life/air/atmosphere/and so on :p  )

More "Anime Magic"... :rolleyes:

419369[/snapback]

it mentions the hatches being able to open, but it previously had shown Basara sitting on the dome of City 7.

so it kinda makes you wonder, + why would you want to expose the agricultural sections to an alien enviroment? i could potentialy kill all the plants, or worse, even if the atmosphere was similar to earths, it doesn't mean the plant life and spores of such are. (makes ya wonder a bit more don't it? about them being on an alien world, and walking about without a care in the world before running extensive tests on the plant life/air/atmosphere/and so on :p )

419404[/snapback]

Isn't that SSOP?

(Standard SciFi Operating Procedure)

The only time I've seen people walking around an earth-like planet in environment suits was in Serenity. Even then, they took them off after everything was determined to be normal - of course in that case, Miranda (the planet) was terraformed, so it WOULD be ok.

In M7, I just assume that the Macross 5 already ran all those extensive tests before they decided to set down.

In M7, I just assume that the Macross 5 already ran all those extensive tests before they decided to set down.

419438[/snapback]

That's the most likely case. The M5 fleet probably won't have broadcasted that they found a suitable planet to colonize if they didn't send in a survey party before hand.

419369[/snapback]

419404[/snapback]

Well I'm sure that they wouldn't open all the hatches, just some of them.

The Results of that M7 Poll

Yes: Macross 7 is so great that it moves me. [ 3 ]  [7.14%]

Yes: I Liked Macross 7. [ 23 ]  [54.76%]

Neutral: Some of it was okay and some of it wasn't. [ 8 ]  [19.05%]

No: I didn't like Macross. [ 3 ]  [7.14%]

No: Macross 7 sucks ass like nothing else can. [ 5 ]  [11.90%]

61.9% Liked it.  19.04% Disliked it and 19.05% were neutral.  Of a sampling of 42 the majority actually liked it.

419368[/snapback]

I'd have chosen to go neutral. MAYBE liked it... if there was a neutral/like I'd have checked that.

419369[/snapback]

419404[/snapback]

Isn't that SSOP?

(Standard SciFi Operating Procedure)

The only time I've seen people walking around an earth-like planet in environment suits was in Serenity. Even then, they took them off after everything was determined to be normal - of course in that case, Miranda (the planet) was terraformed, so it WOULD be ok.

419438[/snapback]

They used suits in an episode of Star Trek: Enterprise.

But it was backwards. They confirmed the existence of disease-causing organisms and THEN they started using suits.

But it was backwards. They confirmed the existence of disease-causing organisms and THEN they started using suits.

419815[/snapback]

Enterprise series was a hack, it was to PREquel the original series yet they used higher grade equipment 90% of the time!

gah

sry, i just didn't like the concept.. wasn't it Gene's son who wrote that anyways?

419815[/snapback]

Enterprise series was a hack, it was to PREquel the original series yet they used higher grade equipment 90% of the time!

gah

sry, i just didn't like the concept.. wasn't it Gene's son who wrote that anyways?

419817[/snapback]

I don't think any Rodenberrys were involved.

I don't think any Rodenberrys were involved.

419836[/snapback]

thats what i wanted to hear!

Gene once stated anything he did not personaly put into the shows/movies is NOT canon :)

so i can officialy rub this disgrace off! WOOT!

i know his son had something to do with it, i just couldn't remember if he wrote it or just produced it.

get back on M7 track...

419858[/snapback]

and still no help there....

okay.. lemme thinks.... ummm... i'm out...

gimme one!

419861[/snapback]

Grimlock, if you have a problem with the thread then dont post on it. If you have a problem with my modding then PM me. That's the last time I'm gonna warn you. JBO stay on track.

Stupid trannies.

i liked it, even if it was a bit quarky in its story, Mylene was still kewl :)

419791[/snapback]

Milia kicked AZZ!

419808[/snapback]

Max was awesome too.

And thus we come to the first law of Macross: The Jeniuses rule.

i liked it, even if it was a bit quarky in its story, Mylene was still kewl :)

419791[/snapback]

Milia kicked AZZ!

419808[/snapback]

Max was awesome too.

And thus we come to the first law of Macross: The Jeniuses rule.

419981[/snapback]

I've always wondered though... who's the better pilot - Max or Roy? I'm thinking it's Max.

I've always wondered though... who's the better pilot - Max or Roy? I'm thinking it's Max.

Ultimately Max became the better pilot after he gained sufficient experience.

Roy was the best initially with is ability and experience, but max surpassed him after a while.

The best example of this is that Max "survived" his encounter with Millia, Roy didn't...

I have always been under the impression that Max is the better pilot. In his first sortie, he downs an impressive number of kills. Roy, on the other hand, doesn't appear to rack up as many kills in as short a period of time.

Mind you, as squadron leader, Roy probably has to spend a lot of time looking after those under his command and keeping track of the big picture... so I guess we have to give him piloting points for that - not being killed while he is doing the management tasks.

Ultimately Max became the better pilot after he gained sufficient experience.

Roy was the best initially with is ability and experience, but max surpassed him after a while.

The best example of this is that Max "survived" his encounter with Millia, Roy didn't...

420056[/snapback]

only roy never fought millia....

roy was a better leader, imo. He could motivate and influence people and had a better awareness of the battle as a whole. Max is pretty much your typical anime genius/loner.

Max got a hot alien chick to marry him, Roy did not. Max definately wins!

420074[/snapback]

Yeah, like I said, I was thinkin' it was Max... :D

But I gotta' give Roy points for Claudia. And Hikaru scores pretty high with Misa, in my book!

Roy er...I had jungle fever.

I also was in the of the UN War with 180 kills. During the Space War the documentary film crew was focusing on Hikaru and Vermillion Team. For ratings we faked my death but that's another story.